[H]ot RT-N16 $57.99 @ Amazon Prime + $10 MIR

clicked here just to see what the hell a RT-N16 is. 'wireless router' in the title would have helped :p

looks like a good deal if you're in the market for this.

I have 5 of them with dd-wrt on them. 2 have been replaced.

I'm a fan of that router for sure, have never had issues with it at all. Great buy!

I have this router flashed to DD-WRT and the wireless range is awful. For wireless purposes, I don't know where all the praise is coming from.

I have this router with tomato on it. Tomato has been working awesome for me compared to DD-WRT. Check out the mods for it as well.

I have this router with tomato on it. Tomato has been working awesome for me compared to DD-WRT. Check out the mods for it as well.

anything useful?

Not really impressed with this unit.

I had the RT-N56U and loved that one. First router out of 6 that actually worked every day without having to be reset once a week or more.

I have this router and ran DD-WRT for about a year. That range was decent but it had issues dropping signal. Flashed it back to updated stock firmware and it was way better than DD-WRT. Flashed tomato on it a few months ago and that is by far the best. I would not recommend DDWRT on this, tomato or updated asus firmware are way better.

I have this router flashed to DD-WRT and the wireless range is awful. For wireless purposes, I don't know where all the praise is coming from.

There was actually a known bad batch of radio sets, I would get yours replaced.

I have this router and ran DD-WRT for about a year. That range was decent but it had issues dropping signal. Flashed it back to updated stock firmware and it was way better than DD-WRT. Flashed tomato on it a few months ago and that is by far the best. I would not recommend DDWRT on this, tomato or updated asus firmware are way better.

Depends on the version of DD-WRT. I was about to replace my router thinking it was due to interference (about 5-7 different networks on the 1, 6, and 11 bands each in my apartment complex) and then upgraded to the r20006 version of the firmware (need to browse the forums / downloads to find the download links) and wireless is flawless now.

Depends on the version of DD-WRT. I was about to replace my router thinking it was due to interference (about 5-7 different networks on the 1, 6, and 11 bands each in my apartment complex) and then upgraded to the r20006 version of the firmware (need to browse the forums / downloads to find the download links) and wireless is flawless now.

I updated a few different firmwares when I ran DD-WRT and never really thought any of them worked right. Maybe a newer version fixed that but it's been like at least a year since I ran DD-WRT on that router.

I have this router and it runs well with the stock firmware. I had planned to put Tomato-USB on it, but after using the new ASUS firmware I don't really have a pressing need to do so.

Deal is back up again!

Edit: Nm. back to $70 after rebate. Still not bad.

I have used this with wrt and tomato and it was okay, most glitchy with wrt, then Asus came out with the new firmware which I think is based off of wrt and it works flawless.

Been using one since January or so, with Tomato. Working great.

I got this for black Friday last year, excellent router so far.

I bought it because it supported custom firmware, but earlier in the year they did a major overhaul of the ASUS firmware and I haven't found the need to use any custom firmware yet, I like having the option though. The new ASUS firmware is very easy to use, and much better than my old Linksys.

In a year I think I might have had to restart this router only once. Highly recommended.

The only reason I have a router is for my iPhone and iPad, so bear in mind my recommendation is with very basic usage, but nonetheless I haven't had any issues.

This is a great router.

Having said that, I've had to restart mine once a week for the last month...form some reason I still haevnb't been able to pinpoint. I've had the router for about 1.5 years.

Using TomatoUSB on it, but thinking I might try out the new Asus FW.

This is a great router.

Having said that, I've had to restart mine once a week for the last month...form some reason I still haevnb't been able to pinpoint. I've had the router for about 1.5 years.

Using TomatoUSB on it, but thinking I might try out the new Asus FW.

Give it a try, I had to restart mine with tomato every other week, and seems like wifi dropped all the time, since the new Asus fw its been rock solid.

wow...this is a pleasant surprise.

I get better signal with the latest Asus FW, than with TomatoUSB. I always thought it was just configuration of walls and location of router.

wow...this is a pleasant surprise.

I get better signal with the latest Asus FW, than with TomatoUSB. I always thought it was just configuration of walls and location of router.

Yeah, like I said, I had drop outs with tomato, and boosting the output etc etc did nothing, went back to the new FW when it first came out, and no more problems.

Back