[H]ot - GA-78GM-S2H Mobo w/ AMD X2 5600+ $69.99 (perfect for HD HTPC)

I actually just noticed this in the HTPC section and was going to post it here as well.

This is smoking! I'm super tempted to buy this for a second HTPC or for one for my parents or something.

Sold out.

It shows up as in stock then when you click add to cart it say "Sold out" "Your cart is empty!"

Frustrating as anything.

Wow, the board alone is 85 at newegg...

Yup sold out when I tried to add to the cart, sucks.

Holy shit! that was a great price for that combo... I need to start checking Fry's website more frequently.

I'll pay a visit to the store, they seem to have a lot of stuff that you don't find online.

from slickdeals i hear its not because the sku is not active so they wont price match and its sold out online

HOLY CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP. This is INSANE HOT.

kicks self many many times for just buying this mobo with a slower processor for double what this deal is ... less than three months ago....:mad: :eek:

HOLY CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP. This is INSANE HOT.

kicks self many many times for just buying this mobo with a slower processor for double what this deal is ... less than three months ago....:mad: :eek:

Stop kicking yourself -- it was OOS as soon as it was posted.

Stop kicking yourself -- it was OOS as soon as it was posted.

Haha. Ok. Yeah, when you click on it it says, OOS. Still... I bet they sold one or two ...

On a side note, the thing gets way too hot, especially if you throw in a 3450 for hybrid crossfire, which I did. Temps were insane. In my HTPC case, even with 5 fans and an aftermarket silverstone HS my proc. idles at 50c. It's a measly 4600. These Gigabytes have all kinds of nice ports and features and headers, especially for mATX, but the thing gets really toasty, even with lots of fans. I need to upgrade from my low profile HTPC case to the Antec Fusion. That thing has 120mm beasts in the side of it. Need it for this board.

Can vouch for the high definition playback though. With Power DVD it's INCREDIBLE. The quality and smooth playback are astounding, and HDMI with audio and video to my HDTV works flawlessly. If these go back in stock BUY IMMEDIATELY.

while we're all kicking ourselves over missed deals,

here's some more fuel for the fire:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Infi...76467/catOid/-16882/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do ($38 infinity subwoofer, amp included)

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony...92231/catOid/-16882/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do ($10 Sony subwoofer...amp included)

:p:p

Edit: actually, some of you may get lucky, you can check to see if your local store has them in stock...

Not my store. I've got almost 10 months on [H]. My local Circuit City has NEVER had a single deal posted on here at stock in my local store, with the exception of two computer games (out of a list of 15 that was posted of what was available in other stores on [h]ot deals!!). Our local Circuit City is by far the lamest for computer deals that I've ever been to in my life.

I wish they had that sub in stock. 10 bucks. wow. Thanks OP!

is that a micro atx board? and is this instore too? maybe they will have them instore at my local one.

even though many people are saying that they wont give you the deal in person i have to go to frys later anyways so im going to try it out, wish me luck

these deal was dead before it even posted here. I had one in my cart on my phone and couldnt rememeber my login and when i finally got to a pc it was dead. Hour later i saw it on here. I really need a deal like this too.

Great.. with that kind of deal in existence, even trying to sell my 780g board is pointless..

Oh well, I'll find a use for it..

Great.. with that kind of deal in existence, even trying to sell my 780g board is pointless..

Oh well, I'll find a use for it..

Don't worry. This deal was dead right after it started. Very few (if any) got in on it. People that tried ordering moments after the original post were given "out of stock" messages. Wonder why Fry's had a sale like that ... maybe we just got our posting late and they were already all sold out.

Damn I really hope we get a second shot at this, if there was even a first one, been want to build an HTPC for a while.. this would be perfectomundo

Damn I really hope we get a second shot at this, if there was even a first one,
Ya, sometimes these deals come back to life, i've checked the link a few times over the past coupla days. Won't get my hopes up though.

Been looking to upgrade a couple of my secondary htpc-related rigs, this combo would have been beyond perfect.

Oh well it's back to ebay and the FS/FT forums for me :(

In stock in stores? Im gonna call about it tomorrow, even though I wouldnt be able to pick it up until thurs night.

They have the LE-1620 and a cheap ECS board for 60, along with the X2 5600 and a cheap board for 80 in stores.

Back