GT4 Your First Ride

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
When you started out what first car did you pick?

Me and my friend chose the Lancer MR

Also if you have your GT3 Files you can import your licences and 100,000 dollars from your saved game.

I got the MR2 GT-S '97

And that 100k goes out pretty fast when your moddin' the car.

DRJ1014 said:
When you started out what first car did you pick?

Me and my friend chose the Lancer MR

Also if you have your GT3 Files you can import your licences and 100,000 dollars from your saved game.
ah.... so i cant import my 274 million??? that sucks lol

lol no

we are asking gt4 forums for some codes for money but it doesnt seem to be happening

DRJ1014 said:
lol no

we are asking gt4 forums for some codes for money but it doesnt seem to be happening

The games not out for a week and you already want to cheat?

lol, no we just want to get a money code and a track code so in arcade mode and 2 player we can mess around, i mean over 600 cars and over 800 tracks, come on it would take years to finish, we just want the codes to mess around with, we still will play the "race missions"

This game is the fucking shit. I definately think it was worth the weight. All of the handling problems from GT3 seem to be fixed which means I'm learning all over! The sheer size of this game is mind boggling, and the content just rocks!

ok, so I am a relic from the days of GT2. I hated GT3.

How does GT4 compare? Does it look nice? Does it feel fast again?

IveBeenBad said:
This game is the fucking shit. I definately think it was worth the weight. All of the handling problems from GT3 seem to be fixed which means I'm learning all over! The sheer size of this game is mind boggling, and the content just rocks!

What? All the cars I tryed unsersteer. Its harder. I'm learning all over again too, but it rocks! How did you guys import you other game files. Mine asked me to, but I have no cash.

I can import ALL my licenses? Really... that'll save me many hours of misery... :D
And 100,000... is that money worth just as much as it was in GT3? I mean... some supercars (esp. rally) went for a quarter of a mill... can you still get that in GT4 or has the money depreciated?
Still gotta get my copy though :/

TO import your money and stuff you need to go to somthing like Graand mode or something (its below arcade mode) and well ill get you all the details, school time :(

i got some honda civic tye r.. but this game is freakin awesome esp at 1080i!!! i cant believe how they pimped this game out! the loading times are in the right places now... to retry a race or a licence you dont have to go back to the menu at all and no loading!! this game is just soooooooo awesome. my ps2 will finally get a good work out again.

i picked the 90(or 91) honda prelude to start with.
This game is awesome, I picked up the logitech wheel with it. Have anyone actually used the 900* of rotation? It still feels like i'm playing with a standard wheel.
I haven't played a racing game in a while and it's been even longer since i played one with a wheel so this is taking some getting used to but so far so good i've been the sunday cup! :D

i couldnt figure out how to transfer my car cause it said my data was currupt. I ended up buying a USED Nissan Rx-7, its a really good car, 202 HP

jojasary said:
i couldnt figure out how to transfer my car cause it said my data was currupt. I ended up buying a USED Nissan Rx-7, its a really good car, 202 HP

A Nissan RX-7...

jojasary said:

Mazda?

finalgt said:
I hear it's not nearly as good as the Mazda Skyline.
LOL! i still dont gethow he could mix up a 'MAZDA' RX-7 with a NISSAN. hmm..hardly any nissnas look like the rx-7, well maybe a 240sx, i think. no wait it doesn look like a rx-7.

edit: whoops meant SX not zx :)

ati_azn said:
LOL! i still dont gethow he could mix up a 'MAZDA' RX-7 with a NISSAN. hmm..hardly any nissnas look like the rx-7, well maybe a 240zx, i think. no wait it doesn look like a rx-7.
240 sx would be closest

I'm regretting my decision to get my 97 MR2 with the 14k I transferred over. Shoulda gone 96 Skyline...

I won a nice Nissan 400R (skyline) off of the Japan 90's race. So it's replacing my RX-7.

I agree :)

Too bad it can only go up to ~650HP though :(

I'll have to find my monster somehwere else.

Vulcanus said:
I agree :)

Too bad it can only go up to ~650HP though :(

I'll have to find my monster somehwere else.
650 hp is alot man... but yea... still need a good beast.

Started out with the '92 Lancer Evolution III. Got it to 468 HP fully tuned up. Runs an 11.7 in the quarter mile (400 m).

Wow that's a lot faster than my Supra with 443HP; I got a 13.5. Let me guess, you drove manual? :)

...you were driving AT in the quarter mile?

...dude. Just...dude. lol

finalgt said:
...you were driving AT in the quarter mile?

...dude. Just...dude. lol
haha, same thing i was thinking... i dont see how u could even drive auto at all, much less drag...

If you transfer your money right you will get 110,000 dollars, when you do this buy the lancer mr and do upgrades as intercooler, tires, brakes, suspen, and maybe a turbo upgrade and your set til you get more money, after these upgrades you will have about 30k left

Harrath said:
Started out with the '92 Lancer Evolution III. Got it to 468 HP fully tuned up. Runs an 11.7 in the quarter mile (400 m).

Heh, the old battle ensues. Got my Impreza Spec C. with 415 hp to run a 10.9.
:D

Still need to buy the Stage 3 Turbo to take it over 500 hp.

Screw transferring money, I'm going to start from scratch, the way it was meant to be. :D I'll start when I'm done midterms.

I got it yesterday transferred about 4k since I had wiped my GT3 game recently after getting mad at my 1100 hp Zonda :| stupid thing...

Anyway, I've got a 1990 Twin Turbo Supra 1jz-gte(forget what it's called in game but that's the engine). It's nice... no power upgrades yet, just lightening and flywheel/clutch. It's easy to handle too since I have a supra. I'm working on the Licenses now and have over half of B in gold.

Although I've decided that I will never ever ever buy an M3, a mini or a PT cruiser after these license tests. The M3 is disgusting feeling in corners compared to even a g35 coupe, the mini is generally terrible, and the PT cruiser handles like a greased sack of potatoes.

Stinn said:
i picked the 90(or 91) honda prelude to start with.
This game is awesome, I picked up the logitech wheel with it. Have anyone actually used the 900* of rotation? It still feels like i'm playing with a standard wheel.
I haven't played a racing game in a while and it's been even longer since i played one with a wheel so this is taking some getting used to but so far so good i've been the sunday cup! :D

I'd like to know your thoughts on the logitech wheel... is it worth the major buckage? I know it's advertised as being a "force feedback" wheel, but what exactly does that entail?

Holy owned. The cheapest 350z(33,000 i think) was the car i saved up for, bought it and modded it a bit, spent like 45000 on it and I go to enter the FR races in beginner races and oh...whats that, it's not an FR car?? How is that possible, so I goto my garage and the car has no type...nothing. It apparently does not have an engine or a drive train. If i had spent an extra 3000 on the special edition it would be FR. So now I'm stuck doing crappy races trying to get money to buy a new car.

I love the steering wheel, it really does feel alot like driving a real car. I gotta run or i'd type more.

Stinn said:
Holy owned. The cheapest 350z(33,000 i think) was the car i saved up for, bought it and modded it a bit, spent like 45000 on it and I go to enter the FR races in beginner races and oh...whats that, it's not an FR car?? How is that possible, so I goto my garage and the car has no type...nothing. It apparently does not have an engine or a drive train. If i had spent an extra 3000 on the special edition it would be FR. So now I'm stuck doing crappy races trying to get money to buy a new car.

Damn that sucks. Guess Sony rushed things a bit and the QA wasn't quite up to snuff.

Back