[H]ot [H]ot [H]ot! Free tinted contact lenses from Nike.

I wonder how many places will honor this. This is cool, but only really good if you're going to be playing a particular sport for a while in the daylight. It seems these would be inconvenient to wear on a normal day because you can't just take them off when you go indoors as easily as sunglasses. :cool:

I was reading about these a long time ago - and they seem really cool. Baseball, and golfers I would really think would benefit from them. Pitchers are not allowed to wear sun glasses - imagine staring down a pitcher whose eyes were red....

Your second link is dead, but the first link still works.

Gilthanis said:
Your second link is dead, but the first link still works.

2nd link still works for me.. make sure you have adobe installed. its a pdf.

Yeah...not a noob with a pc. The link worked for about 5 minutes then quit not only for me but for like 12 others I sent the link to. But the first one worked ok...so not a problem.

ill try em.. they will work great on gothic night where i work.. hope they come in my perscription when they makem, ill try for 2 pairs at 2 different stores....

anyone know if u can get them without prescription? Wearing sunglasses while playing golf is no big deal, but sunglasses and basketball don't really mix.

yeah this is stupid, I know what contacts I need, but I need to get "a thorough examination".... blah that makes the deal cold. these would r0x0r my b0x0rs for ultimate frisbee !

unreal said:
ill try em.. they will work great on gothic night where i work.. hope they come in my perscription when they makem, ill try for 2 pairs at 2 different stores....
keep us posted, will you?

ScubaSteve said:
anyone know if u can get them without prescription? Wearing sunglasses while playing golf is no big deal, but sunglasses and basketball don't really mix.
A non-corrective version is available.

The eye exam is going to cost you, but then they will give you the contacts for free. But there is nothing special about that...when I got my eye exam last year the doctor gave me three different lenses to try...FREE! Sorry to rain on the parade, but Nike would never reimburse eye doctors for these things. What's cooler than cool? You got it, baby. ICE COLD!

Hallow said:
The eye exam is going to cost you, but then they will give you the contacts for free. But there is nothing special about that...when I got my eye exam last year the doctor gave me three different lenses to try...FREE! Sorry to rain on the parade, but Nike would never reimburse eye doctors for these things. What's cooler than cool? You got it, baby. ICE COLD!

I just went into the glasses store in walmart and they gave them to me :rolleyes:
No eye exam
No payment of any kind.

They did want the coupon and YES nike does "reimburse" them because if they have them in the first place, it means that they do business with nikeoptics and have the lenses on site.

lloose said:
I just went into the glasses store in walmart and they gave them to me :rolleyes:
No eye exam
No payment of any kind.

They did want the coupon and YES nike does "reimburse" them because if they have them in the first place, it means that they do business with nikeoptics and have the lenses on site.
was it non-correctional lenses or actually your prescription? If the latter, I am going to Walmart tomorrow :D

Non correctional. I dont need a heavy perscription and dont play hockey with contacts anyways.

They DO have them in correctional too if you need them.

lloose said:
No eye exam
No payment of any kind.

That's awesome. I'll have to get a few friends together with some coupons. Nothing like tinted pieces of plastic in your eyes.

Yeah I'm definitely headed to walmart soon now. Hopefully they won't read the fine print on it.

i would guess soft, as they are trials, arent the hard contacts ment to last a really long time, and the soft one deteriorate

so going to wally mart tommorow

lloose said:
No eye exam
No payment of any kind.

w/o a prescription explicitly for these lenses, my local Walmart won't supply anoyone w/ lenses. I had beef with them last year when my glasses cracked and I went in to see if they could sell me the lenses I periodically use. I was even wearing my emergency pair of contacts at the time but they were being too strict about it.

You guys might have different experiences. I'm going to see if I can get a pair of these though. For you guys that already got em, what are your opinions on these lenses??

Stuey83 said:
w/o a prescription explicitly for these lenses, my local Walmart won't supply anoyone w/ lenses. I had beef with them last year when my glasses cracked and I went in to see if they could sell me the lenses I periodically use. I was even wearing my emergency pair of contacts at the time but they were being too strict about it.

You guys might have different experiences. I'm going to see if I can get a pair of these though. For you guys that already got em, what are your opinions on these lenses??
that is just utter rubbish (I love that phrase recently). I can just order contacts from some website that sounds like a free phone number and they don't require a stinking prescription.

that doesn't make any sense. you shouldn't need a prescription especially if you're getting the non-correctional lenses.

saywut said:
that doesn't make any sense. you shouldn't need a prescription especially if you're getting the non-correctional lenses.
even if you are getting correctional lenses, who cares. I don't see the problem. As I said, anyone can order correctional lenses form 1-800contacts.

well the walmart in san clemente is a no go as they have no vision department. and the laguna niguel walmart is also a no go as they are total douche bags and cant expept that i dont need any type of correctional lense.

does anyone know if costco/price club offers free eye exams

I would like to try this but it's not my thing, maybe I can give it to my mom, she wears contacts.

you think 1800 conatacts would honer the free thing if i dont need a prescription

called, they don't

For everyone who is trying to get these lenses without a prescription, that may not be the smartest thing. Contacts have 2 measurements in their prescription, vision correction and fit of your eye. If you arent fitted you can have problems with your lenses.

Hallow said:

Just got off the phone with Costco, which is where I get all my contacts and glasses. They told me that in Washington State, contacts are viewed as a medical device so you can't get them without a perscription. They don't carry the Nike lenses but she said that she sees free lens vouchers all the time and the rule applies to all of them.

drizzt81 said:
that is just utter rubbish (I love that phrase recently). I can just order contacts from some website that sounds like a free phone number and they don't require a stinking prescription.

I totally agree that it's rubbish. I offered to pull a lense out of my eye but they were stubborn over it. They wanted my eye doctor's number even though I don't get my contacts through him and had an eye exam and contacts prescription at the place where I get my glasses/contacts.

Also, 1800contacts DOES call the number provided by you. They may not do it for everyone, but a few friends of mine tried to bypass their typical suppliers at various times and got their orders cancelled b/c they gave phoney numbers.

1800 contacts wont give out free pairs at all, even with a prescription, and a hand signed note by your docter delivered by his first born

my local eye place ordered them for me i guess they come in two different colors so she said that i could have both of em and they should be in sometime this week. I also tried wal mart and seemed like a no go i might try bringing in the coupon though and see if they have some since they lady didnt get what i was telling her.

I just got a pair of both from walmart for free. I showed the guy the coupon and he said that he hadnt heard anything about giving out free trials of them. Apparently he asked a manager and ok'ed it.

I've been wearing my pair of the grey/green all day and I must say....damn. These are probably the best for more "ordinary" use. They really make thinks look kinda wierd though. They're ok inside, even at night. Everyone thought I was high though cause my eyes apparently looked huge. I'm going to wear the amber ones tomorrow and see how it goes.

i also wore the grey ones they make your eyes look all black it was odd getting used to it cause i never wear sunglasses anyways. I dont think i could tolerate wearing them all day though just getting on the computer was enough to make me want to take them out. I'll have to try the amber ones sometime and see how those do though.

Back