Half Life 2 First Review *56k users beware*

SithSolo1 said:
Nooooo, keep the dream alive!!! :eek:
even if it is released, it'll be pumped up with so much pseudo cs realism that it will lose all the charm of tf and tfc. If they remove rocket jumping it will be the end of pc gaming, atleast as far as valve and I are concerned.

thanks for the pics! .. I think HL2 will be pretty cool game ..I'm enjoying gettn my bootie handed to me in CS:S of late

I played original CS other day and thought .."boy ..I used to think these graphics were all that and a bag of chips ..." ..I like the new CS look and feel a whole lot better ..but hey ..Ima newb to CS and I'm sure some of the CS veterens out there would disagree with me.

..and to think that I almost sold my HL2 voucher ...*whew* :)

archevilangel said:
even if it is released, it'll be pumped up with so much pseudo cs realism that it will lose all the charm of tf and tfc. If they remove rocket jumping it will be the end of pc gaming, atleast as far as valve and I are concerned.

No more rocket jjump?! That's like... a disaster! I remember the good ol' days with TFC... Rocket jumps.. Big red sniper dot..

*crosses fingers for tfc 2*

HRslammR said:
i'm not hating on half-life, i'm hating on the "amazing storyline" it had. i mean, what story innovation? guy fights aliens and gov't to stay alive. not that terribly revolutionary in story. just saying.

but, gov't resistence and guns and machine guns and aliens and fighting i'm all for. story immersion, enviroment, graphics. sign me up! but story innovation? ehhhh not so much.
I feel that what made the hl story so innovative is how well the gameplay the story progression were intertwined. Playing it is like reading a sci-fi novel and watching it unfold right before your eyes. There are so many little things that make hl cool; like the train ride at the beginning, to the random appearances of G-Man. The only sci-fi themed games that come to close that degree of immersion that I've played are Halo and Far Cry. The next time you hate on hl's story just remember when it came out. And I haven't seen any games trump that level of immersion lately.

ok i don't understand..

if the mag is out in stores, why can't the dude post the pics?

thats bogus

bobsaget said:
Holy shit, that is what makes a game cool for me...

There is nothing more I hate than shooting the shit out of a chair or something and have it just sit there untouched... :mad:

Thanks for those pics! ;)

While I find that sort of thing amusing, it doesn't really matter if the game has it or not. I always wonder if the people that love that in a game have A.D.D. :p ;)

Thats like saying why should I have to buy Doom 3, it's out in the stores so why can't I just download a copy of it.

The magazine company made that article to make money and if it is posted on here for free that is less people that will buy it.

Jrmicon said:
Thats like saying why should I have to buy Doom 3, it's out in the stores so why can't I just download a copy of it.

The magazine company made that article to make money and if it is posted on here for free that is less people that will buy it.

Pretty sure Kyle already took care of that matter. It's really not a big deal.

theNoid said:
1. I am still NOT impressed with the texturing in this game AT ALL.

yeah, that's what i though looking at these scans - however, i remember freaking out when i saw the bink-videos, so i reckon it's gonna look grand on screen.

Back