haha, wouldn't it be funny if...

Munka

Gawd
Doom 3 really turns out to be trash?

with all of the people buying hardware and specific 'doom 3 rigs' and all the hype... ouch, I hope ID survives...

not that I really think it will suck, to me the game certainly looks worth playing, but sometimes you just don't know until you've tried it, you know?

anyway, time will tell, and im sorry if there are a boat load of threads about D3, but oh well

As funny as that would be, it's just not going to happen. No matter how bad it is, people will enjoy it, and it's just not going to be bad. Reviews have already confirmed that.

RagingGecko said:
As funny as that would be, it's just not going to happen. No matter how bad it is, people will enjoy it, and it's just not going to be bad. Reviews have already confirmed that.

quoted for the truth.

even if it shit, you know how many preorders there are for this thing already? :p

I meant that there would be an angry mob outside of their office, not that they would die financially haha... you know, sort of how people are so mad at valve at the moment.... it's the 'cool' thing to do :rolleyes:

and I haven't seen anyhting but previews for doom 3... no reviews.

Munka said:

with all of the people buying hardware and specific 'doom 3 rigs' and all the hype... ouch, I hope ID survives...

not that I really think it will suck, to me the game certainly looks worth playing, but sometimes you just don't know until you've tried it, you know?

anyway, time will tell, and im sorry if there are a boat load of threads about D3, but oh well

When I read the thread title, I thought it would be this kind of a thread.

I HOPE Doom 3 won't suck. Why? ...'cause I spent about 1800 bucks to play this game in all it's glory...minus ultra mode of course.

^^ haha, hence the apology...

but yeah, I wouldn't say you have too much to worry about really...

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just got OT in this one. :p

Think there will be a co-op mod for this game?

a mod? I would seriously bend down and hail anyone who made one...

that was going to be the best part. I was almost completely turned off about D3 when I heard that there would be no co-op on the PC.....same about when I got Halo Pc.... I was MAD :mad:

Munka said:
a mod? I would seriously bend down and hail anyone who made one...

that was going to be the best part. I was almost completely turned off about D3 when I heard that there would be no co-op on the PC.....same about when I got Halo Pc.... I was MAD :mad:

I don't think it would be that hard to make a co-op. Would it?

well im no programmer, really... but if there is a multiplayer aspect of the game , then it shouldn't be hard by any means... that's half the battle right there. THough maybe ID took it out for technical reasons or something. I hear that that was the reason for removing it from Halo. Stupid, eh? Since computers are so much more powerful than the Xbox...

I figure that there might have been problems with it because it sounds stupid to me to remove a feature just because as a demographic, PC gamers prefer to not have co-op. That just osunded stupid to me since 1) I have yet to meet a gamer who dosen't like co-op games, and 2) what about those that do? are we stuck with serious sam? because the "AUYUUUUUGHHHHHHH" shit is getting old haha.

Well, I was just thinking of Rune co-op when I was thinking of DOOM 3 co-op. They basically made multiplayer Rune into co-op. I figure the same approach could be taken for DOOM 3. I'm talking about online multiplayer of course.

what would be even better is if terrorists went crazy and sent an electrical surge through the USA and wipe out all electronic stuff ;)

Reviews show this game will 'not' suck. Plus what you didn't take into account is ... the majority of people buying this game are Doom series fans and grew up playing Doom 1 and Doom 2.

Those of us in this catagory will play/buy the game even if it got a 1/10 review, because we're 'fans'. The Doom series is the Mario of PC games, and has a way larger fan base then say ... Half Life.

So it wouldn't be 'funny, more so ironic. But again, .... just wont happen. What will happen is people with crap PC starting threads about how their pc can't run Doom3 how they want, etc.. etc.. they'll blame iD somehow for their cheapness. There will also be flame threads about the Multiplayer for Doom 3 because its only 4 players. (which by the way was how it all started and the true multiplayer experience.) Having to hunt your enemies out and use game smarts ... not ... run around fast kill a million people, be a stat whore, spawn kill etc...

Doom 3 will dominate.

edit ... if they had to push the release date 6-12months would you want to wait for co-op ? Most people dont care much, so they base their decisions on the business aspect...

There will be coop eventually. If id doesn't release it in a patch, there's no doubt that some modder somewhere will put it in.

Personally I don't like scary/gory videogames, they feel too slow to me, and I don't like the suspense. Senseless fast action paced violence, like as seen on TV, is ok though :) I do like building games too, like Simcity and to a lesser extent, the Sims.

