GTX680 - Single Card Surround

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
Sorry if this is a repost, but there's too many rumour threads to sift through.

http://fudzilla.com/home/item/26391-nvidia-gtx-680-brings-multi-display-support

I had a feeling this would happen. If Nvidia manages to produce a card that's significantly faster then the 7970 and bumps it out of the $500-$600 price bracket they will have a winner.

I've got a 6970 and I've been mulling over the idea of upgrading to a 7970 but I know that the card should be really a $300-$400 and while I don't mind paying MSRP I knew the minute I purchased nvidia would pump something out @ $500-$600 and bump it down.

This may be my first Nvidia purchase since 2007, just wanted to share this tid-bit. Smart move by Nvidia that's one of the biggest advantages AMD's high-end single cards had over their nvidia counterparts. SLI for surround was lame.

Lots of things end up on Fudzilla...I wouldn't count on spending your money just yet.

Lots of things end up on Fudzilla...I wouldn't count on spending your money just yet.

I think Fud's got a pretty decent track record, and honestly I can't see nvidia not adding this feature. I think the ability to run 3x monitors natively off of one card has been a huge selling point for AMD.

Kyle already said in a different thread that it could do Surround on a single card.

^Haha you should have waited, as the wait is now over. :D

3gb 7970 is still going to be better in a triple screen setup though. Still not sure what the hell nV was thinking with the 2gb.

Still not sure what the hell nV was thinking with the 2gb.

Well, they didn't intend for the GK104 to be competitive with AMD's top-end, so they planned their card as mid-range.

Expect to see 4gb cards shortly after release.

I think Fud's got a pretty decent track record, and honestly I can't see nvidia not adding this feature. I think the ability to run 3x monitors natively off of one card has been a huge selling point for AMD.

Fudzilla deletes posts that turn out to be wrong. So its kind of impossible to have a bad track record that way. I'm still waiting for Nvidia's gtx 475 from July 2k10. lol Although I'm pretty sure this one is right. No reason for Nvidia not to support at least 3 monitors on one card this time around.

the fact that they are adding a display port to the card is pretty much a dead give-away it will have triple display support on a single card. there was a reason AMD used it originally to begin with. question is whether or not they will continue to support triple DVI surround if you were to use say 2 gtx 680's.

Here hoping that Nvidia can help MST hub vendors pull their thumbs out of their collective asses unlike AMD.

^no it's kepler, it doesn't even have to be out and it kicks every gpu's ass.

KEPLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRR!!!!!

hmmm, kicking ass and taking names? dont you think a card has to be out to kick ass? and take names?

lol its shuttleluv, the same guy that made 10 threads about how awesome Rage was going to be, before it came out. then promptly a day after it released he made a Rage sucks thread.. what do you think?

lol its shuttleluv, the same guy that made 10 threads about how awesome Rage was going to be, before it came out. then promptly a day after it released he made a Rage sucks thread.. what do you think?

Ohh ok so I can't say a card looks pretty kick ass based on 10 million hands on just because Rage turned out to be a cluster fuck? Rage has nothing to do with hardware lol. Does it even use hardware? I actually coulda swore maybe I saw some stripple alpha in that game anyways...so who knows lol.

Well, they didn't intend for the GK104 to be competitive with AMD's top-end, so they planned their card as mid-range.

Expect to see 4gb cards shortly after release.

But if they price it like a high-end card, it kind of makes the point moot.

Back