[H]ot: PA120.3 for $100 SHIPPED after 20% off DD store coupon!!

young-blood

Limp Gawd
This is one friggin hot deal that I don't think anyone has discovered. I found this coupon at slickdeals.net, and no one had even replied to it after almost a month! 20% off at dangerdenstore. Code is PAGLAN06

Link: http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=205&cat=76&page=1

Here's my invoice copy/paste for the PA120.3:

Subtotal: $119.99
Discount: $6.00
Coupon saving: $22.80
Discounted subtotal: $91.19
Shipping cost: $9.89

Total: $101.08

Is this hot or what?! It applies to everything at the store, so have fun. BTW, coupon is good til 12/31/06! I doubt it will last that long, though.

You sir,
Rock.

I have been putting off getting a water cooling system for a while. This just made me bite.

Im picking up one for myself and my wifes system.

Spazilton said:
You sir,
Rock.

I have been putting off getting a water cooling system for a while. This just made me bite.

Im picking up one for myself and my wifes system.

I had my order all set up and ready to go...for 132 shipped. Some kind of javascript error later, I decide to search for a code, and I instantly saved 30 dollars. I even checked the code on google and it's nowhere but slickdeals. I proudly say I am, at least, the first at [H]ard to take this coupon's virginity. :D

First part of my order is a TDX/D5 combo.

Its discounted 15%, then you get another 25% with this deal.

D5 Pump and TDX A64 block for $82.65 you cant beat it

Just have to decide on a rad. Im also picking up a SLI-DR Expert block, and a Maze 4 GPU block. I did want to get the Storm 2 and the MCW-60, but I cant pass up the prices on this :)

Damn you for giving my credit card a workout :p

I'm not sure if it's the right place, but:

What is the difference between HE and PA 120.3? They're about the same price.

The HE series are designed for high CFM fans. The PA series is set up for low CFM fans.

u8myrice said:
So the HE series will perform better, due to high CFM fans?

No. The PA series is new tech designed up to 130cfm. I remember it said something like "performs x% better at low cfm and x% better at high cfm than HE series". I have AFB Delta's that go up to like 129..so I'm in good shape. :) I plan on running them full blast when egoclocking.

Well Just placed my order tell me how I did.

D5 TDX Combo 1/2" $108.75
DFI SLI-DR Expert Maze 4 $ 38.50
Low Profile Maze 4 $ 46.45
Black Ice Stealth 240 $ 48.45
Tygon 1/2" (12FT) $ 33.60
Fill Syringe $ 1.99
Clamps (14) $ 10.50
MCT5 $ 20.99

Subtotal: $309.73
Discount: $15.53
Coupon saving: $58.79
Discounted subtotal: $235.41
Shipping cost: $26.90 Fedex 3day

Total: $262.31

Still have to pick up some odds and ends but I dont think it was that bad of a deal at all.

Whoa, slick. I was about to nab another Scythe Ninja for myself, but with 20% off, I might just get a water cooling setup. Thanks, OP! Any idea how long this coupon will last?

After some research it was a special coupon for some lan event back in May.

Im willing to bet DD just forgot to cancel the coupon. Im sure they will honor the orders but I would probally get it in before they open today to be on the safe side.

I still cant get over that D5 TDX combo deal.

Normal price is $127.90, with the combo price you get it for $108.75 - 5%($5.44) - 20%($20.66) = $82.65 (45.25% total savings)

Spazilton said:
After some research it was a special coupon for some lan event back in May.

Im willing to bet DD just forgot to cancel the coupon. Im sure they will honor the orders but I would probally get it in before they open today to be on the safe side.

I still cant get over that D5 TDX combo deal.

Normal price is $127.90, with the combo price you get it for $108.75 - 5%($5.44) - 20%($20.66) = $82.65 (45.25% total savings)

lol I was thinking about that today. You really got a steal on that combo, man.

What's up with the 15.53 discount? Did they have a special discount for each item or what?

