[H]ard Folders: AZ Chapter

Mayhem33

[H]ard|Gawd
Make a post in this thread if you would like to get together and meet some of the [H]orde!
We can meet at a central location for a BBQ and laughs! Take a few pics and post them for others to see. Wouldnt you like to see some of the people you fold with?

Not in AZ, but I am not the pics type of guy. I look like the result of an encounter between K* and AtomicMoose. :eek:

Good luck though

Um... Those are both guys, last I checked. There wouldn't be many offspring there, one would assume... :eek: :eek: :confused:

magnusvir said:
Not in AZ, but I am not the pics type of guy. I look like the result of an encounter between K* and AtomicMoose. :eek:

Good luck though
Ouch, sorry d00d

Bump
Boy seems like those that are registered on hardfolding dont show up much around here, at least from AZ.

So there is just

ICE_9
Mayhem33

Not a lot of support here, come on guys!

Localan, OldPueblo, RedShred, and CBR have been around recently too IIRC... Show up, guys! Prove me right!

BBQ?! That'd mean I'd have to go outside....in the sun. Its over a hundred degrees out there! :eek:

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend. Next time, perhaps. :(

unhappy_mage said:
Localan, OldPueblo, RedShred, and CBR have been around recently too IIRC... Show up, guys! Prove me right!
I'm always "around". You can't get rid of me that easily.

Name a time/date/location and we can see what's up. I vote for non-outside as well since I am an old man and can't handle the heat like I used to.

Hey guys I just setup my account for folding today. Name is SUSD#30, which means Sahuarita Unified School District (20 mins south of Tucson). I think that would be awesome if we could meet some time. Would kinda suck if it was in Phoenix becuase that is a 2.5 hour drive for me. Right now I have 4 comps folding but when the setup is done it will be 50 comps.

When all is setup here is what the tally will be...
50 Comps
130.58GHz
9,472MB RAM
960GB

yeah i thought so, I manage 2 computer classrooms that have 25 HP workstations each. They are for High school students and they aren't doing anything for 14 hours of the day. When they are in use they are just used to surf or work in word, excel etc. So this is how I am going to put them to a good use :)

130+ GHz! In that case I don't know if I want to meet you! You might make me feel small.

Heh, IIRC the aforementioned RedShred lives in Sierra Vista. That might be more geographically pleasing to you.

We are probably going to get at least 75 new computers during the summer so if my boss approves I will put F@H on those too :) Yeah sierra vista is closer, I dought I will make you feel small. I'm 18 and 6'2".

Edit: I'll post pics of the two rooms soon.

I believe ClimaTech does most of it.

EDIT: here are the pictures I promised.

Room 1
Pictures014.jpg

Room 2
Pictures016.jpg

Room 3 (only a few in here will be folding)
Pictures018.jpg

So lets see we got a couple more bites!
As for location when everyone is has said yes to lets do it, then we can find a central location!

Looks like we now have:
ICE_9
Mayhem33
ComputerGeek737
Localan
CBR....if indoors....?

How about you Sparky, what do you think?
RedShred, how about it...we will do this indoors somewhere.
OldPueblo.....?

I live. Whats the scoop, I might be able to make whatever. I'm in Chandler now. Fair warning though, I got really boring since I married and had kids. :p I do however have some spare parts I can deal out.

OldPueblo said:
I live. Whats the scoop, I might be able to make whatever. I'm in Chandler now. Fair warning though, I got really boring since I married and had kids. :p I do however have some spare parts I can deal out.

Hey im married with a kid as well, and no spring chicken myself!

Casa Grande...Dairy Queen? We're [H]ard|Folders, we need a place with an edge. What we need is a good old fashioned place with a modern beat to it that could sooth even the most fevered brow. A place with sex appeal and excitement. A place so on the verge of todays society, it stands to become a mecca of entertainment and culture. Ladies and Gentlemen, there is only one place in the all of Arizona that could harness the action and adventure a [H]orde member deserves...

Marana.
:p

Note: Its 4:30 in the morning, and I've yet to go to bed. Don't take a word of what I've said seriously.

Ok lets update the list here.

Looks like we now have:
ICE_9...........................Maricopa
Mayhem33....................Queen Creek
ComputerGeek737.........Green Valley. It's 20mins south of Tucson.
Localan.........................???
CBR.............................Tucson
OldPueblo.....................Chandler

Correct me if Im off.
Maranna at this point looks like a decent point, but if I remember right....not much there.
Any other suggestions?

Hey Mayhem, that last list is of where people live right? If it is mark me down as Green Valley. It's 20mins south of Tucson. If you are going to have marana as a meeting point you might as well go around 10 more miles and be in tucson IMO. I'm for meeting at a place in Tucson/Marana.

Marana, Casa Grande, Tuscon, Phoenix, Vegas are my suggestions. I don't know anything about Marana. Casa Grande is pretty big and has some dining areas and parks. Phoenix and Tuscon should have everything we could ever need. I can go anywhere. I am flexable.

Ok lets update the list here.

Looks like we now have:
ICE_9...........................Maricopa
Mayhem33....................Queen Creek
ComputerGeek737.........Green Valley. It's 20mins south of Tucson.
Localan.........................Chandler
CBR.............................Tucson
OldPueblo.....................Chandler

It looks like we will have a lot more choices of dinning establishments in Casa Grande.
This is what I found. resturants

Are there other thoughts/suggestions on were to have this?
Make a post if you agree to this area and which resturant you would like to go to.
If you would like an alternative location please advise. ;)

Casa Grande is good. I have eaten at the Cracker Barrel down there. Its right off I-10. easy to spot. Probably has signs pointing to the exit.

Cracker Barrell sounds good. If someone doesn't want the cracker barrell food there is a Burger King, and one or two more fast food places right in front of it.

Edit: looked at the list of resteraunts there are a lot on E Florence Blvd.
Edit again: looked at google maps E. Florence Blvd is the main road you get on from the highway off ramp. I think any choice on that road will make it easy for people to find.

...ditto on living in Chandler
...ditto on old
...ditto on kids (#1 on the way)
...ditto on probably boring

....other than that, I would try to make it. ;) Have a few parts that I have never gotten around to pulling out of the closet to send off too.

Let me know what you come up with. will check back

Waiting for CBR and OldPueblo to give thier thoughts on the way things are progressing! :D

Otherwise I am excited by the opportunity to meet some local [H] folding brethren!

When people ask what the temps in Pheonix is like tell them about the same as your CPU @ 100%! :eek:

I'm easy. Pick a time and place, Casa Grande sounds fine. However the wife reserves the right to trump it. We have her three brothers and sisters staying with us right now while her mom's away in Europe for the month. :(

Casa Grande is good. Like I said, I'm not sure if I can make it, but I'll try my best.

Back