GTX 470 vs GTX 570

Matas

Limp Gawd
Considering between these two options. Is GTX 570 worth +90$ tag over GTX 470, having in mind that the first one is ~30% faster, uses slightly less power and runs not so loud ant hot?

The GTX570 is more or less at GTX480 performance levels. So I'd consider it worth the speed increase :)

Worth the price? ehhh.... marginally worth it. Though you should be able to find a decent used GTX470 deal on the [H] FS/FT section. (180-220usd)

They are both used, both with warranties and accessories. Just should push a trigger on one of these:)

well, I went with a GTX570, so you know my stance on tihs.... :p

Nah, I don't know much more about the performance of the GTX470, so I'll just can it, since I have never owned a GTX470 (GTX570 was my first nVidia forray in a while).

The 470 comes clocked at 607/840 while the 570 comes clocked at 730/950. 90% of the performance difference is due to that, so if you don't mind the heat and noise, and are willing to overclock, they give very similar gameplay experiences and the 470 will cost $90 less. Just keep in mind that the thermals are a significant aspect of the 470.

I don't think that 90% of perf.difference comes from higher clocks. GTX 570 also has more SPs and TMUs. I am going to OC this purchase and agree that overclocked GTX 470 will close the gap to ~10%. But GTX 570 max OC with stock voltage is higher than GTX 470 (stock voltage), of course I can crank GTX 470 voltage to get 800+ MHz but I don't want high rocketed temps/noise and power consumption.

Last edited:
I'm not as knowledgeable as most of you around here, but from the benchmarks I read when I was looking for a new card, the high-end Fermi 400 series cards showed significant temperatures, power consumption and noise over the 500 series. That is why I went for a 570. Other than the price, I see no reason to buy GTX 470 or 480 over their 500 series counterparts at this point in time.

Back