GTX280 -- Remove Logo Sticker Question

gersson

Limp Gawd
Hey, folks

Does anyone know if it would be easy to remove the sticker on a GTX280? My Mobo is green and the Asus GTX280 is purple. Green+Purple=YUCK

Also, if I remove the sticker: Should anything go wrong, what is the likelyhood of being refused RMA (provided everything else is in order)?

My bet, you'd be charged for them having to reinstall a sticker.

Since it's Asus, I think they would probably refuse your RMA if the sticker was missing.

But I've removed one or two of these kinds of stickers before, and it was a pain in the arse. Eventually, I had to remove the plastic shroud and soak the thing in GooGone until the sticker was completely saturated. Then I scraped it off with a plastic pastry blade.

But I've removed one or two of these kinds of stickers before, and it was a pain in the arse. Eventually, I had to remove the plastic shroud and soak the thing in GooGone until the sticker was completely saturated. Then I scraped it off with a plastic pastry blade.

eek that sounds like a job for super man!!

Anyone know the answer to this question if the cards were EVGA? It doesn't really matter as I removed the stock heatsinks for S1s, but god that sticker is ugly. I MUCH prefer the black plastic with 2 silver lines that is under it. (The sticker peeled bad so I could see, but I didn't remove it.

I've asked about it several times with my evga card... Keep that sticker on if you want warranty!

RussianHAXOR is a good evga person to talk to.

Anyone know the answer to this question if the cards were EVGA? It doesn't really matter as I removed the stock heatsinks for S1s, but god that sticker is ugly. I MUCH prefer the black plastic with 2 silver lines that is under it. (The sticker peeled bad so I could see, but I didn't remove it.

As long as there is not physical damage to the card or fan.

So why did you buy an ugly card if you are so worried about how it looks?

I don't. But if it was all the same, I would have rather it look nice for when I do open the case. Besides, most of the people I open the case to wouldn't know the first thing about what a G92 8800 GTS 512 is.

I don't. But if it was all the same, I would have rather it look nice for when I do open the case. Besides, most of the people I open the case to wouldn't know the first thing about what a G92 8800 GTS 512 is.

You could probably stop at G92 and that would remain true. :p

I think I have also heard of people using hair dryers to get the sticker off.

I figured it would be more appropriate to bump this thread than create my own -

Would there be any consequences from BFG if I removed the sticker but later had to RMA the card? I did it a little already, and I think I see a sexy (yet simple) nVidia logo underneath.

Back