• 512 MB DDR (400) PC-3200 Corsair
NEW [H]ot Item!!:
  • 512MB OCZ Ultra Slim & Portable USB 2.0 Drive
  • 1GB OCZ Ultra Slim & Portable USB 2.0 Drive
  • 2GB OCZ Ultra Slim & Portable USB 2.0 Drive
Power Supplies / Cases:
  • Thermaltake Shark Full Tower Aluminum Case Series w/Window No PS Black
  • Enermax Liberty ELT620AWT ATX 2.2 620W SLI Power Supply
  • Ultra XFinity Titanium, ULT31844, 500W ATX 2.2 Power Supply (Titanium)
Video Cards:

ATI:
  • ATI (HIS) Radeon X1900XTX IceQ3 512MB GDDR3/PCI-E/AVIVO/Dual-DVI-DL (Retail Box)
  • ATI (VisionTek) Radeon X1900 XTX 512MB DDR3/PCI-E/Dual-DVI (Retail Box)
  • ATI (VisionTek) XTASY Radeon X850 XT 256MB DDR3/PCI-E/TV-Out/DVI (Retail Box)
  • ATI (VisionTek) Radeon X1800 XT 512MB GDDR3/PCI-E/VIVO/Dual-DVI-DL (Retail Box)
  • ATI (VisionTek) XTASY Radeon X800 Pro 256MB GDDR3/AGP-8X/TV-Out/DVI (Retail Box)
Nvidia: Age of Empires III, Free with select EVGA purchase!
  • EVGA Geforce 7900 GT KO 256MB GDDR3/PCI-E/HDTV-Out/Dual-DVI-DL (Retail Box)
  • EVGA GeForce 7900 GTX EGS 512MB DDR3/PCI-E/HDTV-Out/Dual-DVI-DL
  • EVGA GeForce 7600 GT CO 256MB DDR3/PCI-E/HDTV-Out/DVI-DL
Mother Boards:
  • DFI Lan Party NForce4 SLI-DR Audio/GB-LAN/IEEE-1394/PCI-E/SATA/DDR/ATX 64 939
  • DFI NF4 SLI Infinity Audio/GB-LAN/IEEE-1394/PCI-E/SATA3G/DDR/ATX 64 939
  • DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR CrossFire Audio/GB-LAN/IEEE-1394/PCI-E/SATA/DDR/ATX 64 939
Please save your Confirmation email as your receipt of purchase from MonarchComputer.com and as proof of purchase for obtaining rebates (if applicable).

Damn, you guys dropped the eVGA 7900GT KO down to $300?! I should have waited a few days.

Was going to get a PowerStreem (either 520 or 600) but since I first saw this deal, Monarch raised the price... So I went to their site to remove the item from my cart (wish list?) and found this:

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...de=M&Product_Code=101207&Category_Code=ps-ocz
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...de=M&Product_Code=101208&Category_Code=ps-ocz

:D Got the 700W version. If OCZ live up to their name, it should be a great PSU. Also I'm not too fond of MIR. 600W version is even cheaper than PowerStream.

Damn, that 7900GTKO is scorching hot. I'd grab it if I wasn't stuck on AGP :( Someone grab two of them to make up for me :D

You're kidding, 5 days after I buy my 7900gt for $315 shipped. :( great deal though Mr. Monarch, and thanks for listening to us whine. =P

I am going to chime in on this as well. Isn't there some sort of price protection for an item that is less than a week old and had not even shipped till this morning.

$315 for the 7900 GT was too high since other places had them for $300 at the time. $286 is much better so I got 2 of them :)

More waiting......

JonnyRial said:
I am going to chime in on this as well. Isn't there some sort of price protection for an item that is less than a week old and had not even shipped till this morning.

Monarch said:
What you are asking for is called price protection, and we do not offer that. It will take 15 business days for your system to ship. Sometimes in the time it takes to build the cost of individual items changes, either up or down. However, the cost of you particular system is based on the cost of goods when you place the order, so very often if we lowered the cost of the system we would end up losing money on that build. That wouldn't be a problem if we were able to charge the customer additional when prices went up, but we obviously cannot do that.

Picked this off their forum.

Thanks for the info. But what is stopping me from returning my order and then placing it again at the lower price.

-Edit
Oh I see once they have you they have you. They charge a 15% restocking fee for returns regardless of the order or condition. I also read if you were to cancel your order which I sent 2 e-mails to do so before my item shipped and have still gone unanswered they can still charge you 15% for the canceled order. It is what it is but still pisses me off. I guess that I will make sure to read the fine print before ordering next time.

