GTX Titan (final specs and bench)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like it lasted for all of an hour and I see no thread in hot deals for it either. oh well maybe I can catch the next one.

I've seen it crop up from time to time... I'd recommend setting up a deal alert on SD that will email you when keywords are spotted for something like "amazon" + "680". Make sure you tell it to send immediately and not require a thumbs-up rating like the defaults do.

Titan is coming out in 6 days (Feb 18th) and will be within 10% of the GTX 690's performance... pretty much certain at this point.

I would be ecstatic if this thing really does come to within 10% of 690's performance. If priced the same as a 690, within 10% of 690, and single gpu = big time win here. Anxiously awaiting benchmarks...

so 90% of the performance of a GTX 690 at 10% cheaper...why on earth would anyone get a 690 after Titan is released...is Nvidia trying to kill the 690?

so 90% of the performance of a GTX 690 at 10% cheaper...why on earth would anyone get a 690 after Titan is released...is Nvidia trying to kill the 690?
some people are clueless and will buy the 690 just because it costs more. plus at this point I doubt they even sell many 690s.

Yeah, there would be no reason to if this turns out to be true. Maybe Nvidia is purposely trying to kill off the 690 because the profit margins on a 690 are low and the profit margins on Titan is much higher? Who knows.

what resolution you play your games at?
2560x1440 using two higly overclocked 5850's right now, some games have to disable some quality options, looking for a single gpu upgrade for a long time.. haven't bought any because I would have the same performance more or less

2560x1440 using two higly overclocked 5850's right now, some games have to disable some quality options, looking for a single gpu upgrade for a long time.. haven't bought any because I would have the same performance more or less
Titan will be fine for you but that cpu needs to be overclocked by quite a bit to get help get the most out of it.

Titan will be fine for you but that cpu needs to be overclocked by quite a bit to get help get the most out of it.
Was more concerned about pci-e 2.0, not sure if it will bottleneck much there, cpu can go up to 4.4ghz stable..

I doubt a 2.0 x16 slot would make more than a 2-3 % difference.

Actually, I don't think PCI-E 2.0 can be saturated by any single gpu atm - I don't think dual gpu 690 is able to do it either, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I could be wrong though.

Actually, I don't think PCI-E 2.0 can be saturated by any single gpu atm - I don't think dual gpu 690 is able to do it either, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I could be wrong though.
It makes a different at multimonitor resolutions with multiple GPUs.

http://i.imgur.com/4sYbB.jpg

It's Low/High/Average/Low/High/Average, for Ultra/High, left to right.

For single GPU not sure it will make a difference.

yes it is niche high end card but that does not change what I said. after a year, I want more performance for my dollar at the $500 and below price brackets which seems like it is not going to happen anytime soon.

Well you want so you shall get right? Geez. Sound a bit spoiled much? They don't have to put out newer faster cards EVERY single year.

Can't wait to see what this Gpu is going to be about when it finally hits the shelves. I'm worried because Kyle seemed like a deer in headlights just a day or 2 ago, Is Hardocp going to be left out of the launch?

Can't wait to see what this Gpu is going to be about when it finally hits the shelves. I'm worried because Kyle seemed like a deer in headlights just a day or 2 ago, Is Hardocp going to be left out of the launch?

It did seem pretty odd... hopefully just a late review shipment? *shrug*

If Nvidia leaves out Brent and Kyle from this release, I may have just purchased my last Nvidia GPU. HardOCP is by far the most fair and objective review site around.

Kyle wasn't just speaking for himself, reviewers still dont have cards, and retail channels dont have cards yet, with only the higher ups even having a eta. Their is no way this card will be on the shelves on Monday, I can guarantee that.

Last edited:
Abandon-Thread-jack-sparrow.gif

So, uh... where is a better, or even CLOSE to as good, single GPU for less?

(crickets)

I rest my case.

Lets open that case back up...

GeForce 4 Ti4600 was the fastest single GPU of its time.
9800Pro/XT Was the fastest single GPU of its time
x1900/1950xtx: Fastest single GPU of their time
8800GTX/Ultra: Fastest single GPU's of their time
HD5870: Fastest single GPU of its time

There's probably more i'm missing. What do these have in common? None of them were anywhere near $900

There's probably more i'm missing. What do these have in common? None of them were anywhere near $900
Serious question: What was the last single GPU card that offered a 90% gain in performance over the previous single GPU model from the same manufacturer?

Wrong. The 8800 Ultra release price was $830. The most overpriced video card ever.

PDXLAN is this weekend and Nvidia has a special presentation... I wonder what it could be?

PDXLAN is this weekend and Nvidia has a special presentation... I wonder what it could be?

I speculated a while ago that the special presentation was going to be the Tegra 4. I still think it is, but this has me starting to think other wise.

I would like to know what kind of game demands this kind of performance?.. maybe I'm out of the loop but I have no troubles with my 580's on a 2560x1600 resolution at max on almost every game. Why would anyone pay 900$ for /one/ card? At that point, I think hobby is a term used lightly.

CES provided TONS of evidence for why anyone would need such a powerful card. Nearly every major manufacturer is releasing multiple 4K screens and are scheduled to do so this year. 2560x1600 is an assturd resolution compared to 3840 × 2160. You may not need the power right now, but seeing as the displays industry as a whole is making the push towards adapting the 4K standard, it is not unlikely that there will be several display options utilizing it in the near future. THAT is why even modern games will demand and utilize that kind of performance soon.

I hope it's tegra 4. the enthusiast GPU market is smaller than the mobile market. nv stock hasn't been doing all that well.

CES provided TONS of evidence for why anyone would need such a powerful card. Nearly every major manufacturer is releasing multiple 4K screens and are scheduled to do so this year. 2560x1600 is an assturd resolution compared to 3840 × 2160. You may not need the power right now, but seeing as the displays industry as a whole is making the push towards adapting the 4K standard, it is not unlikely that there will be several display options utilizing it in the near future. THAT is why even modern games will demand and utilize that kind of performance soon.

I highly doubt 4K is going to come to desktops anytime soon. It's going to take a couple years at least just for the TV's to become affordable. By the time they come to desktops, a Titan will be worth a fraction of what it will cost, that's assuming the traditional "desktop" still exists.

I hope it's tegra 4. the enthusiast GPU market is smaller than the mobile market. nv stock hasn't been doing all that well.

It would make sense since Nvidia has put a lot of stock into the Tegra line up. They already have a specialized product being redied to debut with it and other OEM's are lining up to start using it as well.

I do have to say that I don't believe the 235watt peak ussage with Titan, but hey the GTX680 had a rather great power envelope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back