GSOD is back

I had terrible GSOD on my 5970wc I flashed with a new bios (for the card) and fixed the issue... to me it seems the GSOD is caused by the voltage ramping up too slowly when the clock bumps up...

I think they cut the voltages back too far also... anyhow... I went from an unstable card at 725 stocks to stable at 950... ram still won't go above 1100 though.

Never had a GSOD, or a BSOD for that matter, on my 6970s yet, had them for coming up to a month. Sticking with 10.12a to be safe, I see no reason to change drivers.

6950 here and no GSOD or anything of that sort yet

*fingers crossed*

You shouldn't see artifacts ever, and they're probably not driver related.
You said your temps are safe, so tone down your OC if you have one, if they persist then the card is definitely dying.

Dude there are a lot of games that artifact with Cayman. Just look at this thread. Those are all confirmed driver issues and that is not the first thread where I have seen someone RMA a card for confirmed driver issues. I didn't even mention Heaven, Super Meat boy, or Kings bounty which I have seen and seen others mention. I have also seen a few people mention the desktop artifacting on other forums, I've never seen that one personally though.

Stupid question, but how does it over-volt itself? How do you check that up?

Probably because he was using to programs that monitored voltage. The same thing happened to me if I had Rivatuner and Gpu-z running with my GTX280.

Last edited:
I had GSOD and artifacts every third /fourth day got sick of it and I RMA.
Had my new HIS card for a week now, everything is fine so far crossed fingers :D

How could it be driver related when you've tried 8 different driver sets and still get random lockups, restarts and desktop artifacts?

These sort of posts make me believe people want it to be driver issues just so they have an excuse to go back to nvidia.

^^^

Good choice, samuelmorris. 10.12a is better than the new one. I crashed 3 times with it today. Was hell to bring it back.

Back