[H] Box / Child's Play Donation Giveaway

I was going to donate to Childs play anyway, so why not go in for an uberbox while I'm at it, right? :).

Heres to hoping!

Eärendil said:
Are there slots like your previous Hypothermia giveaways? Or will it be 1 chance in 253,976? ;)

Wow, $2,537,760 would be an awesome donation for a worthwhile cause! I'm in for one - 253,975 more to go? ;)

sativa said:
I really appreciate the work that [H] does for charity, but I have a few questions.

Can you post any links regarding the tax obligations of the winner and the tax benefits of the participants? Since this is open to all 50 states (i'm guessing), I guess the tax issues will be federal & not state?

What are the terms/conditions of the contest? It's my understanding that they should be posted along with the contest announcement, but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest checking with your accountant about any tax implications.

What terms and conditions concern you specificially?

sixpac said:
Its for a good benefit...

... but I am up in Canada.. is this raffle open to us up in the Great White North?

As noted on the front page, yes. Anywhere in the world that UPS delivers.....

whats the paypal address b/c I don't want a raffle ticket, I was just going to empty the spare change (less than $10) in my paypal account as a donation.

chrisf6969 said:
whats the paypal address b/c I don't want a raffle ticket, I was just going to empty the spare change (less than $10) in my paypal account as a donation.

That is cool too. [email protected]

chrisf6969 said:
Bah, I never win. I always consider it a donation. (I think I have donated about $100 or more) between [H] & Hypothermia.

I may not have much money since I started my own buisness, but there are always people who are worse off than me. :(

Back on topic: That system looks really heavy any idea on how much it weighs? Must be fun to move around.

I just bought my second ticket. So you may all consider your tickets as donations. Cuz I'm gonna get that machine and fold, fold, fold!!! If they ever come up with a GPU folding client, I'll have 4 clients running on that thing.

Gonna kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Donate for the kids to have something to do, and use the machine to help Stanford work on a cure.

PRIME1 said:
That system looks really heavy any idea on how much it weighs? Must be fun to move around.

Move it? I got some wheels around here somewhere I can put on the bottom of it. :eek: Or I have a dolley out in the garage I can lend you. ;)

upriverpaddler said:
I just bought my second ticket. So you may all consider your tickets as donations. Cuz I'm gonna get that machine and fold, fold, fold!!! If they ever come up with a GPU folding client, I'll have 4 clients running on that thing.

Gonna kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Donate for the kids to have something to do, and use the machine to help Stanford work on a cure.

Hehe, now that is a good attitude. :D

I double dipped. ;-)

I purchased some Legos for the kids via the actual childs play website AND I bought a raffle ticket.

I feel better! :D

I'm hoping I win so I can pick it up locally. All that shipping would go back to the kids. Well, that and I can see Kyle shed a tear as he parts with his box. Oh, and I should mention that who ever wins should "donate" their old boxes time to folding for the [H]orde.

Put in $10. I never win anything, but it's for the kiddies. :) If I can scrounge some more I'll donate it. (Paypal account down to $30 right now hehe).

JSClark said:
next question: how much does that sucker weigh? :eek:

Oh, and if I win the machine, I have a clean install of WinXP, and various other games ready to install on it. Oh yeah, and a hi-voltage security system for the door to my room in case my roommate tries to yank it on me :D

I don't know, I have never had the need to pick it up, much less put it on a scale.

Torgo said:
I'm hoping I win so I can pick it up locally. All that shipping would go back to the kids. Well, that and I can see Kyle shed a tear as he parts with his box. Oh, and I should mention that who ever wins should "donate" their old boxes time to folding for the [H]orde.
Awww... don't make my current box feel bad. It's still quite decent :p

That is an awesome system!

Kyle , any other way to donate to this besides paypal?
I can send a cashiers check or such, I still have your info at work.
thx
Ken K

You got my $10. Hope i win. If i do this will be the frist thing I've ever won.
If i don't :( it dosn't matter becases i gave money to a good cause.

Any chance of finding how many tickets have gone so far?

toolman said:
That is an awesome system!

