Gtx260 lowered at newegg

My only disappointment with this deal is that my card shipped from the CA warehouse. I live in VA and usually my orders ship from New Jersey. Those get here practically the next day. It looks like a order Friday receive Wednesday for me. Too bad I am taking Wednesday off and the card is shipping to work....maybe I will have to go in after all.

same exact thing here. Live in VA, Newegg has always shipped out of NJ or TN I think. This one of course comes from Cali, ordered 6am PST Friday...sits out there all weekend, gets to Philly, PA lastnight at 8:30pm...and is apparently sitting in Philly now. It wouldn't be so bad if UPS actually updated their tracking information every so often.

LOL mine got to Philly at about 4:15 yesterday afternoon. Still sitting there right now. I wonder if this stuff will come through Laurel MD like it usually does before coming down.

Lmfao! I also live in VA. Mine shipped from cali late on the 24th. I'm waiting for the ups man currently.

Their 3 day shipping is crap because I impulsed bought some extra ram after and that shipped from NJ also late on the 24th. It's expected today, 5 days later.

So excited for this card to come.

Sorry just wondering since I live in MD and pretty much everything from NJ gets to me in on day, you know you can tell if which warehouse it comes from before you complete your order.

I never check or ask about which warehouse it comes from, I usually don't get too bothered by it because, well, If you are ordering something online, and getting free shipping, you really can't expect THAT much out of it, now can you? If you wanted instant gratification, BestBuy is your friend :)

Its funny, I'd say my orders are 50/50 on what they get filtered through. Most orders from Philly go to Laurel, MD first, then to Chantilly for delivery. If they come from Tennessee, then they go to Richmond then to Chantilly.

*From MY experiences*, you can expect (but not guaranteed), that your 260GTX is actually on a UPS delivery truck right now, but you won't know until you get home and you have that little sticker on the door that tells you that you missed the delivery..and UPS' tracking will FINALLY update tonight, because their tracking system is so damn close to useless.

At least, that is the norm for me when getting a UPS 3 day or Ground shipment through Philly...that its actually out for delivery to me, before the website mentions it being in Virginia all together.

edit: I'm in reston...but this has been the case for all my northern virginia addresses.

I live in Richmond. I think there is a UPS hub here too which kinda confuses me on the relatively slow delivery on this one. I guess they get 3 days and they are going to use 3 days. lol

I live in Richmond. I think there is a UPS hub here too which kinda confuses me on the relatively slow delivery on this one. I guess they get 3 days and they are going to use 3 days. lol

I live in Richmond as well, and just ordered a case last week that went as follows:

BALDWIN PARK, CA, US
ONTARIO, CA, US
PORTLAND, OR, US
LOUISVILLE, KY, US
NEWARK, NJ, US
PHILADELPHIA, PA, US
LAUREL, MD, US
RICHMOND, VA, US

despite the round about way...it left on the 23rd (when i ordered it), arrived on the 28th, so it made it in three business days.

Well today would be the third business day since it shipped last friday...so with a weekend to work with, UPS is still gonna miss the day. They don't even show a "scheduled delivery" for it...which I always have had before online. Something is screwed up with UPS tracking, again...when I get home and there is a "missed delivery" ticket on my door, I won't know if I should be happy or sad...hehe

If it ships on Friday, 3 business days would be a Wednesday deliver. Hopefully, mine will arrive tomorrow as well.

I always count the shipping day if it is packaged and picked up by the courier prior to Noon in the time zone of departure. It only ever gets screwed up when UPS does something wrong and wants to cover their butts...so they call it a non shipping day.

Case in point, if you choose next business day shipping, and your package is given to ups prior to 5pm, they will get it the next day. after 5pm...well, luck of the draw if its the next day or the next "business day" after that.

I do a lot of shipping in my business, and most the time, UPS/Fedex are just fine and handle things faster than they say...but you know there's a problem when the online tracking starts skipping days, or nothing happens for days at a time...or they don't give you a scheduled delivery the day they pick it up.

looks like there is a few of us waiting on the 260 tomorow.i ordered mine saturday,and from the current tracking it should be here tomorow.personally i cant wait! i bet the egg sold a bunch of those on that deal they had.i got the 260 superclocked version.i guess there will be an influx of 260 benches here on H.:D

It came. Had to move a few hard drives around for it to fit in my case lol. This thing is simply glorious. At 225$ its a complete steal!

Evga precision software is amazing also.

It came. Had to move a few hard drives around for it to fit in my case lol. This thing is simply glorious. At 225$ its a complete steal!

