GTX280 audio

mk_ln

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I've just today thought about using the DVI-HDMI adapter and S/PDIF cable on my GTX280 and for some reason I cannot get the audio working. I have attached the audio cable from the S/PDIF out on my mobo to the audio port on the GTX280...is there something else I have missed? (I have tried both ports on the back of the vid card)

Does having both ports occupied have anything to do with it?

I've searched the forums and it seems that others have had this issue, but I have not come across a post with the solution. (I have tried both the SPDIF out on the mobo as well as the SPDIF on the SupremeFXII sound card...I'm still not sure what the SPDIF on the sound card is supposed to be used for)

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

might be a software issue. Are you sure that the on-board SPDIF is outputting data to GTX280? ;) :D

I'm not sure about your motherboard but when I had it hooked up to an X-Fi, the quality was absolutely crap if hooked directly to a TV and not through a receiver. Kind of interested to see if you notice the same thing. Hopefully you can get it working.

Did you unplug everything from the back of the mobo? Or maybe there's a BIOS settings to direct all audio traffic to internal jacks, I dunno honestly, it should be automatic. Finally, if possible, try another videocard ;)

nothing in the BIOS...

i have to unplug everything on the back of the mobo?...i dont think i've tried that, but I DID unplug the SPDIF on the back of the mobo, but to no avail.

I have the GTX 260. I wasn's ure what should be doing with that spdif cable either. I have the creative x-fi soundcard but it doesn't look like there is a identafiable 2-pin on that part for that purpose. There is a 2-pin header on the card but no idea what it is for.

When should you be trying to use the audio over HDMI anyway? I assume when you are trying to send video to your tv via the s-video cable.

i don't think you can use DVI to pass sound, i thought dvi is digital video interface so it only handle video signal.?

Maybe the card is procissing some audio through the video card but it needs a method to distribute. Since GTX 260 only has DVI output they created the audio out connection via a cable to hook into a spdif connection. But I'm not sure when I would use this.

Hi,

I've just today thought about using the DVI-HDMI adapter and S/PDIF cable on my GTX280 and for some reason I cannot get the audio working. I have attached the audio cable from the S/PDIF out on my mobo to the audio port on the GTX280...is there something else I have missed? (I have tried both ports on the back of the vid card)

Does having both ports occupied have anything to do with it?

I've searched the forums and it seems that others have had this issue, but I have not come across a post with the solution. (I have tried both the SPDIF out on the mobo as well as the SPDIF on the SupremeFXII sound card...I'm still not sure what the SPDIF on the sound card is supposed to be used for)

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I'm in the same boat...I tried for weeks to get my 260 to output sound thru the HDMI.....still no luck....
At this point I have given up.....:mad:

i don't think you can use DVI to pass sound, i thought dvi is digital video interface so it only handle video signal.?

Pretty sure BFG won't be including DVI-HDMI adapter and SPDIF cable with their videocards if their implementation of DVI included sound somehow. It prolly works with nvidia cards from other manufacturers, too.

I have gotten the audio to pass through but again it sounded like SHIT with a receiver.

Back