GTX 600 or ATI7k series coming?

I doubt they would come out before the end of the year considering we haven't heard anything yet. I'd love to have a new GPU for my crippling Diablo 3 addiction... I can already feel it coming on!

Since we'll be very lucky to see Diablo 3 in 2011, you should be just fine if you want/need a new GPU for it.

Historically Blizzard has been like Valve on the performance scale, easier to run so that a wide audience can play. Starcraft 2 has broken that trend somewhat, though it is designed to run at a lower FPS ... still, I suspect Diablo 3 will not be too difficult to run, a bit easier than SC2 I would guess. My point being, you probably won't need a new GPU to run it well.

Well i have 3 Powercolor 6970's the overclocked versions 940 Core and i got them for a bargain of $359 A piece, I will most likely sell these and Upgrade to 2 ( AMD ) or ( Nvidia ) cards when the new ones release only if they crush these cards, Which im sure they will :D

it doesnt look like BF3 will actually be that stressful, as far as the gpu is concerned.

http://twitter.com/#!/repi/status/43350154291589120

the older demo showed off at GDC was running on a single GTX580

with that said, i still want an 7870 or 7950 to replace my 5770.

But we don't now what settings were used, especially in terms of AA and AF. Also, that was all single player. There is a lot more going on in multiplayer, need to make sure that hardware can keep up with 64 vs 64 or 128 vs 128 with gunships firing through mass smoke grenades whilst explosions are going on around you... and all that jazz. Maybe you just want up to 120fps to mach your nice new 120hz monitor?

The GTX580 will be able to play the game no problem, there's no doubt. But when you want the best out of the game, even at 1920x1200, you may want to consider something with slightly more power maybe. Enter GTX670 / GTX680 | HD7850 / 7870

Would love to see a single card from ATI the "7970" match the same performance as the dual beast king 6990 :eek:, but run cooler and more efficient obviously.

Would love to see a single card from ATI the "7970" match the same performance as the dual beast king 6990 :eek:, but run cooler and more efficient obviously.

+1 to that - would really love to see big gains in single card performance. I've had enough SLI headaches to swear me off multiple cards for a while.

Sure did. Did you catch the part where "most everything" is a meaningless qualification without specific titles indicated?

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that "most everything" will be almost every game. The clue is the word MOST.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that "most everything" will be almost every game. The clue is the word MOST.

Again, a pretty meaningless statement. Almost every game since the beginning of time? Every game that I play, you play, your neighbor plays?

Again, a pretty meaningless statement. Almost every game since the beginning of time? Every game that I play, you play, your neighbor plays?

you have to think a little bit at least! We can't do it all for you.

Every PC game since the beginning of time. That is the reasonable conclusion from the word most, right? Who would think that it means what games your neighbor plays :p

As was already brought up, that means that a lot of the games are old and could be played well with very cheap videocards. But that also means it could handle over 99% of the games well but than again so could my GTX 460.

When I come across something that doesn't give me all the information I need I ask questions or if that isn't possible assume the obvious. Most would mean the majority of all. No reason to assume something silly, how does that help?

I have a GTX 580 and game at that resolution and can't make that statement. I really wonder what definition of maxed you guys use.

i have two unlocked 6950s and i still get dips into the 10s when i play metro 2033 maxed out (absolutely everything turned up on 19x10 without ADOF) and there are a lot of explosions.

Back