[H]ard|DC'er of the Month July 2008 POLL

Who are deserving of the [H]ard|DC'er of the Month for JULY 2008?

• Sunin

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • LeSLIe

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • nVidia (Company)

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • FLECOM

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Axdrenalin

• alan2308

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • lelliott731

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Kyle Bennett

• tedkj

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • tigerbiten

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon855

[H]ard DCOTM January 2008
Well, what do you know? There are ten to choose from, all of the nominations are listed in the order they appeared in the nomination thread.

Get your votes in... This poll will automatically close in ten days.

This will be good!

Good luck to everyone! All are deserving.

(How is Nvidia up there when they have a team that is fighting against us? :confused:)

the nvidia thing is just honorary / symbolic b/c they have such a kickass CUDA language + videocard combination that allow some massive computational power.

WOW! What a group of contestants. Should be good...

Luck to all!!

0.png

the nvidia thing is just honorary / symbolic b/c they have such a kickass CUDA language + videocard combination that allow some massive computational power.

Correct, it's like the Unknown folder we voted last fall to honor those who are folding either anonymously or make a small contribution.

In our poll, Kyle Bennett and nvidia are for honoring their implication in the progress of F@H (nvidia, due to CUDA and the sheer computing power. Kyle due to his support for the team, allowing us to use their resources like front page and forums to get together).

If nvidia win, I can request a interview with Scott LeGrand, CUDA programmer at nvidia ;)

Anyway, hard choice for me with such a quality list. I'll have to go with lelliott731 myself for acting as a very worthy challenger, able to outpace me when I expected it the least and for always pressuring me to fold halder as my "twin" :D

Really hard choice this month... They all deserve it! :eek:

Leslie deserves it?

You horn balls just voted her in b/c she's a chick (no offense Leslie) and actively involved, if she was a dude, she'd have went unnoticed!

But hey this month can be about affirmative action, as we need a female winner!

What was the result of Leslie"s work? I haven't seen that thread in a while...

As much as I would like to see LeSLIe's pic, I'm going to have to go with tedkj and his giveaways

What was the result of Leslie"s work? I haven't seen that thread in a while...

As much as I would like to see LeSLIe's pic, I'm going to have to go with tedkj and his giveaways

well after my constant annoying to Kyle, he promised me that he would look into it, that was a week ago :(

It would´ve been good that a big site like [H]ard|OCP would´ve sponsored this Peruvian site into folding :( Still i´m gonna do this either way, just gonna have to be in a personal level, (i will not use the [H] name ) Gotta do it before my business trip on Monday :eek:

If nVIDIA wins? would there be free GTX280s for everyone ?? :confused:

That would be very nice. 8000-9000ppd just from 1 videocard.

I'm going to hold my breath until Nvidia gives me one.

So he nominated her to see her picture?

There are already pics around, you hornballs: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1282675&page=6

No disrespect to you Leslie. You've got respectable #'s but not HardDC'er of the Month #'s: http://www.hardfolding.com/index.php?go=38&tm=33&id=619303

Quit your bickering. To be nominated does not mean you need to meet any requirements but only that you have not won in the last year. PPD does not mean anything to be nominated, sure it may be a factor but it means nothing.

Maybe it’s just me but I think I detect some less then confident heterosexual males out there in our midst.

I hate to see a bunch of guys with low self esteem be so afraid of one little lady, so very sad.:rolleyes:;)

Quit your bickering. To be nominated does not mean you need to meet any requirements but only that you have not won in the last year. PPD does not mean anything to be nominated, sure it may be a factor but it means nothing.

+1 times a hundred.

This is supposed to be fun guys..... and every single nominee deserves to be on that list. Last time I checked, there is a whole lot more to being DC'er of the month than "numbers".....

Bah.... what the hell do I know:rolleyes:

So very very true!

The spirit of the [H]ard|DCer of the month is to outline someone who made a great contribution to the team. Only the PPD numbers mean very little but the dedication in any way mean a lot (doing giveaways like tedkj, do a great recruitment effort like LeSLIe - the picture is just a fun thing, which gave us something to increase production like NVIDIA, provided lots of support and resources like Kyle and so on. If you ask any current [H]ard|DCer around why they won, most will tell you this.

I would understand if LeSLIe is nominated just to get pics but that's not the reason. She was nominated just because he made a thread relating her attempt to recruit a peruvian gaming site into the [H]orde, which mean a lot to most of us. Being nominated for a bogus reason is a sure way to not get the name in the list and that's why I added the rule to tell why you want to nominate someone (in the past, a nomination list got a nobody that we barely see in the DC forum. Since there are no rule, we are forced to add him in the poll hoping he doesn't get any vote but he almost won because it seems he asked his friends to all vote for him and it make this rigged).

I hope this clarify the goal of this award so fold on [H]ard and vote !

Leslie deserves it?

