GRRRRRRRR, LCD backlight still not coming on with new LCD!!

MikeS

n00b
Ok here's what happened

1)Coffee spilled on keyboard
2)replaced motherboard, keyboard, inverter, video cable and ram. Ok now it boots up but the display doesn't work
3)Replace backlight, ok display now works but I have to hit the LCD to get the backlight to come on. Eventually it gets so bad I hit it and the LCD cracks.
4)bought brand new LCD today. now backlight doesn't come on at all even when I tap the back of the screen like worked before with the old LCD.

WHY ISN'T THE BACKLIGHT COMING ON? A bad ground? Bad inverter (bought used), bad motherboard? Why would hitting the LCD make the backlight come on and off? I can see everything on the screen, so I know the video cable is working, it's just the backlight that's isn't working.

Thanks

I assume this is a laptop. I know when I replaced my screen there was a different cable for the backlight. Have you checked where that cable connects? Make sure the connection is clean. Also you might want to use a voltmeter to see if your getting a voltage over that line. If not then there is obviously something else that got fried.

Back