[H]-GiveOut! #3 - One more 8800GT / 256MB

tedkj

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2008
[H]-GiveOut #3

NewEgg confirmed that this product should be back in early next week, so let's do one more.
This GiveOut is for one GIGABYTE GV-NX88T256HV1 GeForce 8800 GT 256MB.

Give-Out ends in approx 24 hours from posting time.

To enter the GiveOut;

1. Post in this thread and provide a reason why you feel you should get one, and how long you've been with the [H]orde.
2. Posess an unpopulated PCI-Ex (x4+) slot and enough CPU power to feed the card 24/7.
3. Live in the US, be able to order from NewEgg to your address, and be able to take advantage of the $30 mail-in cashback.
4. Have a PayPal account for transfer of funds.
5. Accept that the card will fold under the banner of Team 33.

Winners will be picked by random. Winners will receive $80 to their PayPal account, and must provide their account details in a PM.

As last time, this is for people with unpopulated PCI-Ex slots, and not for upgrades of any kind.
Previous winners cannot enter until a new GiveOut is started which states that previous winners are able to enter.

Winner (posted in Lime);

lelliott731
gwarren007
drgnfang
FLECOM
Oldie
Crazy_Larry
ike989
Kendrak
relic
Alan2308
jljenkins28
BillR
Wharf_Rat
Air_Cooled_420
Pogo

Note: there is a 8800GS for sale also for 69.99 (AR + $10 off-code from e-mail). Winner can also go for this card - but be aware that NewEgg said the Gigabyte would be in early next week if you'd rather go with the GT-flavour!

Look in the deals thread and there is a canadian 8800GT for 65 shipped if I recall ...

And Tedkj thanks again for doing this. Awesome team spirit!

Wow, thanks tedjk, your "give a ways" are freakin' fantastic. In all honesty I wish I could throw my hat in the pile, but unfortunately ATM I'm at the extreme end of my comfortability in electric bills, UPS capability and space (I live in a 1x bedroom apart and my boxen are in my bedroom, along with a kvm switch, router, 21' monitor, keyboard, meece, assorted cables and all tha' other crap that goes with them) :(

I honestly wish I could do more, although the pernts are nice, the real pay off for me is realizing I'm helping medical science find cures for some "long standing" PITA diseases :D

And don't forget EVERY WU counts, no matter if you're turnin' in a zillion or just one. :p

FOLD ON!

Wow.

/me goes in search of old dusty box of [H]ard.
I think I gonna have to clean off these old medals. :)

I want to say that [H]ardfolding appreciates that you are giving away these cards for the team!

No Schlitz for you...you get the high life!

407.jpg

I'm in. Reason: I've been with the [H]orde since 2005. I'm tired of the tire tracks on my back. I have 2 machines with empty PCI-E slots.

I'd love to be in on this one. Just shy of 7 years folding and only a few months less then that as a member of the hord.

That card would let me bring my last idle machine back on line and I would love to do that. Not only that it just might be enough to keep my 14th place spot and maybe grab 13.

Very generous move on your part and either way gotta love your hard attitude;):D

You're the man, tedkj. This is such a great thing that you do.

Unfortunately, I have to take my name out of the running for this one. My machine with the spare pcie slot is giving me fits and needs some attention. So I can't promise to get that card up and folding anytime soon. Good luck to the rest of the you, better odds for you all.

Way to go man! It's great to see how much you're doing for our team even after only being here for 17 days! Mad props to you :)

PS--The 8800GTs are sold out (I didn't snag one before they were gone :() which card will you be supporting the purchase of now?

You're the man, tedkj. This is such a great thing that you do.

Unfortunately, I have to take my name out of the running for this one. My machine with the spare pcie slot is giving me fits and needs some attention. So I can't promise to get that card up and folding anytime soon. Good luck to the rest of the you, better odds for you all.

Thanks for beeing upfront, but I feel confident you'll get your GPU-less boxen up and ready before the card stocks up back at NewEgg, so I will keep your name on. :)

Way to go man! It's great to see how much you're doing for our team even after only being here for 17 days! Mad props to you :)

PS--The 8800GTs are sold out (I didn't snag one before they were gone :() which card will you be supporting the purchase of now?

I saw, Yamaki - but NewEgg informed me that the stock would be back up early next week. I'm not trusting that 100%, so I'm only doing one card now. You can slap in the order and see, but if there is no stock in by ETA, you can use it for any other card you want, ATI or nVidia. :)

tedkj,

I've ordered my own cards. I do very much appreciate your generosity, but please give my spot to one of these other guys who needs a card. I've already ordered one for all of my folding systems.

Oh, and you rock. :)

Best Regards,
relic

tedkj......amazing.

Unbelievable generosity and support of the team man....

Again, thank you for doing all you are for the [H]orde!!!

Fold On!!!!

Heheh, If i get this it might buy me more time in the battle with HighYield :cool:

What the hell. I will be losing my borgs soon...Maybe I can get in on this Nvidia GPU2 madness. I have been active with the Horde in F@H since September of last year. I have avaliable PCI-E slots.

My present GPU cant fold, so I'll probly just buy one for myself, but giving away folders is the finest tradition of the [H]orde, my first farm were boxen relic couldn't make use of. It's an honor to still be part of all this.
Gaiden

Count me in, I have the empty PCI-E Slots. I have been folding on and off for the [H]orde
since 2003. I could use a PPD boost, trying to stay ahead of Sunin, which hasn't been
working :eek: Thanks for the awesome contest!!

With plenty of room to keep my folders going, it would be great to get in on the gpu folding! I've been with the horde since hardfolding.com was created. I wasn't around for a while and then popped back in less than a year ago. I have two pci-e slots free with a third opening up once i receive a rma from tyan.

My present GPU cant fold, so I'll probly just buy one for myself, but giving away folders is the finest tradition of the [H]orde, my first farm were boxen relic couldn't make use of. It's an honor to still be part of all this.
Gaiden

trunk1.jpg

Here's to the memories my friend. :D

Nice to have you around again. :cool:

Wow!

Nice addition to the Team! Welcome, dude!

trunk1.jpg

Here's to the memories my friend. :D

Nice to have you around again. :cool:

Hey, I still have one of those Gateway 2000 thingys, when I saw that one I really started laughing. P-120 with 8 megs of ram and oh the cost;)

All send your congratz the winner of my 5th donated 8800GT, Kendrak!

Congrats K..... looks like you may stay ahead of HighYield after all:)

Thanks again to ted.... you da man!!

Ted, you da man. You really know how to D.

Congrats to ya Kendrak. Fold On, and Fold [H]arder you lucky dog.

Kendrak, your excessive optimism paid off in the end :p

Congratulations and fold on !

I must be the odd one out, BOOOOOOOO!

Congrats Kendrak, you lucky ducky.

Grats Kendrak.

Now make that card FLY!

Thanks Ted!

0.png

CONGRATS a' moondo' (?) Kendrak :D
Man, with that card ain't nobody safe, I'm gettin' out the mowed over lotion or tracks remover or whatever it is :rolleyes:

Once again "mucho" thanks tedjk :p

FOLD ON!

Back