Groan...4 to 6 weeks for RMA

Slider19

Gawd
Just called FujiPlus/MinMaw for the status of the FP-988D I had returned to them. They told me 4-6 weeks is the usual time. :(

Does anyone have tips on what I could tell them to speed this up? Thanks

Tell them you have a raging case of pancreatic cancer and the doctors have given you only 2 more weeks to live.

The good part may be they are fixing your actual unit as opposed to grabbing one off the pile and just shipping it to you.

Just looking for the positive side ;)

I don't know how to *fix* this particular situation. however, i do have advice for the future. *most* companies only do normal "send it to us, we'll send it back" RMA by default.

however, many of these companies will do what is called "advanced exchange" or "cross-ship rma" if you specifically ask for it. it involves giving them your credit card information (for their security), but they go ahead and send you a replacement part and then you send the defective one back when you get the good one.

i've had to do this a LOT recently with my ASUS K8N-E Deluxe mobo because it keeps dying a horrible death.

with these advance rma's, so long as you ship the dead item back within a reasonable time (usually 14 days), then the credit card is never charged.

hope this helps.

Back