GSkill 120GB Sandforce SSD $198 shipped.

I want at least a 256GB sandforce drive. Even a 150GB raptor seemed too small for my games.

My Raptor 150 was big enough for my programs and a pretty sizable amount of games. How many do you need installed at once?

I must say I am a tad disappointed with SSD. Synthetic benchmarks look all great, boot time is few secs shorter, installing Windows 7 was below 10 minutes and I can open ten instances of Word instantly. If only WD slashed prices of Velociraptors by half... I own 4. Overall, I do not regret SSD.

Its an artificial inflated price. It will drop again, newegg does that ALL the time. Just gets your pants too excited about your drive went up in price. LOL.

Last edited:
Gah! Figures, this was the price I was waiting on and I missed it, at least my wallet will thank me.

Na, wait till black friday, I'm betting we'll see some nice Sandforce SSDs for less than $1.5/gb

Waiting for these to go down to $80, will pass for now but noting the price drop.

if you're subscribed to Newegg for their email notifications, this info comes to you as a "shell shocker preview". The Gskill deal starts at 10am today. Good luck!

if you're subscribed to Newegg for their email notifications, this info comes to you as a "shell shocker preview". The Gskill deal starts at 10am today. Good luck!

Hmm..sux0rs for me as I got an ad but it wasn't the shell shocker preview. =/ At the bottom it does link to the 'shell shocker' Deal 2 starts at 10a...so I assume that's it, but no preview love for me.

I usually get txt to my phone for shocker deals, thought, usually at 9am same mornig. Nothing earlier from my email.

Damn, I dunno if I can resist. Might be a perfect time to lay the groundwork for a new build!

I must resist...

do you think the black friday deals would be any better?

Golly holy crap this is so hot. If I didn't already have two 80GB 2nd gen intels...

i bought 4...... i'm sure black friday deals will only be like 10-20 bucks cheaper......which is still nice but i'd kinda like to have stuff now....

If all my research is of any use...the Intel's appear to be a bit more reliable with fewer DOA's and sudden drive deaths but they also have lower write speeds.
A review/eval from April said the Sandforce 1200/1222 SSD's at least then used Intel flash chips
See this.
It's near the bottom of page one

Last edited:
hmm...get another...raid...hold off.... very tempting and will have other deals soon enough

Back