[H]ardClan?

houseofbugs

Weaksauce
Who is interested in starting a gaming clan or group for online HardGamers?

Anyone?

What games do you play?

Myself?
CSS
TF2
COD4
UT3

im game, mostly tf2 and css

lets see how many people are interested, i know there is a [H] corp for eve, i dont know about the rest.

if there is a TF2 clan I want in... I even have my [H] spray ready to go

I am interested. I play TF2, CSS, WIC, Defcon, F.E.A.R. Combat, UT3, and UT2k4.

I'm game too! TF2, COD4, C&C Generals, R6V2,SupCom:FA, S.W.A.T 4, W.I.C, E.T:Quake Wars......ect. :D

This thread has been started at least once per month for the 4 years i've been on these forums. None of them have succeeded. I think it's time to stop trying.

This thread has been started at least once per month for the 4 years i've been on these forums. None of them have succeeded. I think it's time to stop trying.

QFT, but hey we have an official steam group, so there is hope.

I'll probably go buy the orange box sometime so I'm in for TF2 and BF2 and COD4 when I go buy that too.

In order for this to have any relevance what so ever and actually succeed you need a few things (which funny enough has never been done properly or at all)

- Website
- Vent / TS (or several)
- Xfire List (not mandatory)
- Lists of games (probably CoD4, AoC, TF2, and future titles like Diablo 3, Starcraft II, etc.)
- Either sub-forum in hardforum.com for the community or a whole new forum added into the new community website.

You have to think about who will be running servers, who will be managers, who will be on the web team, etc. etc.

Do we get full sponsorship from Kyle? Are we independant?

There are a shit ton of things that have to be worked out with something like this. It's not like PVT Joe Smoe is starting a CoD4 team over Xbox Live. You are saying you want to start a gaming community for a HUGE online community whom let's just say for arguments sake 50% plays the games we will be playing.

Do you have any idea how many servers it would take if the community got half of us who played CoD 4?

By all means I would love to see it happen and would even invest some money into the project but that is exactly what it would be, a serious no bs project for at least 3 months to even get started.

Now if you want to just start some random "Hi guys, lets kill ppl irl in CoD4" then that's easy but will most likely go the way of every other [H] team.

**edit: With experience in this type of thing I can seriously tell you it will not happen unless we get some serious resources. (i.e. money) This again meaning you wanted something permanent and not a 2 month affair.

Just server hope with everyone..dont need to go pro with a website and all lol... your talking in the thousands just for this then, plus maintaining it.

I play:
CoD4
TF2
CS:S
UT3
plus some RTS games too... cant forget them. Currently Im part of 'Raging Bastards', but nobody said I was limited to just that!

[H]ardClan would rock

Just server hope with everyone..dont need to go pro with a website and all lol... your talking in the thousands just for this then, plus maintaining it.

Who said anything about going pro? The only way your going to get something to "stick" is pretty much what I summed up earlier.

Who said anything about going pro? The only way your going to get something to "stick" is pretty much what I summed up earlier.

Who said anything it wont "stick" lol. Know lots of great clans out there that do wa I said and still around and competing strong. You dont need a whole lot of gadgets and rules to become a great clan, just people who want to be there and play. Its just an idea thats all.

I'd put up the money for a ventrilo server. That's what I did back in the WoW days anyways. The hard thing is with these fps games, there isn't a place to queue up like there is in WoW where everyone is logged on all the time.

Anyways, I play the following:

TF2
WC3 - Mostly DotA
Civ4 - BTS

TF2
BF2
BF2142
COD4
ET:QW
UT3 (uninstalled tho)
CSS (uninstalled too lol )

Those wa i play

Who said anything it wont "stick" lol. Know lots of great clans out there that do wa I said and still around and competing strong. You dont need a whole lot of gadgets and rules to become a great clan, just people who want to be there and play. Its just an idea thats all.

Ok that's cool, but after being here since 03-04? I have seen this time and time again. By all means prove me wrong, but I still stand by my statements that if there was to ever be a [H] Gaming Community it would be a very large project.

I have put alot of time into researching the cost of launching community gaming sites and it's a hell of alot more then dealing with any professional gaming team other than possibly 3D, NiP, or (GASP!) Complexity.

With that being said I would join a CoD4 [H] team without question. I'd even help pay for a server (PAM specifically).

I'd definately join if there was one, but Jins right it would be pretty hard, but at first we could just play on pubs with just the same tag. Start out small maybe.

I'd definately join if there was one, but Jins right it would be pretty hard, but at first we could just play on pubs with just the same tag. Start out small maybe.

I'm already using the tag. [H]RabidRabbit

Team Fortress 2 seems to be ruling this thread.

That should probably tell you what game to start with.

TF2, CSS, BF2.

But I won't play professionally, I don't have the free time. Smaller leagues, sure thing.

I'm just a noob in the [H] Forums, but I'd definitely be down for some CoD4!

i play COD4 mainly... I already proudly sport the [H] logo tho :p

TF2, CSS, BF2.

But I won't play professionally, I don't have the free time. Smaller leagues, sure thing.

Same here, I joined 22nd SAS on BF2 but my computer crapped out, I had to wait a few weeks before I could get the cash to build my current system but they kicked me out for not playing (on the day I bought all the new bits no less).

Back