[H]ot BFG 7900GT $195.99+tax AIS @ Best Buy

Farseer

Limp Gawd
First: YMMV

Second: Best Buy is advertising the BFG 7900GT OC for $279 this week ($329.99 - $50 instant savings).

I mainly went to Best Buy to get a CyberPower 1200av UPS for $83.99 (regular $140.99), but I thought I would look into the 7900GT while I was there. I looked for some of those 30% off coupons everyone is talking about, and found several boxes in the computer area and quite a few of the 30% off coupons (very easy to spot). I took just a couple for myself and friends (still a bunch there). The next item to look for was the 7900GT – yep they had 5 of them. I asked a rep in the computer area if the 30% off coupon would work on graphics cards since it didn’t specify (I didn’t say which card). He looked it over and said that it should, but if it didn’t just let him know and he would over-ride. Sweet!
At the check out counter the coupon only applied to the UPS making it $58 (hot deal all by itself). I asked the cashier why it didn’t apply to the graphics card and she said that the coupon only applies to one item. I asked her apply it just to the graphics card and it would not. She said that it was because a graphics card is not a computer accessory. I told her that I asked about that and the guy in the computer area said he would over-ride it. She went off looking for him, but couldn’t find him. She then made a few phone calls and had me fill out a form. The manager finally came over and over-rode the price.

Final total for the 7900GT:
$329.99
-$50 instant savings
-30% coupon
$195.99 + tax out the door

our best buy in Southgate, MI took all of the 30% coupon books off the shelves before the store even opened lol.. My friend who works there said they made them immediately throw them in their sealed trash compactor thing so nobody would use them. Anyone caught taking them would be fired. Nazi's...

Well, another approach if you can't get an employee to override it would be to go on their website and show them that graphics cards are clearly listed under their "computer accessories" section. YMMV, but it's the only thing you have if an employee won't go along I guess--unless you just keep trying until you find one that will do it ;)

What information did you have to give them in the forms? I really don't feel comfortable giving Best Buy my information. They might put me on their super secret permanent blacklist of devil customers.

Just write:

Name: Dix E. Normus
Address: 5236 Get Bent Lane
Phone: I don't have a phone. I use telepathic messages that I can send to other people using the "EVIL" eye!!!

mwahahahaha. Damn Worst Buy!

but definitely a [H]ot Deal if it all works out!

TheWikipediaPwnzJ00 said:
What information did you have to give them in the forms? I really don't feel comfortable giving Best Buy my information. They might put me on their super secret permanent blacklist of devil customers.

They wanted the usual stuff: name, address, phone number. The cashier did compare what I wrote on the form with my driver's license. It wasn't a big deal IMO, and I'm not worried about being put on some black list; the coupon doesn't specify if graphics cards are excluded (there is a scan somewhere, maybe Slickdeals, that shows that graphics card are actually included), I asked before going to the checkout, and I was even polite to the cashier for taking up her time. I’ve price matched lots of items at Best Buy, and done a few of these deals before and have never had a problem (and I always give them my actual info). I think as long as you know you are correct, that you ask questions, and make them understand that if they deny the deal they would be scamming you then you’ll be ok.

I thought those coupons said not to be combined with other offers? Surprised the $50 instant off didn't make them balk at giving it to you. Nice card, nice price. None of the BBs around here have the coupons though, I looked when the "how to find 30% off" tip was leaked.

WhoKnowsWho said:
I thought those coupons said not to be combined with other offers? Surprised the $50 instant off didn't make them balk at giving it to you.

Normally I would agree with you and I thought that is what they would say. However, as I said above, they had no problem applying the coupon to the UPS which is also on sale.

TheWikipediaPwnzJ00 said:
They might put me on their super secret permanent blacklist of devil customers.

lol!! i wouldnt want to be on that list, they probably send their geek squad to your house to beat you up and steal your dog.. good idea on the deal though, might look into it

w1retap said:
our best buy in Southgate, MI took all of the 30% coupon books off the shelves before the store even opened lol.. My friend who works there said they made them immediately throw them in their sealed trash compactor thing so nobody would use them. Anyone caught taking them would be fired. Nazi's...

That sounds like my local Best Buy. The managers there are the rudest people outside of a state penitentiary.

no 30% coupons at my store they did have some 15% off back to school coupons though, but the guy i talked to said they don't apply to graphics cards :(.

Two problems.Went to my local BB today(Wednesday) in Sarasota.Out of stock on the 7900GT and NO COUPONS at all.Couldn't find any coupons.Where are they usually kept?Or hidden?

Pyotr said:
Two problems.Went to my local BB today(Wednesday) in Sarasota.Out of stock on the 7900GT and NO COUPONS at all.Couldn't find any coupons.Where are they usually kept?Or hidden?

I found the coupons on the computer/laptop counter in the computer area. There were four boxes in various areas of the counter. The boxes aren't big, only 6x6 or so, so it would be easy to miss them if you weren't looking.

Farseer said:
I found the coupons on the computer/laptop counter in the computer area. There were four boxes in various areas of the counter. The boxes aren't big, only 6x6 or so, so it would be easy to miss them if you weren't looking.
Imagine them giving you a dirty look trying to look for coupons around. :p

Yeah, look at this jerk in MY store trying to get MY coupons, he's a real trouble maker...

Back