Guns N' Roses Album On MySpace

HardOCP News

[H] News
Guns N' Roses has put their latest album on the band's MySpace page days before it will be available to the public. At least you’ll be able to hear it before you buy it…which is a good thing in this case.

Chinese Democracy, the US rock band's first album in 15 years, will not be available to buy until Monday. But fans can hear the album on the band's MySpace page. They are one of the highest-profile acts to use the site to launch a record.

"which is a good thing in this case"

I'm guessing you listened to all the songs and didn't like it?

Haven't listened to a good GnR song since November Rain. They've not been able to produce anything as good since - at least for me.

I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

this fucking sucks....yeah way to go, Sister Machine Gun meets Electric Six is what this sounds like (only not nearly as good as either)

I was under the impression that they were hunting people down who leaked the songs before sale, but now they are publishing it online before the sale? lol.

Axel Rose is the only one left in the origional line-up. Most all the other guys are in the band Velvet Revolver, so I don't consider this true GNR anymore anyway's.

Axel Rose is the only one left in the origional line-up. Most all the other guys are in the band Velvet Revolver, so I don't consider this true GNR anymore anyway's.

Nice forum name there. Does it have anything to do with Axel Rose? lol

As it's been said earlier, this is not the same band at all so it has to be treated as if it were a completely different band.

Buckethead is good, but is no Slash.
Axl can't reach the notes he used to and is just too old to scream in tune.

Most people (and myself) agree that the GnR STP combo band Velvet Revolver sound a lot better. But I must admit that there are some tracks that I did like on Chinese Democracy.

Also, many GnR fans already have heard most of this album... they did a live performance in Rio in 2001 where they performed this album. It was recorded and leaked on the webintertorrent. It seems like some of the tracks might be different, but there are many that I recognize.

listened to the first 2 tracks...had to turn it off. i will not be buying this.

gnr had their time to shine in the 80's and 90's.. its over.. give it up

LMAO. i consider myself a GNR fan and I like most of this disc (and think some of it sucks) even though it doesn't stand up to the "old" gnr in my opinion but the amount of misinformation in this thread is almost as hilarious as the exclamations by GNR fanboys on their forums about this being the best album of all time or some bullshit like that.

wow the album finally came out?...it was how long ago that they headlined the VMA's in order to debut this album? I'll pass, as the last GNR album I enjoyed were the "Use your illusions I & II"

if you listen to it without a vague remembrance of 1987, it actually is quite a good album.
most of the tracks are deep, innovative, and powerful.
sure, they've been through 7guitar players.. That just adds drama!

As it's been said earlier, this is not the same band at all so it has to be treated as if it were a completely different band.

Most people (and myself) agree that the GnR STP combo band Velvet Revolver sound a lot better. But I must admit that there are some tracks that I did like on Chinese Democracy.

Also, many GnR fans already have heard most of this album... they did a live performance in Rio in 2001 where they performed this album. It was recorded and leaked on the webintertorrent. It seems like some of the tracks might be different, but there are many that I recognize.

LOL you're out of news mate.
Buckethead isn't in GNR anymore.
STP singer isn't on Velvet Revolver anymore.

True there are songs from the bootleg era. But this is NOT GNR. This is a quarter of Hollywood Rose with periodic appearances of the other quarter and who knows what else.

It sounds like a good attempt though.

guitar hero rip of death magnetic. otherwise both = no. still amazes me you have to get the rip from a game just to hear how the damn cd was supposed to sound. :rolleyes:

Ok reedition:

Death Craptetic from Meatholeallica or Chinese piece of Shit by Guns And Who Else?

I heard they had some trouble in DM postproduction and want to do it again...So much for going with Rick Rubin...LMAO...

While listening, I did hear one song I liked:

"If the World"

Sounded like a good song. 1st time I've ever really listened to Guns & Roses. Lame, huh? I've just never really been exposed to them knowing consciously who they were. Seems like a half decent album, but I've never listened to any other their other stuff.

This just in... "GnR's new album sells 5 albums worldwide. It is believed piracy played a big role in the low number of sales."

Atleast that's what they want themselves to believe :p

Don't even put Slash in the same sentence as Buckethead.

"If the World"

Sounded like a good song. 1st time I've ever really listened to Guns & Roses. Lame, huh? I've just never really been exposed to them knowing consciously who they were. Seems like a half decent album, but I've never listened to any other their other stuff.

Try November Rain. Good song!

"If the World"

Lol even Right Next Door to Hell and My world shine beside that crap.

I like Chinese Democracy quite a bit. It's definitely not boring.

the sister machine gun comparison is pretty spot on... i would expect this from a gothic industrial band, and i like that stuff...but they aren't doing it as well as the masters of that genre....with buckethead i was expecting more of a shred thing and giving up some of the bluesy gnr sound....but man was i wrong...

its probably worse because i hated gnr before too...

Don't even put Slash in the same sentence as Buckethead.

Neither Slash or Buckethead are in GnR. GnR's lead guitar is Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal.

Bumblefoot is extremely talented. I would absolutely put Bumblefoot at the same level as Slash. Is Bumblefoot as popular? not yet.

* reference

my opinion is, the new music sounds great.

If you don't like Death Magnetic, you don't like Metallica as far as I'm concerned.

Actually I didn't. I was always more of a GNR fan when Metallica was on, later on I took the time to listen and like them till the black album. From there on I stopped. Its just that the same thing happens to all musicians. Its tough to say but how can you make good music once you stop having such deep feelings, in Metallica's case being negative? The only great guy that I know at that is Steve Vai, he actually does the exact opposite with positive stuff.
Comparatively, right now. I'll stick with Metallica, at least they continued on, and they are trying. And GNR has been dead for a long time now, all because of an egomaniac on one side and too soft people on the other. Musically, none of the original members are as great as they were together, so the sum of the parts was greater than its components.

Back