[H]ot! 60% off FIFA12 on Origin (one day!)

Volume

2[H]4U
Edit: Oops, so it's not one day only. Here are the details:
Buy FIFA Soccer 12 today for only $16.00-- our best deal ever. Promotion only valid in the Origin application.
Expires 11/7/11 9pm PST.

Open up Origin, it should be a news popup. It's a damn good soccer game if you're into the sport. I've played it myself and liked it a lot. For $16 it's a steal.

The origin announcement popped up as soon as origin was launched that says $16, but at checkout its $39.99.

Edit: Price is correct now.

Last edited:
The origin announcement popped up as soon as origin was launched that says $16, but at checkout its $39.99.

same thing happened to me when Crysis 2 was $16. Sent them an email and got a response saying I will get another response within 24 hours. That was four days ago.

Wow, nice price! Kinda stinks I bought it day one, but the game is so great, I have no regrets.

I got FIFA 10 on a fire sale last year for a buck or so. Does FIFA 12 bring anything new to the table?

The physics stuff they added in this version is pretty slick, it adds a lot to the defending mechanism.

Can you use a 360 controller with this? Can you use 4 360 controllers?

My HTPC could run this game no problem. If I can use multiple controllers I am def going to get this

I play with a 360 controller. I only have one though. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. There's a demo that may have multiplayer, maybe you could try that?

Can you use a 360 controller with this? Can you use 4 360 controllers?

My HTPC could run this game no problem. If I can use multiple controllers I am def going to get this

Yeah you can use 4 controllers. I play with my friend and we use 2 no problems.

The best thing about FIFA 12 is that it is the first time the PC version is identical to the console version.

Just to chime in on what someone said on defending and such... yeah, everything feels very fluid in this game and the defending system is very easy to pick up. They lead you through a tutorial of it IIRC.

I found an official (100% legit) Russian EA Games digital distributor, and in their FAQ page or anywhere does it say I need to be in Russia.

The game is $20.44 :eek: USD it says... anyone know how or if I will get ripped on this? like I said, its an OFFICIAL legit EA store, but its based in Russia.

Lets just say I am in Russia on travel, I want to play, but what if I go to back to the US? DO I require buying this game again because the key is based from Russia? I mean, i only really want to download and play single player on a laptop sooo

I found an official (100% legit) Russian EA Games digital distributor, and in their FAQ page or anywhere does it say I need to be in Russia.

The game is $20.44 :eek: USD it says... anyone know how or if I will get ripped on this? like I said, its an OFFICIAL legit EA store, but its based in Russia.

Lets just say I am in Russia on travel, I want to play, but what if I go to back to the US? DO I require buying this game again because the key is based from Russia? I mean, i only really want to download and play single player on a laptop sooo

$20.44 is not cheaper than $16. am i missing something here? :confused:

Yes, installing origin? won't I not need to do that?

I heard many bad things about origin, including scanning all your files, tracking your web use, etc.... correct me if i am wrong but wont I be able to use steam with my 'internatinal' russian key? :D Thus spending $3 more to avoid origin, yes its worth it to me

so, i d/l origin from EAs website. installed it into a folder i didnt want to because it wouldnt let me continue otherwise. ran Origin and it told me i need to d/l an "update", let the update download. the update is telling me i already have the same version installed and it wont go any further. fuck you EA!

so, i d/l origin from EAs website. installed it into a folder i didnt want to because it wouldnt let me continue otherwise. ran Origin and it told me i need to d/l an "update", let the update download. the update is telling me i already have the same version installed and it wont go any further. fuck you EA!

This is my point here.... origin blows, clearly. A bad move. I would rather pay $3-4 dollars and avoid it, if possible.. anyone know or how to help people like me who want to avoid that shitstain piece of software from EA and friends? :eek:

Just say no to Origin until they pull their heads out. I thought the whole "spyware" thing was FUD and overblown until videos started showing up on Youtube with people using process explorer and tracing the files that Origin.exe was snooping -- pretty obscene. Skype chat logs, word & tax documents, you name it.

Now, do I think EA really cares about my personal docs or logs, no. Are they being uploaded to the mothership, I doubt it. Is the data mined going to be used for analytical and marketing purposes by EA and their "partners", I wouldn't be surprised. But that doesn't excuse that a game company really has no business scanning files outside of the installed game folder. And the suits in the boardroom seem to be having trouble absorbing this failure.