Kyle , any other way to donate to this besides paypal?
I can send a cashiers check or such, I still have your info at work.
thx
Ken K

You can go straight to the Child's Play website!! Honestly, I don't care whether or not "we get credit" for you helping out, we just want to make sure you help out. :)

andrew911tt said:
You got my $10. Hope i win. If i do this will be the frist thing I've ever won.
If i don't :( it dosn't matter becases i gave money to a good cause.

Any chance of finding how many tickets have gone so far?

As of typing this, we have 999 entries with about $8700 in donations cleared. I hope to make $20K the mark.

This is so sweet. I hope these kids get something great with all this money! Like a watercooled rig or something awesome! If I was in the hospital thats what I would want...lol its the thought that counts though and not the prize!

Merry chrishaunkwanza everyone!

sent what I had left in Paypal for the cause...even though I didn't open up my eyes and see the PayPal link on the Child'sPlay site. It'll get there anyways...

Thanks Kyle...even without the chance of winning the rig, its an awesome gesture.

So Kyle "downgrades" and kids get something to help a good cause?

I'll be in on this come Friday when I get paid. Part time jobs during the holidays for the win :)

I have a special request also if I'm the winner.

I'll donate $100 extra to the cause if you'll sign the case with a Sharpie Marker for me :)

How's that sound to you?

And for the gent that posted the Toys for Tots link for the Xbox 360, I'll be in on that also just for giggles and chits. with $200,000 already in that coffer. Thats 40,000 entries, odds of winning that slim to none, and slim just left the building, but again. Its the holiday season, and god bless everyone for their generosity. I heard the Salvation Army say donations were down some 20-30%, so give your loose change to those guys banging the kettle at your local places too. If you can spare it, you'll make someone's day brighter.

I'm in for one. I remember volunteering at a local hospital. <3 Kids. :) And it would be nice to win that rig after my house got broken into and they stole my rig and xps gen 2 :(

Somehow I think kyle is gonna "upgrade" if you can tell on the front news page how hes talking about how his new system is gonna use an aquagate mini, doen't make giving up a beast of a machine he could make money back from it from selling on F/S Fourm instead of donating it any less worthy thou, its still an amazing thing to do and I would have a hard time to simply give away my system if I wanted to build a new one.

Chilly

rock on indeedy. you got my US$10. probably wont win it, but ayy what the heck.

Donated $20, no chance in *bleep* I'm going to win though! Silly [H|ard|People, stealing all my dreams. I'd much rather have my dreams stolen and given to kids though--it's a win-win situation. It makes me feel fuzzy inside and gives them a glimpse of a brighter future.

:)

-Chisaipete

+1 donation, and many more once I find a new job and have cashflow. Congrats on the sacrifice, Kyle, and if your box ends up in my home, expect much folding and many fun hours of gaming.

Just entered my second ticket...any way to loop the page back to Hard?..after making a donation?

First donation in for me :)
I love seeing my kids smile and I hope this helps make other children happy. My hat is off to you Kyle for this excellent endeavor.

Shadowchild said:
+1 donation, and many more once I find a new job and have cashflow. Congrats on the sacrifice, Kyle, and if your box ends up in my home, expect much folding and many fun hours of gaming.

Same here.. :D ..... Except I'll be folding for OCAU. ;)

I'm in. First on the 5th and another just now. Good cause - although I might skip the custom graphics as I have high end large format printer that I can print my own case wrap with. Maybe even the [H] like is printing on it here

http://www.bigass-stickers.com/ibmh.jpg

:D - If I do win have Falcon donate the cost of the graphics to Childs play.

MixManSC said:
I'm in. First on the 5th and another just now. Good cause - although I might skip the custom graphics as I have high end large format printer that I can print my own case wrap with. Maybe even the [H] like is printing on it here

http://www.bigass-stickers.com/ibmh.jpg

:D - If I do win have Falcon donate the cost of the graphics to Childs play.

Killer! I like that.

Can you do me an "[H]" about 1 foot tall that is black on both sides? I would love to stick them to the inside of my rear windows so the outline could be seen looking into the cab.

chrisf6969 said:
Just curious, what does "just before X-mas" mean?

Christmas eve?

or maybe the Thursday before, so you can overnight it to someone so they can receive it the Friday before X-mas? <--- that might entice a few more people knowing they could have the box before X-mas!!

That actually means whenever I feel like it and no I will not be paying to ship that thing overnight on my dollar.

Back