S_G, this coupon is scheduled to end on 12/31/06. I doubt this thing is going to last much longer. I wouldn't mind getting wholesale prices for 2006 though. :cool: Everybody be sure to post your final tallies on here so we can see the savings! ;) Off to class.

young-blood said:
lol I was thinking about that today. You really got a steal on that combo, man.

What's up with the 15.53 discount? Did they have a special discount for each item or what?

S_G, this coupon is scheduled to end on 12/31/06. I doubt this thing is going to last much longer. I wouldn't mind getting wholesale prices for 2006 though. :cool: Everybody be sure to post your final tallies on here so we can see the savings! ;) Off to class.

The 15.53 is the 5% off promotion they are doing right now. We got 5% off then 20% off that.

That TDX + D5 pump + PA120.3. You're gold with sub 200. Now add some accessories like Reservoir and tubings, ties, VGA block, balh blah. =]

Spazilton said:
The 15.53 is the 5% off promotion they are doing right now. We got 5% off then 20% off that.

Sweet. I'll take it. Think I should change the thread to 25% off?

young-blood said:
Sweet. I'll take it. Think I should change the thread to 25% off?

Well since it takes the 5% off first then 20% off that total it actually works out to 24% off :p

This thread showed me how little I know about watercooling. I have no clue what would be necessary. Anyone have a good tutorial guide?

w00t! Thanks, this came just at the right time. I was about to go out to Microcenter and buy a pump and stuff.. This just saved me money on the purchase, and on gas. :cool:

- DD-D5 pump
- DD Fillport (anodized blue)
- (2) Y-splitters

= $77.84 shipped to my door.

Dude.. I just realized.. $34.36 for a Black Ice Extreme 2 radiator.. wtf?! Freaking awesome deal. (after coupon)

DarkStar02 said:
Can someone help me pick out what to buy?

Opteron 170
DFI LP UT Ultra-D
XFX 7900gt VIVO

How much money are you willing/wanting to spend?

Pump: DDC-12V REV2 "PLUS" with 3/8 to 1/2" tubing adaptor OR if you wanna save
some more money with somewhat less performance, go to Special Deals and get the combo TDX and D5
CPU Block: TDX Copper Block (not as good as Swiftech Storm, but half the price)
GPU Block: Acetal Maze4 GPU (be sure to customize the options for the 7800, then add the 8 ocz ramsinks)
Radiator: PA120.2 or PA120.3 (if you want the extra performance and futureproof for $15 more, go with the .3)
Shroud: Get the compatible PA-series shroud
Tubing: Get the propylene 't' fitting, and the rest of your tubing - get at mcmastercarr

At mcmaster-carr.com:
Tubing: 10 feet of 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC Tubing
Clamps: search for worm-drive hose clamps and get the 1/2" bandwidth, 5/16 and 25/32 ones. They will be the military ones.

With that said, you should be good on that. ;)

I've got up to $300 to spend.

Right now I'm looking at:

Copper TDX Block for Athlon64 754/939/940
Acetal Top MAZE4-1GPU Peltier Version
Black Ice Pro II Radiator
Danger Den Single 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir
ClearFlex 60 Tubing 1/2" ID 3/4" OD
Zerex Super Coolant
UV Water Dye-Lite
Total:
null.gif

$246.03

BEFORE COUPON.

If you're going with the Black Ice, you might as well get the GTS version. Those are supposed to be better. Or, if you want a little better than middle of the road, get the PA160.

Here's my lineup:

Copper TDX and D5 combo
10 feet Clearflex 1/2" ID tubing
Acetal Maze4 Peltier
Thermochill PA160
Zerex
Water Dye-Lite

294 before coupon. With FedEx Home (half price of Saver) you have 233.51 shipped. Damn that's hot. Essentially you could get the PA120.3 for 30 bucks more and still have
40 left over. That way if you go SLI in the future you won't have to worry about another upgrade on your rad.

DarkStar02 said:
How about my setup but I switch out the Black Ice for the PA160 and the PA160 shroud?

Heck yeah. But what about your pump? I didn't see one in your list!!

