[H]ard Colony for Our Colony

arentol

2[H]4U
I have created a colony called "[H]ard Colony" for the Xbox 2 promotional game Our Colony (www.ourcolony.net).

Once you have PLAYed the game enough to get to the point of chosing a colony please use the password 29496480 to join [H]ard Colony!

Cool man I saw this website the other day I didnt want to start a new colony so it think I will just join the [H]ard one. So far there are only two pictures, we atleast know the xbox 2 controller is going to be white.

It appears that the website is currently down at the moment, It must be the rush after the artical was posted on several websites yestarday. (the website is back up now)

EDIT: Im going to rip the websites creators head off if they dont fix the problem with their website. I cant click through a single link without getting the colony is growing message (which means the server is to busy)

we need 5 people come on.

K I finally got in. I hope we get our first test soon. Im about ready to make multiple accounts just so that we can play, I got a friend coming aboard though so hopefully that is 5 people

This suppoesdly is an XBox2 ARG (Alternate Reality Game), which are fun, but only if you have a creative mind and alot of patience. I'll join up when bandwidth is back.

If you want more info on ARGs look up ilovebees.com (official Halo 2) and MetaCortex (unofficial Matrix). The puzzles and clue can get very very complex.

This really bugs me that I cant even get onto the website now. Yestarday I could surf the site no problem, today I cant even get to the homepage.

They took the site down for awhile and just added a simple message. Probably because of traffic. That or a huge update.(Doubt it)

I really hope the Xbox 2 is white like in the teaser pics from the site. That would look sweet IMO.

The website acts like it's working but suddenly I can't get into the colony.. I will have to check it out tomorrow again and see what's up.

I keep getting the growing colony error when I try to create a tag. Figures. I'll try again later.

Either im retarded or am missing something because my school blocks some of the links on the first page but i dont have the proper "password" to get in the website. It says look again and try later. I dont know what im supposed to be looking for though. If any of you know please do tell.

I';m at the registration page ....but I get the "colony growing" message once I hit register....

:(

Here's the current challenge....

LAST " " 0761537082

I am pretty sure it refers to this book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0761537082/102-5130367-4380966?v=glance

But I am not sure what the actual answer is...

Now if someone had the book, or found it at B&N or somewhere, and could find the last quote in the book, that might be the answer.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: NM, I figured it out.. but apparently we have to wait a day for the next challenge to come up...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Molingrad said:
Either im retarded or am missing something because my school blocks some of the links on the first page but i dont have the proper "password" to get in the website. It says look again and try later. I dont know what im supposed to be looking for though. If any of you know please do tell.

All part of Playing the game... Look at my first post for a hint.

arentol said:
Here's the current challenge....

LAST " " 0761537082

I am pretty sure it refers to this book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0761537082/102-5130367-4380966?v=glance

But I am not sure what the actual answer is...

Now if someone had the book, or found it at B&N or somewhere, and could find the last quote in the book, that might be the answer.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: NM, I figured it out.. but apparently we have to wait a day for the next challenge to come up...

How the heck did you figure that out? I see that is the item number or whatever though...

What does it mean though? What are the ""..... the last quotes in the book?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Chomp said:
How the heck did you figure that out? I see that is the item number or whatever though...

What does it mean though? What are the ""..... the last quotes in the book?

There's a picture of the back cover of the book on the amazon page which has a bunch of quotes on it, I don't know what format the answer took though, so I don't know if that was it.

The Saint said:
OK...what's the answer to "you know the drill. Enter the code"...page?

:D

There is only one thing you need to know outside of our team code to PLAY this game... I am sure you can figure it out.

well ....I'm at the registration page, where you have to enter the Tag and all of your informations, but everything I enter it keeps telling me to hit back and type the correct number.....

?? I'm lost.

so how do other teams have so many points? do they really have that many members? or... are they scoring other ways?

wow this is just way over my head. The questions dont make sense to me. And anything on the forums is deleted... QUICK. These admins should have better things to do other than regulating what we say every few seconds threads are deleted i hardly have time to get responded to... o well... this is no fun at all.

Pvt. Potter said:
wow this is just way over my head. The questions dont make sense to me. And anything on the forums is deleted... QUICK. These admins should have better things to do other than regulating what we say every few seconds threads are deleted i hardly have time to get responded to... o well... this is no fun at all.

lol, there is a private forum that doesn't get deleted as much, It's a game that rewards people for thinking differently...

Maximus825 said:
How did you come up with that?
Cornwall's national anthem, Song of the Western Men, or Trelawny, was written about Jonathen Trelawny, part of a failed rebelion against King James II.
Trelawny was Bishop of Exeter, later Bishop of Winchester, died 1721.

Anyway, four times in the song is the line "twenty-thousand CornishMen Will Know The Reason Why."
Hence 20000 CMWKTRW

Pvt. Potter said:
so how do other teams have so many points? do they really have that many members? or... are they scoring other ways?
I think it's a contest of who can get the most people to sign up, who has the best hackers, and who can change their IP the most to register multiple times. Answering the riddles seems to be a side challenge.

kick@ss said:
I think it's a contest of who can get the most people to sign up, who has the best hackers, and who can change their IP the most to register multiple times. Answering the riddles seems to be a side challenge.
This seems way too 1-dimensional for a ARG, usualy these things are amazingly unnecissairly difficult and in-depth. Perhaps theres something we're not seeing?

New challenge.
"Your memory is lost, your aura is high, your life within an inch, you have one weapon left to finish off the enemy what is it? If you read closely you should know the answer"

Back