Do you get the Grey screen crash?

• What?

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 59 53.2%

• Total voters
Mine came from OC'ing. Back the clocks down a little and the GS went way. Never had it crash my games though. It will just flash in and out once or twice as a warning to save my game.

One thing I can't understand is when I open MSI aferburner the fans go up and when I shut the program it go's down in level :confused:

One thing I can't understand is when I open MSI aferburner the fans go up and when I shut the program it go's down in level :confused:

Leave Overdrive in CCC disabled and make all the changes solely through Afterburner. That fixed a couple is issues I had back when it was first released.

Also make sure you're not making any changes in fan speed with AB because they will not stick after the program is closed.

How do you now if the Catalyst Control Center is disabled?
mine is unticked boxes and padlock open

What do you mean by AB?

By disabled, I mean this:

See how everything is grayed out and there is no padlock icon.

AB=Afterburner.

I ticked the two in ccc but the paddlock did not lock?

Plus I do not overclock at all.

Last edited:
If you unlocked it, the only way to relock it is to edit the registry. Not difficult at all. I forget exactly where it was, but the entry was the unlock date, just space through it and you're done.

Got this from overclocking the video memory too far, mine was just like that 2nd picture but more beige than grey, but I guess BSOD is already taken.

Back