[H]ard Sff Club

Scotty_SFF said:
Darn you ive been thinking of this for a while just never had the money, i think you will need a nano-itx board though
just got around to checking in on this thread since I've been busy for the past several months. I love this idea and, since I have a couple of dead GCN's, I might give it a go...

anyone care to discuss which mobo would be best?

Only reason I havent moved on with my ass-kicking cube is because of fund shortage. Yeah this thread has really slowed to a halt :(

I've got a X Q-Pack with a Tforce 6100, Athlon 3700 (754).....some other stuff. I'd like to join.

Just built this system a few weeks ago:

Shuttle SN27P2
AMD Athlon X2 3800+
1gb Mushkin DDR667
BFG 7600GT OC
LG 16x DVD Burner
Seagate 160gb Sata Hdd

I couldn't be happier. :D

I am new to the forums and would just like to say hello.

System specs:
][ The "Grim 1" ][
AMD Opteron 144 CABNE [email protected] :: Stock Cooling
Biostar T-Force 6100-939 mATX
Kingston ValuRAM 2x512 DDR400 :: At DDR200 CL2.5 (Crappy RAM!)
Sapphire x800GTO² 400/960@525/1200 :: Unlocked 16 pipes
Seagate 300GB SATA 3Gb/s HDD
HP LightScirbe DVD R/RW

][ LiQuId CoOleD ][ (Currently Not Installed)
Danger Den RBX CPU Block
Dual 120mm Black Ice II Rad
Hydor 300GPH Pump
1/2" I.D. Tygon Tubing

I am currently developing a new mod project. Going to mod a Lian-Li PC-V300....I'm addicted to aluminum! dual 120mm rad and water cooling woot.

I am also new to this forum... I just bought and put together an Shuttle SB61G2 that i got off of ebay for cheap.. im curently posting on this system..(just for use on the net) has
Pentium 4 w/ HT
G2 Chasis
ATI Radeon 9200
1 GB Corsair
80 Gig Sata

I also just bougt another chassis for myself witch I am curenlty waiting for processor and RAM..
it will be an

shuttle model SD31P
Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ w/ HT, socket 775 (ceader mill core)
/w Saphire x1600 PRO HDMI
2 GB Corsair @ 667mhz
no hd yet

some updates soon

AA man

finally finished my little BloodMoon case, and took 1st at the largest LAN on the West Coast (PDXLAN 8).

Qmicra
P5LD2-VM
P4 950D OC'd to 4.33 on DD TDX
4X512Mg Corsair DDR2 XMS 675 (LED stuff)
XFX 7950GX2 (600/1500 on DD GX2 block)
Xfi Music Soundcard
DD DDC12V pump
Black Ice Pro2 Radiator
2X250Gig WD Caviar SATA300
Plextor 716 SATA DVD +/- RW
Matrix Orbital MX6 PLED display
TopShelfLabs LED controller
4X80mm Sunbeam red LED anodized fans (2 intake, 2 exhaust)
Custom handles, custom faceplate, backlit mirror letters, custom Domes and LED lighting

Really enjoying the SFF change from my Full ATX rigs before. Just with the 7950GX2 was working right: Asus has RMA mobo on the way to me.

hahaha...I've owned an SFF for a while now and post on and off but I completely forgot to do this :rolleyes: Time to change the sig...

I got SD31P running with two 74 GIG raptors
also joined the club... yaaa

AA man

I just got a x1800xt Crossfire running on my shuttle for temp use...
was running prey and fear just about turned all the way up @ 1280... woowsssiisss
i coundt ask for more...
im about to try Company of heros out...
ill get back to you guys how i like got a good feeling about it.. :)

also just joined the club.. yay...

AAman

Hey guys, I like the idea of a SFF club. Even though I do not own one, I would like to invite you guys to compete in my "Big things come in small packages" contest here in the forum.

It's easy, just give us your 3DMark'06 score, divide that by your total volume(in m^3) and that is your Bang Ratio. I will try to keep a scoresheet updated.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1108371

Got the H2O q-pack from xioxide, case looks nice
still need to get the MOB
Got the SD31p Up and running... Not sure if im going to keep it since i have the q-pack...
Built an Alienware(full tower... holy shit this case is huge)
I think i wanna post pcs next to the sd31p and another shuttle to show why SFF rule...

Aman

I recently got my first SFF system.

Shuttle SN21G5.
I like it for the most part, just wish they would have designed the PCI-E better, accounting for larger heatsinks. They should switched places with the PCI slot.

