Hahaha, this game brings back the memories

read up on how they had to program the 2600 to do anything you'll appreciate it even more. they did things with that machine they the hardware guys couldn't have dreamed. The hardware was originally created to play pong and nothing else, 2 players and a missile.

ngbbs51918fc817372.jpg

Remember getting blisters on my thumb :p

I remember, I still have my 2600 packed away with around two dozen cartridges.

Never did beat river raid, damn that game was hard. Then again so was pitfall.

Oh, I remember this version. I don't remember ghosts warping like that, though.

Its not ghost warping around. Most like the original program can only render one ghost at a time, so the render cycles through rendering one ghost at a time for each frame.

As the 4 ghosts move apart, it gives the illusion that the ghost is randomly warping around.

Its not ghost warping around. Most like the original program can only render one ghost at a time, so the render cycles through rendering one ghost at a time for each frame.

As the 4 ghosts move apart, it gives the illusion that the ghost is randomly warping around.

You're right. Maybe this is why I hated the game.

Weird, I didn't even notice that. Probably because thats just the way I remember the game! :)

That's what it is. It looked better on an old fashioned CRT because the "pixels" persists for a fraction of a second even after being turned off unlike modern monitors.

the Atari 2600 could only process 1 SCAN LINE at a time... Pac Man in general was just a bad port of the game on a lot of the home computers/ game consoles of the time.

Last edited:
I remember, I still have my 2600 packed away with around two dozen cartridges.

Never did beat river raid, damn that game was hard. Then again so was pitfall.

Oh man River Raid! That was my favorite ever! I think I have an emulator somewhere on my hard drive with just that game on it lol

Back