dremic

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey Fellow [H] Goersss

gamefly has a promotion for 20% off guild wars 2

The coupon code is

1GFT82012

The coupon is entered at the review and submit page of the purchasing process

Anyone know if this still works?

looks to be sold out of the standard but the deluxe is on there and the coupon works for that as well.

i tried to see if the coupon was still good but you can only use the coupon once per account. sorry :(

if i buy it through gamefly do I have to download through gamefly if I ever need to redownload? or can you go through guildwars2 site for redownloading and all?

if i buy it through gamefly do I have to download through gamefly if I ever need to redownload? or can you go through guildwars2 site for redownloading and all?

You get the download from guildwars2.com after you get the activation code from gamefly.

How do you run out of stock on a digital downloaded game? Stupid

Same thing happened on Steam last year...

PS: Collector Edition only available for physical copies, and apparently they just restock more now. :)

Same thing happened on Steam last year...

PS: Collector Edition only available for physical copies, and apparently they just restock more now. :)

I got the Collector edition, I put a lot of time in Guild Wars and enjoyed it so I thought i would support the Devs.

My nephew just got his copy today from Gamefly using this code so it's still good. I got my Collector's Edition awhile ago using this code also.

Thank you OP!

They are sold out of the regular copies, but the coupon id work for the digital deluxe (63.99, I think it was). Which is 4 dollars more than Amazon's regular edition. However, I'm very disappointed in gamefly's service. I ordered at 5 o'clock. It's 7 o'clock now, and still do not have my key to even begin downloading. I did, however, receive an email saying they'll call me or email me to confirm my order. kinda bullshit. I've never had to jump through hoops for any other download service. So far I'm very disappointed in gamefly

does greenman still have a coupon code that works or does anyone other than gamefly?

How do you run out of stock on a digital downloaded game? Stupid

This is a good thing. A greedy company would sale as many copies as possible even though they don't have the server capacity to handle the load. The first few days of Diablo 3 come to mind.

"We'd Turn Off Sales to Preserve the Game Experience"

Turn off sales?
To clarify what I mean by that, we sell the game on our website and we also sell the game at retail. And we know how many boxes we’ve created, so we know how many copies can possibly sell through retail. If it gets to the point where sales are so high that it would be unwise of us to keep selling on our website because it wouldn’t leave enough slots for all the people who’ve already bought and all the people we know are going to buy, then we’d just turn off sales.
- ArenaNet President
http://techland.time.com/2012/08/29...o-preserve-the-game-experience/#ixzz24yFIkomF

Right now they "sold out" on their website.

Last edited:
This is a good thing. A greedy company would sale as many copies as possible even though they don't have the server capacity to handle the load.

Yes. I am very certain that it wasn't because the company selling the product ran out of keys; it was the Guild Wars 2 developers that, while not wanting to be "greedy", said stop selling them we don't have server capacity.

So full of LOL. I don't believe what the president said one bit. From what I hear there is massive queues... obviously too many people for some features of the game. In the end, they are in it to make a living... which means money (understandably).

Yes. I am very certain that it wasn't because the company selling the product ran out of keys; it was the Guild Wars 2 developers that, while not wanting to be "greedy", said stop selling them we don't have server capacity.

So full of LOL. I don't believe what the president said one bit. From what I hear there is massive queues... obviously too many people for some features of the game. In the end, they are in it to make a living... which means money (understandably).

Servers are near full capacity, and they did turn off sales on their website to compensate with the large number of players. It's a temporary solution while they add new servers. Three new NA servers were added on Friday.

They have overflow servers so you can play immediately even if your server is full. Grouping with friends in overflow was broken for the first 2 days or so, but it seems to work fine now. The only real queue as far as I'm concerned is for WvW. On my server, that queue could be a few hours. That's what I get for joining a server with several serious WvW guilds that have a good sized fanbase.

Oh, and the trading post is down for most people. That's probably the worst part.

And you would be wrong because they did exactly what he said.
guildwarssoldout.JPG

The keys are virtual they can make as many as they want. Yes resellers like Green man gaming ran out, but what's stopping them from getting more virtual keys to sell? They can't get more keys right now because ArenaNet the maker of the game has stop selling them because they don't want to over sell on their server capacity.

Last edited:
My wife couldn't even get on the game where her characters were last night.. there were only 3 servers open..

Sounds like they need more servers, honestly.

And you would be wrong because they did exactly what he said.

Well, if that is indeed why I would take my hat off to them. But less than one week later after launch, with a hefty amount of pre-orders and saturated servers with queues for pvp in head start I am skeptical. It would take my hat off to them to have perceived scarcity while the hype machine is chugging; right when twitch stream viewers of gw2 channels began to subside as well. scarcity is a great thing when you have a product. Either way, they are either men of their word or are as savvy as big oil.

Back