Both HL2 and Doom3 are not really at the top of my list. I still prefer strategy (preferrably muliplayer online strategy) or multiplayer senseless carnage (UT2004) for some quick relief. I'm actually looking forward to Guildwars, as it sounds like its going to be what 3D Diablo was supposed to be.

YAD3T!!!!! (Yet Another Doom 3 Thread)

the reviews i've seen so far are good, a 90% or better. i'm not worried if the game will suck or not. and fo' definatly there will be a co-op mod. the only question is when...

Though I am also looking forwards to guildwars. moreso then HL2. i'll play D3, beat it a couple times, work on a mod, then play guildwars...

well, like I said, I've yet to see a Doom 3 review... all I've seen is previews so far. and again I wasn't in any way suggesting that I think it will suck.

I was merely stating that there have been a lot of people buying hardware for this game and if something were to go wrong with the game now, iD would probably be forever hated....

Heh, if d3 sucks, I am going to go looney, someone will have to drag me out from under my desk and put me in the looney bin.

I am, however, irratated by all the d3 hardware related threads. Will my rig do it? What video card do I need? Shit, get the game, and then decide, damn, I use to run p90 games on my 486 dx2 :eek:

Circuitbreaker8 said:
what would be even better is if terrorists went crazy and sent an electrical surge through the USA and wipe out all electronic stuff ;)

How would that be better / funnier?

It would be even funnier if Half-Life 2 bombs...I don't mean a bad review here and there...I'm talking bout it bombing so hard that it gets the most expensive worst game of all time award...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Munka said:
and I haven't seen anyhting but previews for doom 3... no reviews.

PC Gamer has reviewed Doom 3 and gave it a 94...

"94
PC Gamer
Doom 3 is a masterpiece of the art form - staying true to the frantic legacy of the Doom series, while ambitiously reaching new heights and bashing down the doors of the next generation of PC shooter. The bar is raised. Let's see someone else climb over it. [Sept 2004, p.34]"

yeah munky, pcgamer has reviewed it and i think that there was a german version of pcgamer which also took a look at it

ahh, well, I don't read pc gamer, but like I said, it hasn't really been widely reviewed yet... plus far cry got pretty good reviews last I checked haha... good reviews don't always mean good games...

no that would not funny, because I pre-ordered it, and it would be a big waste of $55 (or whatever it ends up costing). ;)

But at this point I want it so badly that if it was Daikatana in a new box I'd be satisfied.

ah, the good old placebo effect. it wouldn't be the first time I've fooled myself into liking a game only to slowly realize it was shite, Enter The Matrix being the most recent example.

I'm not worried about that happening, though :D

colin said:
no that would not funny, because I pre-ordered it, and it would be a big waste of $55 (or whatever it ends up costing). ;)

But at this point I want it so badly that if it was Daikatana in a new box I'd be satisfied.

ah, the good old placebo effect. it wouldn't be the first time I've fooled myself into liking a game only to slowly realize it was shite, Enter The Matrix being the most recent example.

I'm not worried about that happening, though :D

Oh man, Enter tha Matrix was a huge pile of shit. I'm glad I waited on that one. I feel sorry for the people that bought it.

Munka said:
haha, I never even played it; figured it would ruin the movie.

Lol, I don't think it was possible to ruin the movie. It was pretty much ruined from the start. ;)

Munka said:

Uh, no it won't suck. Thanks for the useless thread.

Metallica_Band said:
It would be even funnier if Half-Life 2 bombs...I don't mean a bad review here and there...I'm talking bout it bombing so hard that it gets the most expensive worst game of all time award...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

That would be HILARIOUS. After all the trickery and deceit by Valve, it would be quite a site to see the game bomb. Of course, we probably have another Duke Nukem Forever on our hands anyway, so all this talk is probably wasted. We'll probably have to endure the Valve fanboys talking about Half-Life Forever after Gabe breaks the news to the gaming community that they've been "hacked" yet again using another e-mail client full of more holes than swiss cheese... :rolleyes:

even if it does "suck" (which it won't) graphically it's the next great step in game engines.

^^ im not so sure sometimes... some of those screen shots, particularly some of the NEWER ones look like ass to me... call it a step forward, but I dunno... I'm not saying I think the graphics suck or anything or that I think it will be a bad game...

It's jsut fun to come in here and hear people talking about tactics in doom... while you need to use your head, well, haha, the old style of doom didn't involve too much thinking for me... so it makes me wonder if fans of the original will find it to be fitting and what not.

Back