GTX460 2Win $169 after MIR

cortexodus

[H]ard|Gawd
I seem to remember folks thinking this dual-GPU card being a pretty good deal at $219. However, at $169 after MIR I'd say it's even better. If you're good at getting back rebates anyway ;)

product link

That's a pretty good deal even at this point. I have 2x 460s and they still perform quite well in current games at max settings.

Dang, that's almost a cheap as a single 460, not a bad pickup for a 1080p setup.

This is pretty bad.... You can get a GTX 480 for under $200 ($180 last I checked) at newegg... no MIR.

Nevermind... They brought the price back up to $300... its a good deal now! haha

Thanks man.. This is all the power u need for a single monitor.. It will max anything.

Close to GTX580 performance, i dont see why to pay more. Love the deal

This is pretty bad.... You can get a GTX 480 for under $200 ($180 last I checked) at newegg... no MIR.

Nevermind... They brought the price back up to $300... its a good deal now! haha

Amazon still has the 480's for $220. I sort of agree with your assessment. But, I think this dual-gpu unit has some endearing characteristics regardless, particularly at a $170 price point ;)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is this still not a better card vs a 480 even if they were priced exactly the same?

Is this still not a better card vs a 480 even if they were priced exactly the same?

It can be the better card. When sli scales well and if it overclocks well it should be pretty fast. The 1GB of vram would concern me a bit at times. Still seems like a decent deal.

Dang, that's almost a cheap as a single 460, not a bad pickup for a 1080p setup.

I had to check this. There are a couple listed cheaper but I'm a sucker for 'Zon Prime. It's actually cheaper after rebate to get the 2Win than a single 460! :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Overall the GTX 480 wins but, two GTX 460's probably beat single GTX 480.

Based on previous reviews, the 2Win bests the GTX580 pretty consistently. Granted, there's going to be things that don't scale well with SLI. The power consumption with the 2Win is probably higher but the temperatures are probably similar to the 480. It's a pretty even match when you take in all the variables, I think.

Hey now, we gotta compare it to a 480 running solo! Of course its not as fast as a pair of 480s in SLI ;)

I am just really itching to pick one up to replace an old 460 1gb, beating a 580 by a slim margin is quite tempting at that price.

I don't know how these cards overclock but a pair of 460s with a solid overclock is a fair bit faster than a single 480 or 570.

I am not trying to start a flame war, or any sort of fanboy (had a 6970 now have a WC'd 480), but I remember eVGA having a TON of these in a Bstock sale over a year ago @ $220..While most of eVGA's Bstock cards are great deals, I was told to stay away from these by several people..

There were some power related issues that resulted in above average RMAs (could have been too few/weak VRMs etc)..Now, taking in to account that these cards are new, and not refurbs, if there were an issue, then there is a good chance eVGA may have fixed things..Again, this is just MY opinion, and wanted to pass it along..

I am not trying to start a flame war, or any sort of fanboy (had a 6970 now have a WC'd 480), but I remember eVGA having a TON of these in a Bstock sale over a year ago @ $220..While most of eVGA's Bstock cards are great deals, I was told to stay away from these by several people..

There were some power related issues that resulted in above average RMAs (could have been too few/weak VRMs etc)..Now, taking in to account that these cards are new, and not refurbs, if there were an issue, then there is a good chance eVGA may have fixed things..Again, this is just MY opinion, and wanted to pass it along..

Good info to keep twitchy trigger fingers from clicking buy :) I wonder if some of that RMA action came from over-enthusiastic overclocking :confused: That would definitely cause power issues with a dual-GPU single-PCB first-gen Fermi setup (wow, that was a lot of hyphens).

at 170 bucks it is tempting. too bad the 1gb of vram will limit the settings that this card is capable of running in some games. also even though the card performs about like the 580, it actually uses more power though if that matters.

Last edited:
Back