Evga precision software is amazing also.

Yeah the card looks huge in the pics I have seen of it lol

You can't count the shipping day no matter what time it gets picked up (as long as its before their daily deadline, in my case 6pm). If it shipped on a Friday, next day (1 day) would be Monday. Two-day on Tuesday and so on. Just because a carrier gets it earlier doesn't mean it goes out any earlier to its destination. They follow a very specific schedule.

Well.......this thing is definitely fast.

6600GT Low
DMC46600gt-1.jpg

GTX260 Super High with 2x aa 1920x1080
DMC4GTX260-1.jpg

Odd that most of you are familiar with quicker shipping from newegg where as being in central california (sacramento), and with most of the stuff shipping from southern CA, it still takes the entire 3 days to get here (days after the shipped date). When they had fedex saver it would take 3-5 days depending on what type of traffic was going on with Fedex. The fedex flow when I lived in the bay area was it arrived at the san jose hub that evening and just sat there with the note "not scheduled for delivery". Day 4, not including the ship date, it would was a toss up depending on how busy the carrier was since technically they had 5 days to deliver.
I pretty much got in the habbit if I didn't order by sunday, and it didn't ship out on monday, I wasn't going to get it until the following week and that was within the same state with fedex. Now with UPS I can usually push it for shipping on Tuesday and I have yet to see it arrive later then Friday.
Interesting to see in different areas the carriers treat packages differently.

Amazing card. Got mine to 700/1506/1250. Just to stress the card to the max I ran Crysis @ 1920x1200 Very High.

Stock- 18.5 average fps
OC- 23 average fps

Of course I don't play at those vh settings but my god.......amazing overclock for 225$, its like a whole new model. I really do believe at least 95% of Gtx260 would be stable at 680-700 core.

Changed it from DX10 to DX9 and gained 10 fps.

Crysis-1.jpg

Had to down clock because I found very artifacts at 700.

Simply amazing. Change it from DX10 to DX9. Looks exactly the same with 10 more fps.

Crysis.jpg

Min fps- 17
Max fps- 54 :eek:
Average - 32 on very high......wow

I notice your EVGA Precision is showing 301 for the core clock - does it ever show the right core clock? I've noticed that since I overclocked the core past 700 that Precision shows 301 all the time now, instead of showing the true clockspeed like it used to.

I was just speaking from past experience, if it is picked up by UPS before noon, usually you can count the pickup day as 1 of the days. Past experience proves that one. I would technically agree that you should not count it, but 7 out of 10 times, my 3 day shipments are then 2 day shipments by your math...that's all I was saying. Not saying its the same for everyone, but for me, that is the usual case.

Mine was at my distribution center yesterday, but it apparently missed the "get it on the truck for delivery" time, so it sat at the distribution center until this morning. I of course didn't know this until this morning, because UPS tracking is just poopoo.

Oh well, I'll get it this evening...so excited.

Err.....no one even mentioned the 4870 in this thread. We got the deal at 225$, it's a no brainer compared to the 4870 so lets just leave the two comparisons alone.

I keep missing out on these newegg weekend price drops.

As soon as they do it again I am going to buy it on the spot.
(I hate playing the waiting game)

Damn, got mine tonight, and it artifacts at stock clocks when it hits ~75C in Crysis and The Witcher...both 177.79's and 177.41 drivers...ugh...

That must be a bad gpu because 600 core is next to nothing for these guys. You have till august 30 post marked for the rebate so no worries.

I got mine this afternoon and am borrowing a copy of Crysis from a coworker. We will see what kind of trouble I can get myself into here.

I just hope my E6420 wont limit me too much as far as gaming goes now.

Just so everyone knows, these new GTX 260s are great for protein folding. Stop by the Distributed computing sub forum if you would like to get started with the best team in the world.

Yeah, highly disapointed in the temperatures and artifacting. It idles at 50c to 52c, and loads up to 72 to 74c. During the more graphically intense situations, the core gets moving past 75, and BOOM, artifacting. I could just turn up the fan, BUT I am of the opinion that a card should work flawlessly in its stock situation before I go changing anything to help it out.

That's just my opinion. And lastly, why didn't someone remind me to take out the pciex card lever/pin/retention thingy before I put this card in? I can't get to that damn release tab...these cards are fracken HUGE...and that's saying a lot, I came from a 2900xt.

Oh, and anyone complaining about fan noise on the GTX has never heard a 2900xt. I did not hear the fan at all during windows use or gaming. The only time I heard it was when it spools up when you first turn on the computer.

Back