My specs:
X2 3800+
2GB PC3200 Ram
80GB seagate 7200.9 slim
and hopefully a 7900GT soon.

I simply won't buy a full tower or anything larger than uATX. My next pc will have to be ITX!
Small, quiet, cool.

Just built tonight... loving it so far.. but have a few questions about bios/memory (will post elswhere - - here )

Shuttle SN27P2
Athlon 64 X2 4200+(65W) Windsor 2.2GHz
Seagate (PRT) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0
SAMSUNG 18X DVDRW
EVGA GeForce 7950GT KO Superclocked (600MHz) 512MB
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB Kit DDR2-800 XMS2-6400

Specs in Sig

PICT0197.jpg

blahh.. i dont have a server to post pics.... Any suggestions where i can do it for free?
im new... lol......... here is description though...

Used for Web, email, and stores majority of my music...Recently got Pro media Ultra... which are easily the best speakers ive ever herd... Also got the Digital decoder for Output from my TV Via Optical to the decoder... works great for movies and da PS3...... OHH yea... shuttles rock the house... supa small...

:confused:

Im fairly new but i like to be down. Do i qualify? :D

[Edit]: Im building my "Micro Monster" as we speak. Pics will be up shortly

I still love SFF even though I've now defected back to a ridiculously large tower. Im still running:

a Shuttle SK43G "Dusk & Dawn" with an Athlon XP3000+/ATI X800XL as my HTPC
a Shuttle ST20G5 with an AMD X2 4200+/7800GTX for the wife

I just gave as a hand-me-down my previous "main rig" and also my very first SFF:

a Shuttle SN25P with an AMD FX-60 and an X1900XTX
a Shuttle SN41G2 wiith an Athlon XP2800+ and a 5700Ultra

I prob wont return to SFF for my main rig for a while due to the currently insane size of vid cards, the crazy power requirements and need for WC to OC todays hot running CPUs, but SFF will always be my favorite :D

Thread bump from the dead. Add me to this club :)

I have a weird codegen SFF case "BookPC" style. Ill have to post pics.

Also have an E-PC ;)

I still love SFF even though I've now defected back to a ridiculously large tower. Im still running:

a Shuttle SK43G "Dusk & Dawn" with an Athlon XP3000+/ATI X800XL as my HTPC
a Shuttle ST20G5 with an AMD X2 4200+/7800GTX for the wife

I just gave as a hand-me-down my previous "main rig" and also my very first SFF:

a Shuttle SN25P with an AMD FX-60 and an X1900XTX
a Shuttle SN41G2 wiith an Athlon XP2800+ and a 5700Ultra

I prob wont return to SFF for my main rig for a while due to the currently insane size of vid cards, the crazy power requirements and need for WC to OC todays hot running CPUs, but SFF will always be my favorite :D

I have a x1800XT in my SD31P and it couldn't run games any better... I cant see how the 1900 doesn't have all the power you'd like... Though it is a tight fit it does fit.... my x18000 is a little loud.. but that fan speed can be controlled through Catalyst.... Now im running a 7900GT i wanted to test the Nvidia compared to the ATI, in my own personal use instead of relying on benchmark scores... I do think that the ATI X1800XT ran a little smoother than the 7900GT that i have currently installed... I put some blame on the amount of VRAM on the board... 512 in the 1800 and only 256 in the 7900....... i do get my PCI-Express x1 slot back... since i really need it.... :p .... but besides that i was very happpy wih the x1800XT... a lot of money to drop on a Vid card... but so is the GX2.. or dropping money on a SLI setup..... which would dis include most SFF... Im now currently posting from an ALienware m5750... with an Mobile Radeon x1800... and i do no like the performance of the chipset... I does handle most games.. but not at the resolution and Framerate that i like....... It could barely handle Company of Heros.. at low res... and low Graphic settings... which in my opinion is a demanding game... but should be able to handle it even at low res....

Very nice
emthup.gif
. You should post it up in the SFFClub.com forum gallery.

Those who want to become a member's need to be active in the SFFClub forum.

BTW, this Thread is dead. If you want to becaome a member please contact Steve or another head offical. If you have any questions email me at [email protected]

-Neo

Built this in extra time I have had lately.... nothing great, but a nice little internet machine :)

l_5863a78c6d17175cb9d12075fa4e8ceb.jpg

I'll post more pictures later that are better quality.

-Nigel

Back