[H]ot - Antec Mini P180 $69 @ theEgg - Free Shipping

and i just bought my new x58 DFI board :( i wish i could use this case...

It's a great case, but has 2 drawbacks:

It's heavy - if you're used to aluminum it's going to weigh a ton
It's large - larger than some full sized ATX cases and about on par with a normal ATX mid tower.

If you don't mind that, it's a great one for a good price.

It's large - larger than some full sized ATX cases and about on par with a normal ATX mid tower.

Larger then a full sized tower, but about the same as a mid-tower? o_O I know what you are trying to say, but that sentence is confusing as all hell.

thanks OP, I just bought one because the deal was too good to pass up!

wow, either get this and wait for shipping or shoot by Best Buy on Friday and get an Antec Nine Hundred for a few dollars more, decisions, decisions...

I really like the design of this case. Too bad it only supports small mobo's.

wow, either get this and wait for shipping or shoot by Best Buy on Friday and get an Antec Nine Hundred for a few dollars more, decisions, decisions...

I'm in the same debate...

mini P180 = Very silent but bad air flow.

Antec 900 = more air flow but not very silent and bad cable management.

I've owned both an Antec 900 and a Antec P180 Mini.

The Mini is 10x Better. the 900 is a very terrible design IMO.

A few dollars more? Is that YMMV because the original 900 isn't listed on the site anymore. . .

A few dollars more? Is that YMMV because the original 900 isn't listed on the site anymore. . .

BB still has a few A900's left for $67, or at least the one near my place does. Someone from a diff state checked it out after I told him, and he said they had a few left as well.

Larger then a full sized tower, but about the same as a mid-tower? o_O I know what you are trying to say, but that sentence is confusing as all hell.

Never said "full sized tower". I mean that you can get a case that fits an ATX motherboard which is a little bit smaller, and that this case is similar in size to an ATX Mid Tower case, despite only having the space for a smaller motherboard.

People report bad airflow in these. Would buying some better after market fans help this or is it due to bad internal design and placement of fans.

People report bad airflow in these. Would buying some better after market fans help this or is it due to bad internal design and placement of fans.

SPCR says it has good airflow. Looks good to me, you can always remove the HDD bays and stick fans there. I think i'm going to order one. Pretty good price and a very solid case.

I almost bought one, but then I realized its only .5" less tall and 1" less deep than the full ATX Antec tower I've been using for the last 5 years, is just as wide and certainly has less cooling. I went with a MATX MB this time around, assuming I could find some nice, smaller cases for a reasonably price and relegate my big cases to server duties. Sigh...

The airflow in the case is not up to par as other cases but air flow wasn't a main focus as silentness for the p18x cases.

Same, I'd love a smaller design without doors like that. Right now I am using a Lian Li PCA05B that I love, but definitely gets hot. oh well.

If it's anything like the P180 the door will actually have a double hinge so it lays almost completely flush with the side when it's all the way open.

If it's anything like the P180 the door will actually have a double hinge so it lays almost completely flush with the side when it's all the way open.

Indeed it does, although it looks kinda ugly that way IMO.

I almost bought one, but then I realized its only .5" less tall and 1" less deep than the full ATX Antec tower I've been using for the last 5 years, is just as wide and certainly has less cooling. I went with a MATX MB this time around, assuming I could find some nice, smaller cases for a reasonably price and relegate my big cases to server duties. Sigh...

So is he saying this would not be a good case to use as a file server? I'm looking for a case to throw a few HDDs in and load WHS.

To be honest.. I don't mind the door so much, if it were sleek on the front, but the accessibility to the USB ports, the vents, etc kinda kills it.

I bought one of those Lian Li CD ROM front bezel things for my A05B because I hated how much the CD drive stood out..

Little things like that piss me off. But the inside and cooling aspects of this case are just so damn desirable... not to mention the sleek black interior... even if the damn thing is going to be closed 99.99% of it's life time.

Well, I reckon if you filled all the available bays then 9 drives would be the max (although I've not seen any mobos with 9 sata ports). I was reading some of the reviews though on Newegg :rolleyes: One fellow (Mogster) said the following:

"There is no way to mount a fan in front of the HDD cages, so if you install more than one HDD in each cage they may not get enough cooling unless you set the rear/top fans to med or high."

The of Scythe SlipStream Slim's (120x120x12) will fit, Newegg used to have one of Scythe's older 12mm fans for sale and the guy said it fit fine in the P180M with the cages in.

Edit: In for one. :p

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful case especially when you take your time an do a good job with cable management looks amazing! Was looking to get one had it in my cart all day and finally when I go to pull the trigger SOLD OUT :mad:

Here is a nicely setup case credit goes to ReignsOfPower from XS:

img0294b.jpg

It's a f'ing crime that this case is being touted as SFF. It's a mid-tower case (at best) that's been neutered by removing ATX standoffs and rear slot extensions even though spacewise, it should be able to accomodate a full ATX board. It's like taking a 1980's Cadillac, removing the back seat, and calling it a sports coupe.

Last edited:
It's a f'ing crime that this case is being touted as SFF. It's a mid-tower case (at best) that's been neutered by removing ATX standoffs and rear slot extensions even though spacwise, it should be able to accomodate a full ATX board. It's like taking an 1980's Cadillac, removing the back seats, and calling it a sports coupe.

hahaha, thats an excellent analogy. i too find it much more pleasurable to have a smaller-then-mid-tower size pc nowadays. it used to be nice to have room to work on things, but anymore once you build a pc it normally stays the same for very long periods of time. smaller towers make things so much nicer when it comes time to move things around, not to mention when it comes time to sell (mini towers can fit in a lot of boxes, its hard to ship a mid or full size)

Back