[H] users SLi guide

hehe... nice.. what are those? 6600GTs?? here's my first SLI pair

shazam5.jpg

(6800GTs)

long live the 6 series!! ;)

I would like to see facts about seperate core clocks per card added to the first post and how the newer drivers allows for individual core clocking in SLI mode.

I would like to see facts about seperate core clocks per card added to the first post and how the newer drivers allows for individual core clocking in SLI mode.

ok - I'll try and update the OP soon.. I have neglected it for a while and an update is for sure overdue.

edit: maybe I am blind but I am having no luck finding info on the newer drivers allowing for separate core clocks in SLI.. hopefully this weekend I will get some time to just try it out on my gaming rig ...

Last edited:
ok I suck... I just needed a newer version of precision and now I can clock the cards independently... I guess this change, the ability to run different clocks in SLI, was actually implemented silently in the middle of last year, before Big Bang II... I talked to a mod over at SLIzone about it... at any rate, overhaul coming to the OP soon..

EDIT: I finally got the OP updated... it's a lot better than it was but I have hit the 20k character limit, so trimming the fat a bit and doing some tweaks here and there... it's not perfect, but I think it's a lot better and more accurate now. Keep in mind it's mostly geared for less experienced people to help them with basic SLI info and issues.

Last edited:
yep... scan line interleave! my buddy had them and I was totally jealous. lol.. I had a voodoo1 and milked that puppy for a while..

Yes, it will work... or at least, I have read it works fine.. I haven't personally tested it though.. I hear you can mix 216sp with 192sp GTX260s in SLI as well...

55nm is always 216 core and 65nm is always 192 core AFAIK; one goes with the other.

oh right.. I guess the extra SPs came with the die shrink.. silly me.. ;)

55nm is always 216 core and 65nm is always 192 core AFAIK; one goes with the other.

Not true, I have the 65nm 216 core version.

Thanks for confirming the 65nm version works with the 55nm version though, time to start hunting for a deal on a GTX 260.

ok.. well.. thanks for the confirmation on that.. I kinda sorta thought that was the case but hadn't had the time to track the info down..

I am thinking about adding BFG GTX260 216 OC 55 to my EVGA GTX260 216 65nm. I assume BFG will downclock automatically without any issues?

Thanks!

it'll work fine.. and yes, the faster card will down clock automagically to the speed of the slower one with SLI enabled.

I just bought another 9600gt and i have them running in SLI, and I read that the faster would downclock to match the slower, but gpu-z and precision both say the faster card is well, still faster. When did they make it where they don't downclock?

the new drivers do allow for asynchronous clocks while in SLI so perhaps the clock matching is just a thing of the past.. either that, or when you go into 3D mode that's when the clocks sync up... but at your desktop I'm guessing the clocks might be the default for the card...

Ah, i'll have to see if they match up when i exit out of a game or not.

Wow, that is lame. Please ban/delete this post as it is just a referral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back