GTX 560 Ti Artifacting?

All of a sudden I boot up TF2 this afternoon and notice textures cutting in and out, and odd discoloration occurring in the game. I've since uninstalled all drivers and downloaded the newest from Nvidia 275.33, yet I'm still getting heavy artifacts, I've also tried enabling V-Sync to help with the tearing but it seems to make no difference. GPU temps to to maybe 62C max, but the artifacts occur immediately. I've downloaded the Heaven demo just to try something else and its also giving heavy artifacts.

Its been awhile since I've had to troubleshoot a Video Card issue but is my Video Memory baked? Should I just go ahead and start the RMA process?

wow, whats the make on the GTX560 Ti? I had an EVGA that did the same thing, though, it was a 7900GT KO , it had lifetime warranty but I didnt register within 30 days of purchase so I was really really bummed

funny, one of my two gigabyte 560ti OC's started artifacting recently also.
I submitted it for rma to gigabyte.

Same here i just registered on thier site and noticed i only get 1 year. :(. Im still covered but hoping its not hardware.

I'm having a similar issue on my MSI GTX460. I get weird Artifacting across the screen in the shape of a green or red squiggly lines. This started happening to me after my screen went blank, reset, then showed a message in windows stating that my Driver had crashed and was rebooted. I then tried reverting the driver to the previous WHQL version (270.64?). That did not seem to help.

That was all last night. In the morning I turned on my computer and it seemed to be fine. I'm afraid it's a hardware issue. Temperatures were low (~36 degrees) the whole time.

Its odd you mentioed red & green artifacts as whenever I get a lense flare red & green stars would dance around the screen.

I opened a ticket and they are having me check my 12v rails for fluctuation. However they are at a solid 12v so we'll see what they come back with.

Antec TruePower Trio 650w, its about 4 years old.

Update: I left the system off for the entire night and I've been running the Heaven demo in a loop with damn near everything maxed for the past hour and so far no artifacts. Temps hit about 87c, I've since downloaded EVGA Precision and set fan speeds to a static 60% and temps are hovering at 85c.

All of a sudden I boot up TF2 this afternoon and notice textures cutting in and out, and odd discoloration occurring in the game. I've since uninstalled all drivers and downloaded the newest from Nvidia 275.33, yet I'm still getting heavy artifacts, I've also tried enabling V-Sync to help with the tearing but it seems to make no difference. GPU temps to to maybe 62C max, but the artifacts occur immediately. I've downloaded the Heaven demo just to try something else and its also giving heavy artifacts.

Its been awhile since I've had to troubleshoot a Video Card issue but is my Video Memory baked? Should I just go ahead and start the RMA process?

This happened to my GTX 280 FTW. Just RMA it.

Update: I left the system off for the entire night and I've been running the Heaven demo in a loop with damn near everything maxed for the past hour and so far no artifacts. Temps hit about 87c, I've since downloaded EVGA Precision and set fan speeds to a static 60% and temps are hovering at 85c.

What I did was disassemble my GTX 280 and put some MX 3 on it. It did temporarily solved my artifact problem. But it came back the following day :/

If a system shutdown resolved your issue that's great.

Heard about this happening on the 560Ti (and some 570's) after a few months. So far so good with mine. OP: did you ever modify voltage from stock on your card?

Back