[H]OT! X800XTPE AGP $206.10

that and people that rate their shopping experience (on certain sites) only do so when it's bad... i've never bought something and then thought "well that was great I better go spread the word, particularly at resellerratings" though on ebay i always give feedback/scores.

Good point. I never goto resellerrattings when I have a good experience, but when I have a badone, I head there ASAP.

Like when Xoxide first came on the scene, they had HORRIBLE service and WORSE Customer support. Couldn't get my order right for weeks. Went to resellerratings and they did respond to me there, but still didn't get my order right.

everybody email them and ask them whats up with eta.

i did and they said the pro guys are trickling in and in stock and they hope any time now that the xt's will in the same time frame.

I cancelled my order. Didn't like the wait and "refurb" made me nervous. Sold 2 of my old vid cards (9700pro and 800pro) and bought a x850xtpe. Gonna keep my AGP system until it rots :D since it's only a year old anywaz.

And... if you look at the dates on there, they are actually quite sparse.
I personally had no issues ordering a card from them with the Trade-Up. At the time, got a Radeon 9800 Pro for maybe $40 less than anywhere else after trading in my Diamond Stealth S540 PCI :)

But... I still don't know about "pre-ordering" a refurb. I emailed them for ETA, and await a response.

Oh yeah, forgot that my email from 8/2 said 'Anticipated Ship Date: 3 to 4 weeks'

So "maybe" 8/23-8/30

(and by then I will have sold my Geforce 6800GT and maybe played a few depressing games with an old Radeon 8500 128MB :) )

Now that I'm not rushing off to work, and actually take a closer look at the reviews to see they are pretty spaced out and reading your comments I feel a lot better. It was just the shock of seeing a 2.24 at a website I was about to buy a $220 video card from 5 minutes before I had to walk out the door. Hopefully it will be here soon!

well if I get my card in the 3-4 week time frame AND it works properly I will be sure to give them some positive feedback :)

The burden is on them

sposh said:
well if I get my card in the 3-4 week time frame AND it works properly I will be sure to give them some positive feedback :)

The burden is on them

Sounds like a plan to me.

I just ordered one today. I couldn't pass it up at $211. Anyway, I called them b/c I was curious about when I could expect it. The Ati sales guy said that they have no anticipated ship date yet. Even though they gave us one in the confirmation email, it seems that the "3-4 weeks" estimate was just a number they pulled out of their asses.

Anyway, I won't be bothered by this, b/c if i do eventually get it, it'll be at a kick ass price- whether it be today or a month from now.

I figure as long as they ship it before you can go buy one new for like $250 on newegg etc, I cant complain about a little wait.

I seriously doubt they'll actually get any x800XT-PE refurbs, considering they never fully made it to market. They're called "Phantom Editions" for a reason. That said, they're a full 120MHz faster than the X800XL's.

I canceled mine...after a lot of thought I'm going to build a X24400/7800GTX rig

pr0nasaurus rex said:
I seriously doubt they'll actually get any x800XT-PE refurbs, considering they never fully made it to market. They're called "Phantom Editions" for a reason. That said, they're a full 120MHz faster than the X800XL's.
Just gonna quote this for future reference...

pr0nasaurus rex said:

I hear what you're saying, but I doubt that a big coproration like ATI would go out of its way to list the sale of the refurbs, and most likely receive tons of customer service calls fielding questiions about them if they didn't believe they would be getting some cards relatively soon.

Considering ATI won't charge you until they ship, there is basically ZERO risk. As demonstrated by all the posters who have jumped shipped on this deal, it's more apparent how little the risk there really is since we're able to cancel at anytime.

I'd prefer seeing more people cancel their orders b/c that just means I'll get mine sooner.

Yup, merely kicking myself for not getting in the queue sooner AND getting only 5% instead of 10%. What the crap is with that anyway?! Everyone please cancel :)

xxaaqq said:
Yup, merely kicking myself for not getting in the queue sooner AND getting only 5% instead of 10%. What the crap is with that anyway?! Everyone please cancel :)
Sound advice! Cancel now and buy a refurbed 6800. I got so excited about this I thought it had two DVI ports. Too bad about that but I'm staying in :).

Theres nothing wrong with refurbs. Most of the time it is someone who has a hardware or driver conflict and then RMA's it back to the retailer because they didn't know what to do. There is also a good chance that they are just tweaking the specs on other cards to bring them up to X800XT PE specs.