Grabbed the X800 Pro AGP. Thanks for the sweet deal w/o having to wait for a rebate.

VERY HOT LIMITED TIME OFFER!!
  1. Western Digital Caviar RE2 500 GB SATA3G 16MB Cache 7200 RPM (WD5000YS)

NEW [H]ot Item!!:
  • 512MB OCZ Ultra Slim & Portable USB 2.0 Drive
  • 1GB OCZ Ultra Slim & Portable USB 2.0 Drive
  • 2GB OCZ Ultra Slim & Portable USB 2.0 Drive

Was going to order the ocz 520 today when I got home but rebate is no longer any good?

Jonspd

Is this the place to post about my first and last experience with ordering from Monarch or should I vent elsewhere?

Goaty said:
Is this the place to post about my first and last experience with ordering from Monarch or should I vent elsewhere?

probably not the best idea.... shoot them a email

Goaty said:
I am sorry you are unhappy, please e-mail with your order # and situation.

in terms of price protection, check with your credit card corp. many companys offer a 60 day price protection plan with the cards. if you find it cheaper, just give them a call and they may adjust the cost and refund you some cash. of course, this varies with CC companys and is at their discretion what they may or may not cover. g/l

From what I know, the only companies that do that is like American Express blue or something. And the card actually charges fees each month to use so... Cards like that are only worth if it youre doing it very often.

Monarch Deals said:
I am sorry you are unhappy, please e-mail with your order # and situation.

With the help of the Monarch Forum Rep, my issue was resolved to my satisfaction.

No complaints at all, but I'll mention that the OCZ 2-1gig PC2-5400 Gold is advertized with timings of 4-4-4-12. I got the sticks today in the mail, and it has says 4-4-4-8 timings on them. I'm kinda newbish on all this, does the fourth digit matter? I haven't had a chance to put them on my computer yet.

All the numbers "matter". It makes little difference though. Basically you got better memory than you thought you were. Im not sure why youre mentioning it.

Parmenides said:
No complaints at all, but I'll mention that the OCZ 2-1gig PC2-5400 Gold is advertized with timings of 4-4-4-12. I got the sticks today in the mail, and it has says 4-4-4-8 timings on them. I'm kinda newbish on all this, does the fourth digit matter? I haven't had a chance to put them on my computer yet.

4-4-4-8 performs better then 4-4-4-12, so technically it is a good thing.

My new Platinum PC4000 kit is rocking right now. I'll see how it OCs later in the week.

My DFI board wanted to set the TRAS to 6 by default though. I dunno if this would have been a problem as I caught it on the first POST. Not a big deal though *shrugs*

I knew the 4-4-4-8 would be better than the 4-4-4-12, I just wasn't sure if the last digit mattered very much because their OCZ gold was different than Newegg's for the same sticks.

I was mainly telling Monarch, for their own benefit. But yeah, I certainly was happy with that. I would never complain about getter better stuff than advertised. :D

My 2gb OCZ gold at 225mhz does an easy 2.5-3-3-7 timings. The platinum probably does like 2-3-2-6 or something if I had to guess.

This was my first time using Monarch and I am getting concerned. I ordered an X800Pro last Friday (5/5/06) and so far all I know is that it did get charged to my account. I only know this because I looked at my bank account status online. I haven't recieved an email notifying me of shipment and charge nor can I see any change on the "Order Status" page at Monarch. I like knowing where my stuff is in the order process so maybe Monarch needs a better system other than typing in your order number and zip code to get a generic message that it has been submitted for processing. That's one reason I use newegg so much.

@Sobek - I agree the system could be a little better but they do come through.

Contact them if you are really concerned.

Worst case, contact "Monarch Deals". Check his post above in this thread for contact info...they take good care of us here @ [H].

Hi there.

Just a quick question.
Do you ship to good old south africa?

And what would the costs be?

thanks

LOL! As soon as that 7900GT KO went on sale, Newegg lowered the price of their 7900GT KO. Kudos to Monarch for breaking the ice on getting these things below $300.

Ordered my Opty 165 and 2GB of Ram on the 8th
Recieved them both today on the 10th

2 day ground shipping=) YAY!!

know what sucks? i am buying a new camera and need 2 gigs of sd.... and the big blowout on SD is over.

please help a brotha out, monarch!

:)

I just bought the X800 Pro!!! and opted for the 2 day FedEx shipping.

Hooray for me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back