[H]otter than last time: PCI-e x800XL

Ekk this is terrably tempting and makes me feel realy bad I settled with a 6600GT a few months back.

well now im debating 6800gt pci-e or this lil thing which is now more then $100 less and to my knowledge not that much of a preformance difference cept for open gl correct me if im wrong cause this looks sweet

HomerRulez said:
is this better than the x800xt?

Hellz no, my X800XT demolishes the XL and makes it whimper for more.

That being said though, dollar for dollar the XL is better by a long shot, my XT cost me $430 retail, the XL will perform almost as well (not quite) but for almost $200 less.

saving $110 over a 6800 GT PCI-E was enough for me to jump on this, even tho it's only an OEM card, $249 is pretty stinkin [H]ard to beat.

Sphexi said:
Hellz no, my X800XT demolishes the XL and makes it whimper for more.

That being said though, dollar for dollar the XL is better by a long shot, my XT cost me $430 retail, the XL will perform almost as well (not quite) but for almost $200 less.

So first you say a X800XT "demolishes" a XL.

Then you say it "will perform almost as well (not quite)".

Contradict much?

Just got my card in from this deal, it's aweseome. $249 shipped for all this PCIE power... It's sickening, really. :eek: :eek:

I paid $283 for it today, but the RAM I was going to get dropped $20 bucks so I'm not so sad.

My only objection to the X800XL is that the versions that periodically get down to great price/performance ratios when they're on sale are always the DVI/VGA version, not the 2x DVI. I like dual monitors. :)

Back