Gun With Real World Auto-Aim

Almost feels like the auto-focus on a camera or something.

Very cool technology!

Likely useless on moving targets though, so of what practical use is it?

Auto-aiming for target practice? What's the point in that?

Likely useless on moving targets though, so of what practical use is it?

Auto-aiming for target practice? What's the point in that?

Hey, if it can help my grandma make the shot during the zombie apocalypse... wait, we're in Canada. My grandpa watches Hockey so I think she'll be good.

Its very cool. But as stated above almost worthless unless it works on moving targets.

Once it works on moving targets, its a game changer.
I have a feeling that within 5 years the processing power will be there for a scope to track multiple moving targets and "tag" them in advance, and also for facial recognition software to select pre loaded targets or to disable targets based on a pre loaded "friendly fire" list.

Just because this is a gun designed for people with no clue how to shoot guns doesn't mean you should skip the gun safety courses beforehand.

Even if it doesn't work on moving targets its still a game changer. This adds another tool to the sniper's bag making him that much more effective. Plus, moving targets are hardest to hit when moving perpendicular to the shooter. If the target is moving towards the shooter, then you'd just tag below your intended hitpoint and let the target walk into the bullet. This allows the shooter to maintain a much more balanced shooting posture then having to track a target while squeezing one off. Also, once the target is tagged, the shooter can maintain firing pressure on the trigger until the tag and crosshairs meet, reducing additional movement made when pulling the trigger. Im sure there additional pros to this that im not hitting but ultimately, this is really sweet....now get it into a Marines hands and see how fast we can break it, thats the real test lol.

That's pretty bad ass. Basically it's a computerized scope that takes the mathematics out of adjusting for yardage, wind and bullet velocity. It's not a real "tracking" system per say, but a more efficient scope.

Even if it doesn't work on moving targets its still a game changer. This adds another tool to the sniper's bag making him that much more effective. Plus, moving targets are hardest to hit when moving perpendicular to the shooter. If the target is moving towards the shooter, then you'd just tag below your intended hitpoint and let the target walk into the bullet. This allows the shooter to maintain a much more balanced shooting posture then having to track a target while squeezing one off. Also, once the target is tagged, the shooter can maintain firing pressure on the trigger until the tag and crosshairs meet, reducing additional movement made when pulling the trigger. Im sure there additional pros to this that im not hitting but ultimately, this is really sweet....now get it into a Marines hands and see how fast we can break it, thats the real test lol.

Tracking targets is already pretty easy. I think this tech could be (or already is) quickly upgraded to handle moving targets.

Oh god, I can see it now. Bubba gets his Larry H. Parker settlement check. Bubba buys one of these, and a truckload of Saltlick. Suddenly, Whitetails are an endangered species.

hacks!@!@@@@E@

yeah nice. now they implement that with drones and robots and we have what? skynet? yessir!

How exactly does this thing compensate for windage, altitude differentials and drop due to gravity? How does it know the power of the weapon it's attached to, or the composition of the rounds which will be fired?
This seems to be fine if you get it calibrated on a per weapon basis, but large scale this won't work.

How exactly does this thing compensate for windage, altitude differentials and drop due to gravity? How does it know the power of the weapon it's attached to, or the composition of the rounds which will be fired?
This seems to be fine if you get it calibrated on a per weapon basis, but large scale this won't work.

Yes, I imagine you have to set it up pretty carefully.

In a set piece ambush situation you could probably place wind sensors part way downrange beforehand and have this thing wireless with them...just don't get sniffed.

Its very cool. But as stated above almost worthless unless it works on moving targets.
I can't see the video, but unless you are at extreme range, consider the speed of the projectile vs the target.

A .223 round from a regular AR15 is going to be traveling at about 2000mph. If your target is on foot running at 7mph, a center mass shot will hit him just fine even if he's perfectly perpendicular to you (which most of the time they are going to be going slightly towards or away from you, reducing the practical speed).

Seems pretty cool but I would be very nervous about using a gun that fires automatically. What if someone walked infront/behind the bad guy after you tagged him?

Once it works on moving targets, its a game changer.
I have a feeling that within 5 years the processing power will be there for a scope to track multiple moving targets and "tag" them in advance, and also for facial recognition software to select pre loaded targets or to disable targets based on a pre loaded "friendly fire" list.

The processing power is already here, have it networked into s small computer in a backpack.

It works nice on an open range with daylight and nice weather. Now throw it in the mud, sand, dust, and smoke of a real war, drop it, fall over and land on it, get shrapnel in it, and you'll have problems. Real snipers don't need this kind of tech to get their job done. They do it well enough already. What this attempts to do is take Joe Citizen and make him feel like a sniper because the gun does all the work for him. It *may* have some special purpose applications, but this is no substitute for practice and training.

It works nice on an open range with daylight and nice weather. Now throw it in the mud, sand, dust, and smoke of a real war, drop it, fall over and land on it, get shrapnel in it, and you'll have problems. Real snipers don't need this kind of tech to get their job done. They do it well enough already. What this attempts to do is take Joe Citizen and make him feel like a sniper because the gun does all the work for him. It *may* have some special purpose applications, but this is no substitute for practice and training.
There is HUGE room for improvement.

Sniper teams right now are just that, teams, with one person basically doing calculations which can be replaced by something like this.

In addition, if it becomes accurate enough, you would be able to snipe from pretty much any position, kneeling, standing, etc, and aquire and take a shot more quickly.

That squishy sound is Obamanation officially shitting themselves.

Cool,

Now, lets set this up with smart cars to help us track and avoid shitty drivers and pedistrians that dont know how to look both ways.

With the exception of calculating wind at the target, I can see how this thing compensates for elevation and drop. Target movement would be really hard to do and will still require the shooter to make a lot of the estimation, but painting the dot on the target and holding it there while it moves is pretty easy. A lot of this tech has been integrated into spotting scopes for a while and I don't think this will nullify the need for a spotter.

It uses a trajectory computer and sensors, it clearly has a rangefinder built in. It probably has a Gsensor (level) built in, also possibly an altimeter (air density.) The rangefinder probably has a laser in it that can detect fluctuations in the returned signal and calculate wind.

Don't you normally have to "calibrate" every single scope you mount to a gun anyways?

You would also have to "re-calibrate" every single scope if you switch rounds (180 grain vs 150 grain etc.) In fact, I'll bet you can have memory presets with this scope, so no manual dialing of knobs if you change rounds, just select preset #2.

Seems pretty cool but I would be very nervous about using a gun that fires automatically. What if someone walked infront/behind the bad guy after you tagged him?
From what it looks like on the video, you have to be holding down the trigger for it to fire a shot off when it lines up.

Back