GTX680 and 460 FAH only uses one card or the other at a time

Hi all,
Haven't posted in awhile, started folding again about a month ago. I have a GTX68 and a GTX460 in my box, problem is, the FAH client only seems to use one card or the other, never both at the same time....

Any advice on how to fix this:confused:

Thanks,

SR

Which client version are you using? v7 should handle multiple cards without issue. Older versions require multiple instances of the client running.

Using 7.1.52. It's odd, the client says both are 'running' in the work queue section, but only 1 card at a time shows any progress, when that card finishes the other starts showing progress, and it's this back and forth type deal.....

and, if v7, make sure you have downloaded the lastest GPUS.txt whitelist to ensure the 680 is detected properly and folding. I actually highly recommend v7 actually, it's much better as far as the 680 is concerned. GPU2/3 requires special care and manual downloading of the latest Core15 executable.

Using 7.1.52. It's odd, the client says both are 'running' in the work queue section, but only 1 card at a time shows any progress, when that card finishes the other starts showing progress, and it's this back and forth type deal.....
That's odd, can you show me a screenshot please?

Ii'd do the gpus.txt, my 6 series wouldn't work at all until I updated it.

Gonna try the gpus.txt file.....

@Tobit, here's the screenie.... Just happened to be during a 'cleanup' so you can ignore that part....

try3.jpg

-SR

Last edited:
Ok, one of the problems I see immediately is the wrong WUs on the 680. Right now, the 680 can only fold 8018 projects and to ensure you get only these, make sure you have the latest whitelist (GPUs.txt) downloaded to the client work directory. You also need client-type beta set on the 680 slot. I don't have access to a v7 client at the moment to precisely tell you how to add the flag but it's under the slot config as an extra option.

Dumb question, is the gpus.txt file on the Stanford site? If not where can I get it? Thanks Tobit, i'll look for the 'beta' option also....

for the beta flag,

Go into the configuration for that slot, select that slot
Scroll down to 'Extra slot options (expert only)' and look for an Add button on the lower right and click it.
Under 'Name:' enter "client-type" and under 'Value:' enter "beta", click OK

Back