Votes: 131 10.3%
  • # 4

Votes: 329 25.8%
  • # 5

Votes: 663 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Buckshot said:
if #4 was our color scheme it would be the cats arse. My apologies to the designer, it is sweet but needs more Black. my vote goes to #5 unless a revision is in the works for number 4 :p
u_buckshot.gif

Yeah i kind of agree with you on this..I like #4..A black background and it would be killer ;)

But I still vote for # 4

I think that 5 is definitly the best. The colors in the others arent great and I'm also not a fan of th wwork play stay thing.

Also, maybe make the background for 4 black and the traces green that would be sweet too.

So KB ..just to ask a question can the person whom did #4 do a revise and then we do a recount? :D

hehe, im half done doing it myself with black/red, I have no idea how im going to incorporate 5's logo, so I probably wont.

How about 4, with 5's hardocp logo, and a black pcb with dark red leads, and have the circuit board fade out at the end.

I voted for #4, but I think it would be even better if it stuck to the [H] color scheme.

if #4 was our color scheme it would be the cats arse. My apologies to the designer, it is sweet but needs more Black. my vote goes to #5 unless a revision is in the works for number 4

#4 would have my vote if you used a red pcb with black lettering or a black pcb with red lettering. It's eye catching but isn't a good representation of the [H] unless your changing the whole color palette

would have gone for #4 as well just too much green and not enought red. Maybe needed more blood or something... don't know.

I was gonna go with #4 until I realized that it reminded me of christmas... I then went with #5... although they are all good

Yeah i kind of agree with you on this..I like #4..A black background and it would be killer

Also, maybe make the background for 4 black and the traces green that would be sweet too.

Okay okay... I get the point!! You guys obviously don't like green do you??

Besides, I said in the original thread that I could redo it in whatever colors. It's not like I don't still have the original PSDs. :p

Meh, maybe I'll redo it in black and red for the hell of it.

I like #4 the best. But who said PCB had to be green. Add a little color to this one & it would rock.

i like the cleanliness and elegance of #2, but #4 is technically superior. its a hard one, but I think ill go with #4 (just change the green to red ;) )

Lord of Shadows said:
lol, wish you told me that about an hour ago, my hand hurts... =)

Well then you should've checked the original thread. ;)

You think it's hard coloring it... you don't wanna know what it was like doing it from scratch!

hardbutton07_5b1_5d_animegu.gif

Heck you could draw the pcb and erase and fill the highlights on the original, coloring was a by hand single pixel process. Nice Image btw.

PS: Yeah I screwed the animation order up, little preview though.

No you misunderstood, I know thats what you did, I couldnt however or I wouldnt be able to make a 1:1 copy. =)

I voted for #5, but I would like to see the [H]ardOCP text in it cleaned up a little bit. As it is, it is a little difficult to read. Also, I am not sure about the binary... but can't really place my finger on what I would change on it.

As for the suggestions on #4, yes, a little too green for my tastes as well. Maybe not have it fade in and out (a little to busy for me in that regards), but just have a black PCB with dim yellow traces and the orange/gold from the [H] color scheme moving around through the traces every so often.

I vote #4, I like the scheme... although black PCB and Red leads would be tons better if also combined with the [H]ard|OCP design and color schemeor #4.

Mabey have the [H]ard|OCP logo of #4 draw by the leads and have them dissapear into the lettering while the light drawing the leads create a white glow around the lettering like #4.

Lord of Shadows said:
hardbutton07_5b1_5d_animegu.gif

Heck you could draw the pcb and erase and fill the highlights on the original, coloring was a by hand single pixel process. Nice Image btw.

PS: Yeah I screwed the animation order up, little preview though.

Hey can you do the PCB in black background with yellow/gold trace and leave the Hardcorp in red..that would be the bombdiggity ;)

Man , #4 just lookes to damn spiffy , a bitt color change would make it perfect ! Amazing work for such a small thing .

I picked #5 without seeing any of the replys...(I'm 133t like that) :D

its not that I dont like the color green, but it didnt match with the websites color scheme.

4 would be my choice if it didn't have that color scheme. I voted for 5 (might i suggest a black pcb, and then a revote, because i think 4 would win)

I'd have to say #5, with #4 coming a very close second :). Nice job on all the buttons, though. My compliments to the chefs, err, artists :D

Just another vote for 5 that would be switched to 4 if the color scheme was changed.

I like the green but think it would look like ass next to the brick or whatever color the site is.

conscript said:
4 would be my choice if it didn't have that color scheme. I voted for 5 (might i suggest a black pcb, and then a revote, because i think 4 would win)

My thoughts exactly... The green just doesn't fit. If it was a different color that would have been my choice also, but I went with #5.

Work Play Stay is the official [H] slogan. You must not be very [H].

Buckshot said:
if #4 was our color scheme it would be the cats arse. My apologies to the designer, it is sweet but needs more Black. my vote goes to #5 unless a revision is in the works for number 4 :p[/IMG]

my exact thoughts

I demand a REVOTE! (with 4 in a diff color scheme, i like the black w/ red idea)

BurntToast said:
who came up with "Work, Play, Stay".

IMO that slogan sucks. So I vote for button #5.

Yea, when your name is [H]ard, you can do so many things....... instead of "Work, Play, Stay".

It would work if it was Work [H]ard, Play [H]ard, Stay [H]ard, but there's not enough room to fit it.

I also kinda like this
hardbutton17.gif

Myself, i think different buttons could have different uses, for the most part they are all pretty good. However i like them in this order:

#5, #1, #4, #3, #2

I believe #5 would be good for the main page its very traditional and in theme, but might be slightly difficult for people to read in high resolutions. #1 & #3 would be good for the [H]ard|Gaming site, and #4 to be used for some major hardware reviews or something similar.

I would still vote for #5 though, it is the most up front and to the point, yet the others with their animated and fun themes still do deserve good mention.

Ratha

what happened to more than 1 winner?
wouldnt people like a choice of what to put on their site to advertise the [H]?

anyways, i still think this one is the best

SMASH.gif

VOTE 3!!!

I like the writing on 5), but the 1010101 is out of place, the 4) PCB is great, how about giving another color to green, like red and silver.

Lord of Shadows said:
How about 4, with 5's hardocp logo, and a black pcb with dark red leads, and have the circuit board fade out at the end.

(I would do it myself but thats too much stealing)

yeah, I REALLY think that would look great!!!

#5 logo with background of #4 on a black/red pcb...!!!!

Very hard to decide between #4 and #5 . I picked #5 but would have gone with #4 if there was perhaps a black PCB board. I just love the PCB look, but it doesn't have the [H]ard|ocp theme as much as #5 does.

Back