I got the GT240 because I wanted to do a top mount on my rad. With the Lian Li 2000 design, If I had gone for the 360 I would have lost all 3 of my PCI slots. I could have done a bottom mount, but the main reason I bougth this case was the hdd space. I didn't want to lose any space. So Im planing on adding a GT 120 for the rear exaust later if the GT 240 doesnt cut it.

I know a lot of people warn against the chipset blocks, however on the expert the damn chipset fan is so damn loud I just couldn't stand it anymore.

young-blood said:
Heck yeah. But what about your pump? I didn't see one in your list!!
Haha, I noticed that right after posting it. I want the cool looking little cube one that says DD on it but it's all sold out :(

Spazilton said:
I got the GT240 because I wanted to do a top mount on my rad. With the Lian Li 2000 design, If I had gone for the 360 I would have lost all 3 of my PCI slots. I could have done a bottom mount, but the main reason I bougth this case was the hdd space. I didn't want to lose any space. So Im planing on adding a GT 120 for the rear exaust later if the GT 240 doesnt cut it.

I know a lot of people warn against the chipset blocks, however on the expert the damn chipset fan is so damn loud I just couldn't stand it anymore.

Good idea man. I love that Lian Li 2000 though...wow, *sick thoughts*. The 2100 is even hotter. I would buy one for myself but I can't justify spending that much on a case yet. Maybe if my mid-atx Thermaltake doesn't cut it, I'll come around.. :rolleyes:

Chipset blocks aren't that big of a deal. It's just a tiny bit of added restriction and a whole lot less noise. Seriously...I turned my chipset fan down almost all the way on Smartguardian. When you crank it up, you can hear the little heffer buzzin along.. if I upgrade to the Evercool one, that will probably be even louder. Have you seen the new nforce 590 chipset fans? The green fan with the copper looks fantastic.

young-blood said:
Good idea man. I love that Lian Li 2000 though...wow, *sick thoughts*. The 2100 is even hotter. I would buy one for myself but I can't justify spending that much on a case yet. Maybe if my mid-atx Thermaltake doesn't cut it, I'll come around.. :rolleyes:

Chipset blocks aren't that big of a deal. It's just a tiny bit of added restriction and a whole lot less noise. Seriously...I turned my chipset fan down almost all the way on Smartguardian. When you crank it up, you can hear the little heffer buzzin along.. if I upgrade to the Evercool one, that will probably be even louder. Have you seen the new nforce 590 chipset fans? The green fan with the copper looks fantastic.

I had considered other options, like side mounting, it wasn't an issue of length, it was an issue of thickness. The 360 with 25mm fans is over 56mm thick. just wouldnt work on a side mounted job.

I did order a nice damn grill for the GT240 think it will look good on the top of my case.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=290&products_id=3697

OMFG OMFG DUDES this is like a mircle!! my rad just sprung a leak today and ive been waiting for jab-tech to get the pa 120.3 back in stock forever now. My lucky day instead of spending $123 i only have to spend 108 shipped now. this gives me money to buy some perfect seal fittings. Thank you young-blood your my new best friend :) anyone think i should upgrade my pump from a d4 to a d5? with this rad?

turbolude said:
OMFG OMFG DUDES this is like a mircle!! my rad just sprung a leak today and ive been waiting for jab-tech to get the pa 120.3 back in stock forever now. My lucky day instead of spending $123 i only have to spend 108 shipped now. this gives me money to buy some perfect seal fittings. Thank you young-blood your my new best friend :) anyone think i should upgrade my pump from a d4 to a d5? with this rad?

Hahaha. Yeah, well that's the way I like to think about it too: you save money here, then have money for there. In the end it's like getting stuff for free. :) Basically, I am going to get all of my tubing, clamps, plugs, etc from a mcmaster-carr order I'm sending in tonight for free, just for buying a rad. I already received my tracking number for the PA, so all is good here. Hopefully it stays up long enough for everybody.

To a d5? Why not get a DDC for the same price?

Oh, and looks good DarkStar. No love for the PA, though..? =(

Back