Half Life 2 Episode 2 and PORTAL unlocked 12am pacific time!

Launch game does nothing! Valve delayed it until 2012! Google AdWords is selecting the word "Fonts" in my post window and its really annoying! ITS THE APOCALYPSE.

Seems to be stuck at 55%...

Hopefully this will go over more smoothly than the other Steam pre-load releases I've experienced (*cough*Bioshock*cough*)

I just bought TF2 separately.

How long does it usually take Steam to finish processing the purchase?

Why couldn't they just start the decryption at like 11:30 so the game would actually be ready at midnight? x_x

I just bought TF2 separately.

How long does it usually take Steam to finish processing the purchase?

Usually instantly (if you payed by credit card). It'll show up in your account and you can start downloading it.

Why couldn't they just start the decryption at like 11:30 so the game would actually be ready at midnight? x_x

I'm wondering that too - they have this big elaborate countdown clock (down to the second, even!), even though nobody will actually be playing at midnight PST. Makes me sad.

Usually instantly (if you payed by credit card). It'll show up in your account and you can start downloading it.

I did it with a credit card.

Weird....I remember buying DoD Source with the same credit card and was able to download the game instantly.

I did it with a credit card.

Weird....I remember buying DoD Source with the same credit card and was able to download the game instantly.

That's what it should be doing. Have you tried restarting Steam? Also, there might be a delay since it was just now available to buy separately.

That's what it should be doing. Have you tried restarting Steam? Also, there might be a delay since it was just now available to buy separately.

Yea, I tried restarting.

Whatever, it's not really that big of an issue. I just would've like to get in a half hour of playing before I went to bed. Guess I'll just wait till the morning.

almost done, will have to play rock paper scissors with myself to determine which I will play first

I'll be playing Portal since I never finished HL2, let alone Ep1... then I'll finish them and move to Ep2, soon :D!

an omage to kyle and his thundechicken days... i think so

thunderchicken.jpg

portal is way cool but easy until the "advanced" challenges, and the last #18? of the regular ones. It is also pretty funny lol @ the android hell

I'm sitting in my office sucking down coffee and feeling pretty queasy for having stayed up sooo late playing portal and Ep2.

It gets harder and harder to do this as you get older!!! (not that it stops me from doing it....)

Back