The Pros were listed as pre-order as well, so it will only be a matter of time before the PEs start popping in.

I don't care if I have to wait, like they said, they wont charge until they ship. I can wait a month for an awesome upgrade. Patience is a virtue.

EvilMike said:
I don't care if I have to wait, like they said, they wont charge until they ship. I can wait a month for an awesome upgrade. Patience is a virtue.
yeah ill be back in college by then, and ill be like "omg look what i gots guys"

They are shipping the Pro's, the Pro's were pre-ordered also. This is a good way for ATI to flush a bunch of inventory before launching there new line.

Archaea said:
6800GT would be preferable in my opinion...and you can buy them used for 190 shipped on ebay.
ROFL i just sold my 6800gt for $315 shipped in ebay... as to 245 shipped i had offered on these forums

I will most likely be selling my 6800GT with VF-700Cu on eBay and getting this. Its great that I can make a profit and get a faster card also.

Furthermore, does anyone know if ATi's Trade-Up program works with this?

LeArN2LiVe said:
Furthermore, does anyone know if ATi's Trade-Up program works with this?

I don't think this card works with the trade up program. I think the trade up program is limited to a few cards listed under the tradeup program page.

What ^^^ he said

You trade in an older ATI (or other manuf.) card, you get $50 off a newer card from shop.ati.com. No worky with the refurb store.

Apallohadas said:
Why are you posting?

I never thought this thread would reach 100 posts of people buying into it. Just trying to save some people what could be a potentially huge headache. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic. There's a precedent here with ATI. If they ever actually come through with this deal, you won't see it for before december.

I think what ppl are trying to say is, by ordering one of these cards we arent taking any risks, we arent gambling our life savings on a card, if we get one cool if not, oh well. I can not find a single negative consequence for preordering one of these refurbs. There really isent any reason to complain or gripe about a deal in this context.

I do hope they can scrounge up enough cards as it seems a lot of people bit this deal. Heck they could almost afford to just produce a round of new cards for us if this drags out a bit.

pigpen said:
I never thought this thread would reach 100 posts of people buying into it. Just trying to save some people what could be a potentially huge headache. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic. There's a precedent here with ATI. If they ever actually come through with this deal, you won't see it for before december.
And what exactly do we have to lose? Nothing. They don't even authorize the charge to your card until they have one for you.

So you are being a downer unnecessarily.

Apallohadas said:
So you are being a downer unnecessarily.

Maybe, but i'm not trying to be. There's just a lot of posts in here like, "when i get this i'll ebay my other card and then take that money and buy a new....." My point being i really wouldn't make plans on having this deal go through. If that's cool with you than go with it. But i don't see the point.

It has been a little over one week since the deal got posted. The ETA was 3-4 weeks on the cards so we still have a while before we can consider this deal dead.

pigpen said:
Maybe, but i'm not trying to be. There's just a lot of posts in here like, "when i get this i'll ebay my other card and then take that money and buy a new....." My point being i really wouldn't make plans on having this deal go through. If that's cool with you than go with it. But i don't see the point.

I think you ARE intentionally trying to be a downer. Let us "glass half-full" types be optimistic. Your signature shows that you have a decent video card which would indicate that you likely never intended to buy this card. So you've basically been thread crapping since the fourth post of this 110+ thread. Enough already.

I can't speak for the rest, but my life won't be over if I don't get this card and I'm surely not mortgaging my future in reliance on this sale going through. I'm one of those non-pci-e limbo people who recently upgraded and doesn't want to buy a new motherboard. This card will tide me over for a year until I upgrade again.

Maybe i'm being naive, but I do have some faith in ATI. My guess is that they have some shipment of refurb 800 PEs coming in relatively soon. Remember this thread was started only a little over a week ago. Meaning that ATI likely only recently put the 800 pe pre-order out to the public. If they really were trying to scam us, why all of the sudden allow pre-orders? Furthermore, we've already seen the x800 pro go from pre-order to in stock. Had the x800 pro people been screwed, then I'm sure our sentiments would be significantly different.

Well, since I can cancel at any time I figures I would bite on this just for the fun of it. We shall see if I ever see the card.

LOL 3 months later when you actually do get your refurb card, a new one won't cost too much more.

Xeon22 said:
LOL 3 months later when you actually do get your refurb card, a new one won't cost too much more.
LOL, since you're obviously a fortune teller, how about sharing those winning lottery numbers LOLZERS!!!oneoneelevenl337!!

Back