GTX 470 Listed $450 @ ZZF | GTX480 $550 @ ZZF

96redformula

2[H]4U
Zipzoomfly through price finder has Asus GTX470 listed $450.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
OUCH if true....
GTX 470
43138549.jpg

GTX 480
49867919.jpg

Last edited:
I did that search and clicked on those links, and refrained from posting because the links took me to the ZZF homepage. Just sayin.

I did that search and clicked on those links, and refrained from posting because the links took me to the ZZF homepage. Just sayin.

ZZF will make the links/pages active public on release, the prices have been spot on the last 3-4 video card releases.

This makes GTX480 at $600 seem pretty likely.

edit: oops didn't see the title update.

I bet a ton of retailers price gouge on release. Leave us with permanent high prices for awhile.

Scumbags...there's gonna be plenty of cards too.

Only one source has said "massive" availability... the rest have said they're in short supply.

Short supply or not though, at $450, the 5870 is NOT going to get a price drop at all, especially since the 5870 seems to match or beat the 470 in most leaks so far

Looks like we're back in the days of $400+ video cards

ZZF will make the links/pages active public on release, the prices have been spot on the last 3-4 video card releases.

Yep, they listed the 5970 at $599 days before the release. These prices are highly likely.
The coolers on these cards alone increased the price.

Will be interesting to see how quickly sites show no availability and what these go for on ebay.

Only one source has said "massive" availability... the rest have said they're in short supply.

Short supply or not though, at $450, the 5870 is NOT going to get a price drop at all, especially since the 5870 seems to match or beat the 470 in most leaks so far

Looks like we're back in the days of $400+ video cards
My source told me different....they'll be plenty of cards.

terrible price points :/

but to be fair i doubt the people that want them will be paying under 800 after the scapers get the few released cards.

Let's cross our fingers for full availability at launch. If there is a short supply and they really stick at this price point all GPU buyers are screwed.

We already have to pay a premium (cards sold over MSRP) for ATI Cards because they lacked competition. Now, Nvidia brings out competition but at a MSRP price point 33-38% higher than ATI with only a 5-10% performance gain (5850 - $300/470 -$450; 5870 - $400/480 - $550). I think we are looking at higher priced video cards for quite a while whether you are an ATI or Nvidia fan.

Just another video card release.... High initial prices for those early adopters willing to pay.

I'll let my GTX-260 carry me a few more months till things improve.

Ill take two 470's at that price kthxbye

No kidding. Though I'm not sure if they will availability. If they do and the 470 looks good, I'll be buying through them and reimburse my employer.

If it don't look good, it's a 5850 or 5870 for me.

The PNY price of $340 for a GTX470 will be nice if true. Never had a problem with PNY and while they dont overclock as well as the others, their customer service for me was good.

The PNY price of $340 for a GTX470 will be nice if true. Never had a problem with PNY and while they dont overclock as well as the others, their customer service for me was good.
Those are the right prices and there will be plenty of cards...don't buy from ZZ, they are scumbags, I'll never buy from them again.

Last edited:
My Source told me it's coming to MAC.

I would love to know where you heard that, because I'm pretty sure it would be the first time in history Apple would have a high end card offering close to the time of release.

p.s. it's "Mac"

It's going to be up to AIBs to determine Mac availability, contingent on drivers, of course. EVGA released a GTX 285 for the Mac not too long after the initial PC release.

Eventually, though, I definitely think the GTX 4xx series will find its way on the Mac given the recent Valve/Steam announcement and the fact that id's Rage is going to be shipping sometime this year. AIBs might be willing to take advantage of that in some way.

It is what we would pay to buy from them. So it's our cost to purchase.

So given an average computer store margin of maybe 11%, the retail price of these cards would be $550 and $382. More expensive brands than PNY and stores with higher wholesale costs or larger margins of up to 15% on specialty highend items like videocards could bring these up to $400/$575

So given an average computer store margin of maybe 11%, the retail price of these cards would be $550 and $382. More expensive brands than PNY and stores with higher wholesale costs or larger margins of up to 15% on specialty highend items like videocards could bring these up to $400/$575

Sorry, I wasn't clear about that. My employer is not a reseller. We are the end users.

Just another video card release.... High initial prices for those early adopters willing to pay.

I'll let my GTX-260 carry me a few more months till things improve.

Those aren't particularly high. It's great positioning if the last leaked benchmarks are true (from nvidia's reviewers' guide).

Its between this and 2 260's at this point, waiting to see if they are available like everyone else......

They can only gouge you, if you allow it. I'd never pay those prices...regardless of who makes the card. I can wait till any potential issues are resolved.

When was the high end 5000 series released?
If the GTX400 series is being released so long after the 5000 series shouldn't they perform better? or is nvidia just slow?

Back