[H]ot: Corsair H80 Closed loop water cooling $69 Amazon + prime

the manual actually states that you might get better temps if you pull air from outside and push it into the case. Thats what I do right now and I have a 200mm fan on the top of my case that pulls everything out there.
Ahan, cool. I have 4 case fans as well. Came with my Zalman case so everything is already cool and dandy.

Btw glad I snuck that one in. Got it for 92 shipped. That's a bucketload of saving for me.

This is a pretty good deal. I would have gotten it if I hadn't JUST bought a H60 for 49.99 on bf.

I bought this and I still have the H50 that I bought 1.5 years ago, still shrink-wrapped. Gahhh :p

Don't worry. I just installed my H50 from 1.5 years ago when Bulldozer came out, and I bought this yesterday to replace that. I looked at the H70 vs H50 review on [H] and there was a 10 degree difference between the two coolers in the OC'd test.

The H80 replaces the H70 in Corsair's line and gives an additional 2 degrees of thermal protection in the [H] H80 review. So don't worry; it's big enough of a difference to warrant the purchase.

:)

Says 88.99 now, can someone else confirm?

Yep, that didn't last long... Who the heck sets Amazon's prices? A feces throwing monkey? A look at my favorite dromedary's website shows the price for this item jumping all over the place in the last few days.

Up from 88.99 to 93.24!!! Was hoping it might jump back down, but I think they only price matched newegg for yesterday :(.

I was going back and forth between the H100 and H80. Ended up picking up the H80 because it was a bit easier to fit in most chassis with the standard 120mm fan/radiator mount size. I was seeing 44C idle temps with the stock intel 2600k cooler on my new box, with 22C (hey, it is winter in MN) idle temps with the H80. Did not try to OC yet, as it spent the night doing memtest runs first.

Been using an H50 in my 775/q9550 box for a while now. Very impressed with the closed loop coolers and at a reasonable price will make it my default CPU coolers.

Got my cooler on Friday, installed it yesterday. Temps around 5C lower on lowest speed than Hyper 212+ with one fan. Installation directions were rubbish, no text just pictures, but teh interwebs provided me with what I needed.

FYI the fans are really friggin loud on anything but lowest speed.

Got my cooler on Friday, installed it yesterday. Temps around 5C lower on lowest speed than Hyper 212+ with one fan. Installation directions were rubbish, no text just pictures, but teh interwebs provided me with what I needed.

FYI the fans are really friggin loud on anything but lowest speed.
That is disappointing to say the least regarding the fans. Reason I wanted watercooling was to reduce sound in my system. Currently the loudest component in my rig is Zalman 9900 Max since it doesn't have a fan controller. I get like 40 dbA equivalent from that thing whilst gaming. Also only 5C is junk IMO. My max temps are 65-73C load and about 40C idle with the overclock.

Mine doesn't arrive till 15th (all the way from US of A). Will post back results once I have it installed.

Could you link me to a video or website from where you got the intructions?

Installation guide is here, it's a bit iffy but if you install the radiator with the tubes on the bottom you'll be allright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWWFjsJONYc

As far as the fans go, they are loud only on startup as the cooler has built-in profiles that need to initialize on boot. If you only have one bar on the block lit it's quiet. I haven't seen the need for higher fan speeds as yet. My temps are ~65C with Hyper 212+ versus ~55C with H80 running Prime 95 cpu tests... I only stated idle temps in my last post.

EDIT: One more thing, the H80 comes with two sets of standoffs. One set has the same length threads on both ends, the other has much shorter threads on one end. The longer ones are for every CPU but the new LGA 2011.

How long do you think this it going to last with optimal result? Two years? Three?

Installation guide is here, it's a bit iffy but if you install the radiator with the tubes on the bottom you'll be allright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWWFjsJONYc

As far as the fans go, they are loud only on startup as the cooler has built-in profiles that need to initialize on boot. If you only have one bar on the block lit it's quiet. I haven't seen the need for higher fan speeds as yet. My temps are ~65C with Hyper 212+ versus ~55C with H80 running Prime 95 cpu tests... I only stated idle temps in my last post.

EDIT: One more thing, the H80 comes with two sets of standoffs. One set has the same length threads on both ends, the other has much shorter threads on one end. The longer ones are for every CPU but the new LGA 2011.
Thanks for info. Your load temps are encouraging. 10C is what I expected as a bare minimum reduction compared to the Zalman. Glad that it is the case :).

No problem, fellow [H]'er. I am happy with mine, hope you have the same experience. If I can help later on don't hesitate to PM me.

Just so you guys know - I got a h80 here and it has problems ... guess they got issues with some units with the unit not working.

mine wont change speeds and is stuck at a certain speed (have one of the fans now hooked up to my mb because the unit sets it at full speed 24/7 and you dont want that - unless you like loud noises).

anyways just thought Id warn some peeps

Just so you guys know - I got a h80 here and it has problems ... guess they got issues with some units with the unit not working.

mine wont change speeds and is stuck at a certain speed (have one of the fans now hooked up to my mb because the unit sets it at full speed 24/7 and you dont want that - unless you like loud noises).

anyways just thought Id warn some peeps

Did you contact Corsair about it?

No problem, fellow [H]'er. I am happy with mine, hope you have the same experience. If I can help later on don't hesitate to PM me.
Thanks.
Would hate to get a busted unit since, it costed me quite a ton of cash to get it here and sending back to corsair etc would be a pain in the butt.

^^^^^^^^^

Yet this thread keeps getting bumped. OP either needs to close thread or edit original post...

Any recommended silent fans to replace the H80 ones? Preferably ~$10. I was thinking of the Enermax Silence TB 120mm.

Loving my pump! I have the heat set to 87f here and the H80 keeps the cpu at 34c. My H50 kept the system at 40c. Playing BF3, the temps never go above 44c and that's pretty darn cool; pun intended.

System is OC'd to 4200 from 3100 stock on stock voltage.

If you get a faulty pump like the last two from Newegg like me, you'll want to throw it out the f'n window. When it works, though, it cools pretty damn well. Compared to my H50's ~44c idle 56~load, the h80 brought it down to 35~ idle 45~ load.

ya seems to be a fair amount of faulty control mechanisms - mines the same and ya the noise is too much. Mine worked for like 10 mins and with it set on low it was barely noticeable and the pump wasnt loud at all.
But on the highest setting that would be a no-no for anyone with any normal type of system.

Well all this failed fan control or pump being loud bullshit really is worrying me. Anyone who actually got theirs from Amazon report back if they got a fine piece of watercooling or is it busted?

Honestly, does this stand up to my hybrid V10 cooler that I have manage to get very good pre-water cooling level overclocks with?

Back