GTX260 2D clock problem

Endurancevm

[H]ard|Gawd
I have this weird issue with my GTX260. In 2D mode, idling, the clocks are jumping up and down from 2D to 3D. I have tried installing the new 192.68 drivers and the problem is still there. Anyone have any clue as to what may be causing this?

Mine does that when I'm min/maxing windows. Aero is GPU accelerated so it doesn't really worry me. At least you are down clocking. The last 7 driver set didn't even do that for these cards.

Is it doing it when everything is closed and you're not using the computer... or is it doing it when you're browsing the web and such. Everyone definition of idle is different. If you're browsing the web and stuff then I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Mine does that when I'm min/maxing windows. Aero is GPU accelerated so it doesn't really worry me. At least you are down clocking. The last 7 driver set didn't even do that for these cards.

Is it doing it when everything is closed and you're not using the computer... or is it doing it when you're browsing the web and such. Everyone definition of idle is different. If you're browsing the web and stuff then I wouldn't worry about it at all.

It does the same thing no matter if I am browsing, moving things around or if the mouse just stays still and nothing is open.

Thank you for the reply. I am not so much worried about it, as I am annoyed when I make my fan profiles in rivatuner.

Back