You horn balls just voted her in b/c she's a chick (no offense Leslie) and actively involved, if she was a dude, she'd have went unnoticed!

But hey this month can be about affirmative action, as we need a female winner!
Even if she was a dude, I think he'll get noticed due to "his" recruiting efforts which did not go by largely unnoticed by us. We have gained how many more GPU folders due to "his" and some other folders' efforts?

So he nominated her to see her picture?

There are already pics around, you hornballs: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1282675&page=6

No disrespect to you Leslie. You've got respectable #'s but not HardDC'er of the Month #'s: http://www.hardfolding.com/index.php?go=38&tm=33&id=619303
Grow up... No need to be so negative, if you don't like it. Don't vote for her.

The spirit of the [H]ard|DCer of the month is to outline someone who made a great contribution to the team. Only the PPD numbers mean very little but the dedication in any way mean a lot (doing giveaways like tedkj, do a great recruitment effort like LeSLIe - the picture is just a fun thing, which gave us something to increase production like NVIDIA, provided lots of support and resources like Kyle and so on. If you ask any current [H]ard|DCer around why they won, most will tell you this.

I would understand if LeSLIe is nominated just to get pics but that's not the reason. She was nominated just because he made a thread relating her attempt to recruit a peruvian gaming site into the [H]orde, which mean a lot to most of us. Being nominated for a bogus reason is a sure way to not get the name in the list and that's why I added the rule to tell why you want to nominate someone (in the past, a nomination list got a nobody that we barely see in the DC forum. Since there are no rule, we are forced to add him in the poll hoping he doesn't get any vote but he almost won because it seems he asked his friends to all vote for him and it make this rigged).

I hope this clarify the goal of this award so fold on [H]ard and vote !

Yes, that's correct and here's the rule as it is in the nomination thread.
The rules are quite simple, and should be easy for everyone to follow. There are only three of them.
1) To nominate someone, you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated. The other rules remain as they are we are just implementing this small change so that we ALL can see why you think the person should be nominated.
2) Past winners cannot be nominated until one full year after they last won.
3) You cannot nominate yourself.
Jon855 and Xilikon are going to be in charge of this from here on out so if you have any questions/comments pertaining to this please feel free to PM one of us at any time.

So far I've seen nothing that breaks the rules. If you don't like the rules or if you do have a suggestion please do feel free to contact either Xilikon or me via PM and we'll sort it out in a cleaner fashion. Next time, in any nomination thread, if you feel that there is one that should not be nominated, please bring it up with Xilikon and me as we are in charge of the nomination process, if some actions are warranted we shall bring attention to it in that nomination thread as to get a general consensus on the matter. Now, let us put this aside and have a great poll conversation beside bashing those/these who were nominated.

Voting is the Most Important Thing you can Think about getting ready to do ....

I guess I should start Campaining for [H]ardDC'er of the year .....

I guess I should start Campaining for [H]ardDC'er of the year .....

I reckon, there is a prize for the [H]ardDC'er of the year, let me guess, Beer and Tamales?

:D
lol,

btw what happen to the vid cards that [H]ard|OCP reviews? hmm...:D

Thanks for the nomination and votes, guys! Means more than words can describe! :)

Wow, this month's nomination is the most difficult one yet, and for good reason. Too many excellent choices. Actually, all are very good candidates for their own individual contributions. :cool:

Best of luck to all. :)

Thanks for the nomination and votes, guys! Means more than words can describe! :)

If you win it will set some sort of record, I think Evil holds it for about 4 months from first WU to [H] DC-er of the month.

If you win it will set some sort of record, I think Evil holds it for about 4 months from first WU to [H] DC-er of the month.

Going against the other sex I'll have no chance whatsoever, you horndogs! :p

*points to* www.daily-b*bes.info --->

On a sidenote, I'm finally back up with my boxen after the thunderstom took em out. Churning in 16k PpD as we speak. :D

Since it hasn't been said yet, the guy in italics never wins. Although he's doing better than I am. :D

Since it hasn't been said yet, the guy in italics never wins. Although he's doing better than I am. :D

Yeah... the poor guy in italics keeps getting nominated, but hasn't won yet......ah well, there's always next month....

Until then, here's a cold one and a tamale.......:)

Doesn't the name in italics indicate the one chosen by the forum member, or is it just a coincidence I'm noticing?

Doesn't the name in italics indicate the one chosen by the forum member, or is it just a coincidence I'm noticing?

Bingo, the name is italics is different for each. It outline what you voted ;)

Yes, this is true.

It is a smart ass joke that gets mentioned every month. The meaning is that the one that YOU voted for never seems to win. Meaning you and your candidate are LOSERS. All in good fun, of course! :D

Yes, this is true.

It is a smart ass joke that gets mentioned every month. The meaning is that the one that YOU voted for never seems to win. Meaning you and your candidate are LOSERS. All in good fun, of course! :D

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back