Last edited:
I'd love to get this game for PC but I refuse to install Origin.

For this price the game is a steal for anyone who doesn't mind origin.

Just say no to Origin until they pull their heads out. I thought the whole "spyware" thing was FUD and overblown until videos started showing up on Youtube with people using process explorer and tracing the files that Origin.exe was snooping -- pretty obscene. Skype chat logs, word & tax documents, you name it.

Now, do I think EA really cares about my personal docs or logs, no. Are they being uploaded to the mothership, I doubt it. Is the data mined going to be used for analytical and marketing purposes by EA and their "partners", I wouldn't be surprised. But that doesn't excuse that a game company really has no business scanning files outside of the installed game folder. And the suits in the boardroom seem to be having trouble absorbing this failure.

When it comes to many executives of companies, they are oblivious to the needs or concerns of the consumer.
It will take some time for the privacy concerns of Origin scanning outside the folder to reach the top of the ladder.
It will be addressed, but it will take a situation for them to become "aware" and stop it. By that time people will be already turned off by them.
They should address it now because that's really the only major hold up from them gaining more customers, but like I said it takes a while from them to understand that.

i uninstalled origin. oh well, guess ill have to wait a while longer and try to pick up a retail box of fifa for a discount.

I wasn't aware of that, but I didn't let it run on start up, so it should only be a problem when I want to play the game. My biggest complaint would be it uses up a lot more memory (150k) than steam and seems to use more cpu power. Kinda blows if that's all true, but I can always just uninstall.

I wasn't aware of that, but I didn't let it run on start up, so it should only be a problem when I want to play the game. My biggest complaint would be it uses up a lot more memory (150k) than steam and seems to use more cpu power. Kinda blows if that's all true, but I can always just uninstall.
150k is absolutely nothing. this is hilarious, you guys will argue anything just to prove nothing. cpu usage and time, lol. its meaningless when you consider what gaming machines are made of today.
does it bog your system down to a point where its not usable, if so you shouldn't be gaming. I would bet that you wouldn't even notice any loss of cpu cycles. seriously find something new to bicker about.

This game is tough. I'm getting schooled on a regular basis.

This game is tough. I'm getting schooled on a regular basis.

Ya, its definitely not a pick up and play game like these sports games used to be a few years ago. I hadn't played soccer games for a few years and the defense was a lot easier for me to pick up then the offense. There's a lot of little things, my first game was pretty tough.

150k is absolutely nothing. this is hilarious, you guys will argue anything just to prove nothing. cpu usage and time, lol. its meaningless when you consider what gaming machines are made of today.
does it bog your system down to a point where its not usable, if so you shouldn't be gaming. I would bet that you wouldn't even notice any loss of cpu cycles. seriously find something new to bicker about.

150k was supposed to be 150,000k. I really don't have anything against it either way as I have very litte experience with it. I was just pointing out that for some reason programs that perform similar functions use vastly different memory amounts. In basically the same idle state steam is using 15,000k while origin is using 150,000k. Which is a small complaint in the grand scheme of things since the memory usage difference is almost unnoticeable with 8 gigs, but that doesn't stop it from being my biggest complaint about origin, it appears to be unoptimized, if every program I run used 5-10 times as much memory as they need I'd fill up those 8 gigs easily. I have a biggest complaint about many things including steam too, but its not really relevant. Still none of it matters for FIFA.

150k was supposed to be 150,000k. I really don't have anything against it either way as I have very litte experience with it. I was just pointing out that for some reason programs that perform similar functions use vastly different memory amounts. In basically the same idle state steam is using 15,000k while origin is using 150,000k. Which is a small complaint in the grand scheme of things since the memory usage difference is almost unnoticeable with 8 gigs, but that doesn't stop it from being my biggest complaint about origin, it appears to be unoptimized, if every program I run used 5-10 times as much memory as they need I'd fill up those 8 gigs easily. I have a biggest complaint about many things including steam too, but its not really relevant. Still none of it matters for FIFA.

Roliath's post still applies, what's 150MB nowadays.

Back