[H] OEM Seagate ST32000542AS Barracuda HDD - 2TB, 5900 RPM, 32MB, SATA-3G - $75.57

sfsilicon

Limp Gawd
OEM Seagate ST32000542AS Barracuda LP Hard Drive - 2TB, 5900 RPM, 32MB, SATA-3G

$80.53 = $119.97 - $30 MIR - $14.40 (12% BCB) + $4.96 shipping

that's 4c per GB, almost the same $/GB as the last one I bought (3.8c/GB) except it is 2GB vs 1.5GB. Can't really speak about performance or reliability. The last one I bought from TD is working great and I use it to store files not run my OS or programs.

Link: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...m_re=Homepage-_-Spot 01-_-CatId_8_TSD-2000AS2

Edit: $4.96 shipping updated. Not sure what happened, normally $100+ is free ship. I could have sworn this was free earlier.

Last edited:
It figures that once again there is a 2tb deal and I don't have the cash for it...

damnit i just bought a wd 2tb a few days ago for 110 :( hmm should i get another hdd..

Unfortunately, the many reviews at TigerDirects often mention "click, click, click"

The question that you have to ask yourself before you hit that final "purchase" button is....."Do I feel lucky?"

another seagate deal......
they really want to push out their HDD ...

i cant bring myself to trust seagate anymore , 2 out of 3 1.5 TB drives all within 2 months of each other.

I had a Seagate 1.5tb Barracuda fail on me two days after I bought it, already had bad sectors, whereas my WD drive that's 1.5 years old has no issues at all. Forget Seagate.

I had a Seagate 1.5tb Barracuda fail on me two days after I bought it, already had bad sectors, whereas my WD drive that's 1.5 years old has no issues at all. Forget Seagate.

I had 3 of 8 1.5TB WD Greens die in 2 weeks of burnin. Of the 15+ Seagate 1.5TB drives I have around, I lost two early on to the firmware bug and poor shipping, and 0 problems since. Reccomending a drive based upon one failure is probably a bad idea.

I had 3 of 8 1.5TB WD Greens die in 2 weeks of burnin. Of the 15+ Seagate 1.5TB drives I have around, I lost two early on to the firmware bug and poor shipping, and 0 problems since. Reccomending a drive based upon one failure is probably a bad idea.

Normally, I would agree with you. But considering 62 of 66 people voted up a 1 "egg" review about how bad these drives are, I think it's safe to say "keep your distance".

Normally, I would agree with you. But considering 62 of 66 people voted up a 1 "egg" review about how bad these drives are, I think it's safe to say "keep your distance".

I think it's 66/222 are 1 star. Then again, figure a drive like this is never going to wow people in performance (green drive) so 5's are going to be hard to come by.

Newegg's OEM shipping packaging is bad (Tigerdirect is pretty poor also). I had one of two 2TB WD greens arrive a few weeks ago with the drive sitting with popped bubble wrap between it and the cardboard box wall. Personally, I think any non-Retail boxed Newegg drive is going to see more negative reviews because of damage during shipping.

Finally, most people do not review drives unless something bad happens. I have purchased 30+ spindle hard drives in the past 6 months and have written all of zero reviews on newegg. The only three that have failed were the WD Green 1.5TBs.

Finally, most people do not review drives unless something bad happens.

I tend to agree with this but even if that were true with that logic wouldn't all the other drives have this same trend in negative reviews? I think there is some validity in the suspected poor runs of some of these drives. Just my 2 cents.

I think it's 66/222 are 1 star. Then again, figure a drive like this is never going to wow people in performance (green drive) so 5's are going to be hard to come by.

I think you fail to understand what I'm looking at that tells me, and every other sane person, to stay away from that drive. There is one specific review that 62 of 66 people found helpful, that warn about how unreliable this drive is. And while I won't bother to look too hard, I doubt people are giving it 1 "egg" reviews because it's slow. Try again.

I bought a 1.5 7200 version from amazon, the packagive was amazing, double boxed and had plastic cutout so there was no possible way for the drive to shake in the box. I ended up sending it back because it was clicking. I ordered an F3 1tb as a replacement, still from amazon and the packaging was total shit. However it has been running perfectly for the 3 weeks I've had it.

I used to use only seagate drives, but never again if they keep making this garbage.

i ordered 2 from newegg didn't feel like dealing with rebate. i did get 2% cashback so thats not too bad. hopefully i get some good ones :)

I got the 1.5TB version of this drive last year and freaked out about the clicking like a lot of other people, but apparently it's "normal" for this drive and almost everyone gets it. I have two of these running in main rig and HTPC and other than the clicking, seems to be working ok. I got them when they were first released and there were no reviews up or else would have paid more for a different brand.

After having it a few months and the reviews started popping up on Newegg and Seagate forums, I wished I would have gotten something different, but so far so good.

Go figure, instead of one of these dying like I kind of expected, one of my WD 2TB advanced format drives died instead :) Took 48 hours flat to advance RMA the WD drive though.

love the price BUT......

3x 1.5's all click click click all from tiger.

More power to any of you that go for this i hope you get pristine drives.

the price is calling me:D but i just cant pull the trigger

Back