GrndZero

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, here it goes. I have been in Iraq since last Jan. I am coming home in the middle of this coming Jan. My old computer right now is a old Abit K(something)7a with an AMD Athlon 1ghz running a Geforce3 ti200 with a gig of ram. In a Scorpio case that has some noisey ass 80mm fans.
I have been doing alot of configurations since around July knowning that as soon as I get back I would be building me a monster machine. I have changed the configurations so many times its funny. I started out with 6800Ultras and have now moved up. Here is a list of all the parts so far.

Antec I P-160WF
Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550
Abit AN8 Ultra
Lite-On SOHW-1673S
Lite-On SOHC-5236V
AMD X2 4800+
Creative X-FI Xetrememusic
Zalman 120mm copper
Samsung SpinPoint P 200gig-x2
EVGA 7800gtx 470mhz
Saitek Eclipse
MS Media Center 2005
OCZ Platnium 2GB kit
Creative Inspire P7800
ViewSonic VX924 19'
CyberPower 6 Outlets UPS
Vantec NXP-205 Fan controller
DVI monitor cable
Floppy Drive
Floppy Cable
G5 Logitech mouse
Thermal compound
MCE Remote control
Cathode Tubes
Ati HDTV wonder

So far the rig has cost me around $3200. I have been sending away for orders to newegg since about October. RIght now its sitting at my parents house since they are holding my car for me since I have been here. Here is some pictures she took for me to show it all off.

I have also decided to upgrade my old computer to be a file server/IM/Email/game server etc. Basically I want my main machine to be for games, graphics, mp3 and video encoding. I will let the other one handle all the other crap. So far I have ordered all the following stuff for that machine.
Asus A8N5X
Asus EN6600
Thermaltake TR2
AMD 3200+
Corsair Value 1GB
ATI TV Wonder Elite
Antec SuperLanboy
I will update as soon as I get home and start putting this all together. I want to take my time with this making sure to handle all the wire managment and airflow.
So what does anyone think?

I want your couch (well, everything sitting on it at least). Seriously though, looks to be a killer rig when you get finished. Definitely make this into a worklog too. I'd watch it.

So you plan to make the case somewhat of a tribute to ground zero? or is that just the name. I had always wanted to do a mod for 9/11 just never had the money... my dad said he might sponsor me soon because we are both firefighters and both lost some good friends up in new york. So if you plan on doing any real modding ill be watching.

That is the rig that I wanted but didn't have the money to build!
VERY NICE!
Let us know how it comes!

HaVoK said:
So you plan to make the case somewhat of a tribute to ground zero? or is that just the name. I had always wanted to do a mod for 9/11 just never had the money... my dad said he might sponsor me soon because we are both firefighters and both lost some good friends up in new york. So if you plan on doing any real modding ill be watching.
Actually that is the screen name I have been using since Quake1 back in 96. Its going to be the computer name. Its definatly an idea though. I was thinking of doing something to the other side of the case but not really sure yet.

Elmntskater1588 said:
OPSEC man!
They told us we can tell friends and family when we are coming home, just cant give specific dates and times. ;)

Back