[H]OCP'ers going to QuakeCon?

TheRapture

Supreme [H]ardness
Speak up....we are planning a Hooter's trip on friday night, lets take the place over (in a cool way of course).

Who is going anyway...?

I'll be there, not sure if I have anyone from 'round here goin'....but I'll see ya all there.

My girlfriend and I are going, and always up for Hooters!

Where is the [H] group planning on sitting? I'd like to sit with the [H], she'd like to sit with the [M]...so we've gotta duke it out as to where we'll be situated.

Last year I sat right behind the DDR machine...I'm -NOT- doing that again...couldn't enjoy my games over all that noise.

LOL! EOG! They all talked crap about you. But hey, I'm going as well. It's friday, huh? Make sure you guys wear your [H] t-shirts with ya'll nicknames on it.

I'll be having mine-- GeForceX on the back, and [H] on the front. ;)

-J.

I'm going! And trying to organize a meet (see other thread) PM if interested in a meet sometime

This will be the first Quakecon in all 10 years that I won't be attending for the whole time (Wednesday - Sunday). I'm very sad. I'll probably only be able to go on Saturday. Hoping to make it to Carmack's speech and the HardOCP event (those are so freaking cool) and look at all the booths.

My brother and I will be there again. This is my 6th or 7th and his 3rd. Its gonna rock. I am gonna try not to be as drunk as last year though, lol.

I'll be out there at various points. I'm more there for the workshops, demos and the social scene than for actual playing. Last year I was able to hang with the Fatman, have front row seats at the Doom 3/Nvidia release/PR bonanza and win a 6800 while I was at it. However, the highlight was seeing Kyle drunk off his keyster. Ah yes. Good times.

There's far more than BYOC. I highly recommending hooking up with your fellow board members.

NecessaryEvil said:
Last year I sat right behind the DDR machine...I'm -NOT- doing that again...couldn't enjoy my games over all that noise.

I was at the first table on the far left side, probably to your left on the same line of tables....and the DDR Dorks were flat out annoying...I understand that is to be taken care of this year....

TheRapture said:
I was at the first table on the far left side, probably to your left on the same line of tables....and the DDR Dorks were flat out annoying...I understand that is to be taken care of this year....

Thank god...I was at the far right end of the tables, the one with the 20" LCD & shuttle if you walked by...I think I remember seeing your name...but, oh well.

This year, I'm either going to game on my t42P (and give up OpenGL games :( ), or take my crappy Athlon (not an AXP...Thunderbird-C Athlon!) and upgrade it to play OGL games. Somehow, I just get nervous at the prospect of taking along Marduk(the bottom system in sig).

my [H] shirt is looking rather ragged...the winged skull doesn't impose as much fear any more...and there's holes and faded black...but I'll wear it.

Oh, wait!

isn't Friday night the night where they did Mr. Science and gave everyone Bawls and popcorn? Don't know if I can miss out on that....

I'm already there, in line, posting from my notebook. ;)

OK not really, but I live within 10 miles, so I just wouldn't miss it.

Hooters can be done on friday a bit earlier, say, a late lunch, so as to not miss the friday night activities....I have a suburban and can haul 8 total to the restaurant, which is less than 10 minutes away...

Of course Saturday is the [H]'s workshop, always entertaining and informative. Wonder what will get "internally explored" this year? :D

NecessaryEvil said:
Thank god...I was at the far right end of the tables, the one with the 20" LCD & shuttle if you walked by...I think I remember seeing your name...but, oh well.

I liked being right in front, less walking back and forth to the bathroom...sucks to be in the middle of a huge fragfest, battling for the lead, only to HAVE to stop and piss because I had a few beers a couple hours before hahah.

Yeah hauling that monster rig in your sig would be a bitch..... :eek: My rig is built specifically for QCon, light, portable, and capable. I will be building a new one after QCon, going back to the ATX size, watercooled....

I'll be at Quakecon this year. Let me know what time the Hooter take over is planned for and I'm game!

I'll be there. Kyle throwing another party this year? :)

Doesn't the Friday night thing conflict with the Sugashack activities?

got byoc reserved. unless something goes fubar with my job ill be there.

Ill be there as well...

As will some of HardMilitary

yay...Cant wait.

Myself with 4 Others...3 of us from St Louis

FalseGod said:
I'll be there. Kyle throwing another party this year? :)

Doesn't the Friday night thing conflict with the Sugashack activities?

We can do Hooters for lunch or late lunch.....

Me and one or two friends are coming, what [H] shirts are you talking about..?

EDIT: Oh yeah, if anyone needs a room, we have room, you could join with my and my two buds and split the cost :D .

This is my first year going, is there/has there ever been a certain place where [H]'ers try and sit...or are we kinda scattered all over?

Count me in for QuakeCon and especially Hooters!

I normally sit in the SGL (Senior Gaming League) area.

I'm thuuurrr...QC that is...I'm not really an active enough member of the [H] to feel comfortable going to an [H] get-together...

blk95civicex said:
I'm thuuurrr...QC that is...I'm not really an active enough member of the [H] to feel comfortable going to an [H] get-together...

Sure there are those of us who're more "active" then others around here...but that doesn't mean that anyone else is excluded from the good times.

I personally can't wait to meet a lot of the people behind the handles that I've been conversing with for the last two years...gonna be a blast.

*Bump in attempt to get my previous question answered*

What [H] shirts were you talking about?

several years ago (let's see...I had NecessaryEvil....2001?) there were [H] shirts.

Some said just [H], some said [H], and on the back Are you [H]ard?

And the one I have has an [H] on the front, and on the back, it has a skull with metallic wings and says [H]ardOCP.

I don't know if they make them any more though. I'm glad I got mine for free through a mistake on the shippers part. I cancelled my order for the shirt & ratpad, but they'd already sent it.

Back