Optional Backplate $31.99
Needs fittings

HeatKiller GPU-X3 $124.99 (Hole edition) or $114.99
Optional Backplate $29.99
Needs fittings

Koolance NX680 - $127.99
Can't find any reference to a backplate
Needs fittings

With just these in mind I'm looking at the Heatkiller Hole edition and backplate.
It's very nice looking and I've heard good things about Heatkiller, while I've heard there's been some QA issues with EK lately.

I can't find anyone selling the XSPC blocks here yet, or I'd probably go with them.

I know many have used the EK blocks, has anyone used anything else?

I've used Heatkiller blocks with my 6900 series and 7900 series GPUs from AMD as well as my CPUs since the Q6600.

The blocks are well made and provide exceptional cooling.

They are very easy to apply and come with all the thermal pads pre-cut.

The new backplates are pretty spanky too.:D They are not manditory but really add to the nice clean look.

Last time when I bought my 7900 blocks, I ordered right from Watercool.de, it was actually cheaper despite the giant shipping charge from Germany.....and conversion to euros. It just took forever due to some airport strike or something.

I had a "hole-edition" block for my 6990, damn thing weighed a ton!!

I think I may go with the heatkiller, is the weight an issue to be concerned about? I will be going with the backplate.

Heatkiller or Aqua, and of those four the HK by far. Backplate weight won't be an issue, enjoy it.

Does the hole edition add any performance? And do you think I will be able to use 3/4 inch OD compression on it?

Thanks

I believe you can use any fittings with it since you have to buy them separate. I would use the same fittings that I'm using with my pump/res, cpu block and radiator.

Out of the 4, HK by far. Aquacomputer is also a top contender (they also make some of the best looking blocks IMO).

Stay away from EK; after that whole shit with the nickel plating corrosion and how they tried to blame it on all of their customers, I will never buy from them.

I went with the Heatkiller myself. Having the Z77 sabertooth mobo this will just look badass together. Just waiting for the block to show up.

Congrats, you won't be disappointed. Their build quality is top notch, unlike some others in the industry these days.

as if it needed to be said, add another +1 from me for heatkiller :)

Here are pix of the Heatkillers with back plates installed
installing blocks
dscf0074y.jpg

dscf0077c.jpg

dscf0079n.jpg

dscf0080x.jpg

dscf0083dq.jpg

adding mobo blocks
dscf0085mk.jpg

Now get the GPUs installed again, will use the SLI connectors from Heatkiller as well
dscf0086x.jpg

dscf0087le.jpg

dscf0089y.jpg

dscf0092z.jpg

Looks amazing. Any issues with weight pulling the gpus down? I'll probably be snatching up one of these this month :)

Heatkiller makes great stuff.

Generally, the bridge connectors will provide extra support so the GPUs will not "droop" under the weight of the copper, which is substantial.:D

What about just a single card? I've seen a lot of pencil mods lol.:)

What about just a single card? I've seen a lot of pencil mods lol.:)

A guy did a nice mod with a piece of threaded metal.......like a really long bolt with no head on it.....it's out there somewhere.....I'll look for it.:D

I just got my heatkiller installed on my 680 over the weekend and my god that is a beautiful block. Combined with a Z77 Sabertooth it just looks sick.

Finally got my lazy ass to install the Koolance water block and Evga backplate. Process was really easy, much easier than the last video cards I water cooled (8800GTXs with universal blocks ugh).

Back plate looks nice and went on easily. I'll post some temp info later but from initial tests it won't go past 50c full load. So far I tested by playing Skyrim for an hour and also ran IBT + Furmark lol...
CPU temps rose a bit but nothing major still under 70c.

photoxl.jpg

Back