H50 and weird temps.

TeeJay88

Limp Gawd
Ive just installed this. And at first i thought everything was smooth once installed, but now im not so sure. And i know what everyone is going to say, reseat your pump. But before i go through all that hassle right away. heres the weird thing. Idle temps are all with in 1 or 2 degrees for each other, full load temps are all with 1 or 2 degrees of each other. Mid load cores 1 and 3 are with in 1 or 2 degrees of each other but 10 degrees warmer than cores 2 and 4. CoreTemp shows that these are 10-15% load. Now i had to install the H50 pump upside down, so the tubing is at the top of the pump and on the bottom of the radiator. And i noticed these temps in L4D2 if that helps.

A possible cause:
The pump uses a three-pin power lead, which needs to plug into the CPU fan power port on the motherboard, and the 12cm fan, confusingly, has a four-pin connector, which plugs into any other fan control port. We originally tried running the pump off a direct-power Molex and the fan off the CPU PWM port, but saw miserable performance. Only after reversing the two did we achieve the expected performance.

Well its seemed to impove them slighty. i was never really all that worried just more curious. But none the less, thank you tabasco.

Back